The Irredeemable Ant-Man has been cancelled...

I don't think it's him watching her in the shower that's particularly funny, it's that Kirkman had the artist repeat the same panel of Eric with a dopey smile over and over again.

Copy and paste is funny! ROFLCOPTER!!!111!

He uses it often in Invincible.

Are you insulting Invincible, ******?

No, because we're not talking about Invincible, are we? Please, don't pull such an idiotic debate tactic. I believe you're a better man than that.

I don't think it's him watching her in the shower that's particularly funny, it's that Kirkman had the artist repeat the same panel of Eric with a dopey smile over and over again.
Oh. Yeah, I can see how that's funny. It's always a laugh when I get panel after panel of a photocopied image. Really shows the artist is working hard there. :up:

:confused:

No, because we're not talking about Invincible, are we? Please, don't pull such an idiotic debate tactic. I believe you're a better man than that.
I was joking. :confused:

Oh. Yeah, I can see how that's funny. It's always a laugh when I get panel after panel of a photocopied image. Really shows the artist is working hard there. :up:

:confused:
You wouldn't think so, but it is.

Seriously, it's basically the comic equivalent of a long pause. I mean, I guess you could do that with one panel, but when it's a bunch of them, it really puts an emphasis on whatever the panel features and also an emphasis on the time that's passed. They say comedy's about timing, and so are those panels.

Also, it has absolutely nothing to do with the artist's own "laziness" or whatever. Kirkman is TELLING them to draw it that way. But, as you said in your first post, you just don't get it.

Well this just sort of sucks.

While I won't cry and complain over it, it is saddening to see such a good series go.

Yeah, the joke is old, but his s**t-eating grin sold that page for me. :woot:

I just hope that if we can't get it to be an ongoing I can at least get a decent packaging of the series in the end. I don't like the digests, but highly doubt we'd get an HC.

I just hope that if we can't get it to be an ongoing I can at least get a decent packaging of the series in the end. I don't like the digests, but highly doubt we'd get an HC.

It was critically acclaimed, so an eventual HC is possible. I mean, RUNAWAYS eventually got HC's, you just had to wait a few years for it. One could include the 12 issue series and the CW CHOOSING SIDES one-shot story. :D

The more I think about this, the more I wonder if this is really the end. I mean, the damn solicit had hints to the contrary. I think Marvel and Kirkman may have something planned for Eric O'Grady.

The more I think about this, the more I wonder if this is really the end. I mean, the damn solicit had hints to the contrary. I think Marvel and Kirkman may have something planned for Eric O'Grady.

One can hope.

I think Marvel's just trying to boost sales.

I mean, it's not like they WANT to cancel books. I'd sure they want to see IAM continue...if only to make money off of it.

Its a very Low selling Book, about a character no one really cares about [hence why its low selling]. Marvel should not waste ts time, especially not on a ant-man book, with a pervert main character.

I think Marvel's just trying to boost sales.

I mean, it's not like they WANT to cancel books. I'd sure they want to see IAM continue...if only to make money off of it.

Why? It's clearly not going to make sales big enough to see any profit being made. Cancel it and release another Wolverine or Spider-Man book. Easy money.

Why? It's clearly not going to make sales big enough to see any profit being made. Cancel it and release another Wolverine or Spider-Man book. Easy money.
Yet they're not releasing any other Spider-Man or Wolverine books. :confused:

Im sure it's still posting a profit, just not one large enough to dedicate that level of talent.

I'd get rid of Hester and find some crappy artist from the sticks.

I enjoy the book, it's not amazing or anything but it's a good book to read every month.

I don't love it enough to write in or anything though.

Its a very Low selling Book, about a character no one really cares about [hence why its low selling]. Marvel should not waste ts time, especially not on a ant-man book, with a pervert main character.

A lot of great stories start low selling with little interest. It's mainly because when you try new things that don't involve wolverine, ninjas or constant gunfire the masses generally tune out. This was a very good book, with a very realistic character and it actually made ant-man cool. He was a perv, but aren't we all in our own ways?

Personally if they are cancelling the series I'd like to see him join a team. I'd love to see him on New Avengers since both are pretty anti SHIELD, but I fear he'd just become back ground noise as all Bendis seems to be doing is writing witty one-liners that become white noise, while fighting ninjas.

New Warriors could be cool too...

I got the first few issues and will probably go and pick up the rest soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"