Sequels The Jane Foster / Natalie Portman thread

Wow this news was very unexpected! But I can’t wait to see woman Thor!

Shocking news. But if done it could be a very good move.
The inspiration is said to be Jason Aaron's "The Mighty Thor". It could very well be, at the center of it, a love story...

298139b._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Seeing that photo I was just reminded of it: what's up with Hemsworth always being paired with significantly shorter actresses?

To be fair, he’s like 6’3” so most people are going to be shorter.

I just hope Portman actually gives a better performance than her first go round. The MCU has gotten a much better handle on things since the early days.

I just hope Portman actually gives a better performance than her first go round. The MCU has gotten a much better handle on things since the early days.

Oh yeah, I get that he is a big fellow. But both Portman and Thompson are way shorter than your usual Hollywood leading lady (like Charlize Theron, or Jlaw, for example).

So there will be two Asgardian queens? :oldrazz:

Well for her to be wielding Mjornir, she has to be from an alternate timeline/world/ universe

never liked that femal thor stuff
but...if Taika delivers a movie, with the style, humour and soundtrack like in Ragnarok, i‘ll take everything. as long as it is more space based then earth grounded.
can‘t wait to see Natalie in that Thor armour (with helmet of course)
I‘m sure she will show better acting, since she has seen, how appreciated Ragnorak was (also in regards to her absence). its like her second chance. i always liked her and had a huge childhood crush on her.

D__e_DaXkAAUqpw.jpg:large

Well for her to be wielding Mjornir, she has to be from an alternate timeline/world/ universe

Or alternatively, you know, Thor could just empower her. He has come into his power as a god in his own right, after all. If Odin can take away a god's power, it hardly seems implausible that Thor could grant someone a god's power. If, most likely, with complications and drawbacks.

Wasn’t sure what direction they’d take Thor 4 but love this development! Waititi’s going to kill it :up:

I'm 99% certain that Cap gave her Mjolnir when he returned the Aether at the end of EG. That would then have created an alternate timeline where Jane takes up the mantle of Thor (maybe the original one got killed or something) and then gets transported somehow into the main MCU timeline.

So my guess is that she technically won't be the same character we saw in the first two Thor movies (similar to Thanos and Gamora in EG).

Thor Odinson will always be my Thor and because of that, I skipped the Aaron female Thor run. Well, I recently read the female Thor run because I wanted to read the entire Thor run not just the Unworthy Thor bit.
Well, the female Thor storyline was incredible. Not just good, incredible. So long story short, give something a chance before judging it, otherwise, you may be missing out.

I'm hoping they get a statuesque actress to play the female Thor that Jane changes into. Portman can dub her lines. So Portman will play Jane as a human and with the transformation get someone else (no CG).

I'm hoping they get a statuesque actress to play the female Thor that Jane changes into. Portman can dub her lines. So Portman will play Jane as a human and with the transformation get someone else (no CG).

Aside from being really weird (having a voice come out of a different person's mouth), it wouldn't really fit with what we've seen from Mjolnir in the MCU. Being able to wield the hammer doesn't change your physical appearance; it just amps your abilities.

For example, Cap's appearance didn't change when he lifted the hammer

Aside from being really weird (having a voice come out of a different person's mouth), it wouldn't really fit with what we've seen from Mjolnir in the MCU. Being able to wield the hammer doesn't change your physical appearance; it just amps your abilities.

For example, Cap's appearance didn't change when he lifted the hammer
Vision is a robot. So an inanimate character is lifting the hammer - Doesn't count
Odin - Is Odin
Captain America appearance doesn't change in the comics when he lifts the hammer. And that is both times he has lifted the hammer.

Everyone else who has lifted the hammer has had their appearance changed.

Vision is a robot. So an inanimate character is lifting the hammer - Doesn't count
Odin - Is Odin
Captain America appearance doesn't change in the comics when he lifts the hammer. And that is both times he has lifted the hammer.

Everyone else who has lifted the hammer has had their appearance changed.

Nobody else has lifted the hammer in the MCU. So there's nothing to go on.

She’s a better actress than many others who have featured. With better material I’m sure she can do well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"