Sequels The Jane Foster / Natalie Portman thread

I'm hoping they get a statuesque actress to play the female Thor that Jane changes into. Portman can dub her lines. So Portman will play Jane as a human and with the transformation get someone else (no CG).

I don't think they'll do that. She's not going to change into anyone else. I don't think she will even become a female "Thor" as such.

She will be a hammer wielder who is worthy to wield the hammer, but will stay essentially Jane Foster. She might get some armour, but her name is not suddenly going to be "Thor".

Thor is Thor's actual name, just like Steve Rogers was Steve Rogers's actual name. It's not like the original comics where we had Dr Donald Blake who was an ordinary human who changed into Thor with a physical transformation. Thor is Thor all the time. Even if he became unworthy to wield the hammer anymore, he's not going to stop looking like he is or being who he is.

On a different note, I wonder if we'll get Natalie with bare arms like the comic version, or whether it will be covered up like movie Thor's armour.

Thor is and will always be Thor. He's the character and always comes back.
Jane Foster became Thor for a while, i wonder how they're tackling that transformation in the MCU. We have seen other people lift Mjolnir but no-one has really transformed into a version of Thor, they have wielded that power but not the armour, look and all...

I could see this becoming more of a significant transformation for Jane Foster because of the cancer angle. Maybe that's a way of neutralizing the sickness. It's intriguing to try and figure out how it's gonna be accomplished.

Anyway seeing a character transform into a version of Thor in the MCU is something we have never seen before and it should come as a big and impactful surprise. A visual treat really.

I hope we don't eventually get Fat Female Thor.

I hope we get a call back to the first Thor movie with Jane holding the hammer and receiving the power while Thor's in shock in the background saying "oh...my...goddess".

I think they have to transform Portman. She is Tiny. Way too small to play a credible Thor.
Forster is tiny in the comics but when she picks up the hammer she is 6 foot tall, blond and built.

I think they have to transform Portman. She is Tiny. Way too small to play a credible Thor.
Forster is tiny in the comics but when she picks up the hammer she is 6 foot tall, blond and built.

Valkyrie in the comics is also 6ft tall, blonde and built. They didn't transform Tessa Thompson for the movies.

Does it mean that whoever is worthy automatically gets blonde hair? Natalie Portman? Vision? Beta Ray Bill?

8 inch heels, a wig and a muscle suit? :D:

D__5xxxW4AAeOhV.jpg

I've never seen Portman bulky enough to make for a physically believable female Thor. The best physique she has on screen is probably in Black Swan but she was skinny as hell there. A Gadot-like physique would be fine.

That is a complete physical transformation to the height and body type of Portman.
Marvel had skinny Cap transform to the super solider, they can surely do the reverse. Afterall, female Thor will only appear for action scenes.

Maybe they will go with an angle that she still has some residual Aether in her blood or something?

Having enjoyed The Dark World more than most, I like Portman and dont mind her at all as female Thor. I just hope Taiki can give us a little more serious and dramatic Thor movie rather than just recycling the skits of Ragnarok

Can't wait to see Natalie Thorwoman to use the Mjolnir! Her presence in the a-Force scene in Endgame was missing similar to Black Widow.

I am very very very very excited by this!

But one concern I have....I have my doubt that Marvel and Taika will not pull the condition of Jane Foster's cancer. (that would be too serious and tragic for their overall tone, I think).
Given That is one story in comics that particularly enganging in terms of storytelling, I will applaud Marvel if they do that.

Last edited:
If they can have an entirely cgi hulk I don’t see why they can’t have a cgi Thortman. That would look bad ass in motion capture plus if Portman decides she doesn’t want to come back they can always get someone else in

If they can have an entirely cgi hulk I don’t see why they can’t have a cgi Thortman. That would look bad ass in motion capture plus if Portman decides she doesn’t want to come back they can always get someone else in

CGI humans is not a good effect

Hulk is easier to achieve because he's green. Thanos is pink. Flesh tones would be much harder.
I don't see the problem with casting a different actress to play female Thor. James Earl Jones voices Vader and a bodybuilder plays the part. Having Portman in a costume is a huge mistake (IMHO).

Maybe they will go with an angle that she still has some residual Aether in her blood or something?

Having enjoyed The Dark World more than most, I like Portman and dont mind her at all as female Thor. I just hope Taiki can give us a little more serious and dramatic Thor movie rather than just recycling the skits of Ragnarok
Great point. That’s a perfect answer to why she might be sick. It fits perfectly.

I would love a tall and buff Jane-Thor but let's be real, Portman wouldn't have accepted to come back if the role of "woman with cancer" was all Marvel had to offer her.

I'm pretty sure she's gonna play both Jane and Thor.

Hulk is easier to achieve because he's green. Thanos is pink. Flesh tones would be much harder.
I don't see the problem with casting a different actress to play female Thor. James Earl Jones voices Vader and a bodybuilder plays the part. Having Portman in a costume is a huge mistake (IMHO).

No flesh tones needed at all if they use the above technology, as it will be her own flesh. You're just altering some of Natalie's dimensions to make her appear taller/ buffer.

I’m of the opinion that Natalie Portman should be in costume. 100%. To have someone’s body and her face would draw all kinds of criticism.

Just have her train hard for a while and she’ll be just fine. Much like Tessa who used a badass Valkyrie suit. It’s a no brainer if you ask me and even Natalie Portman already hinted at a workout regime for herself to follow.

If it is her as female Thor then used forced perfective to make her appear larger. Like in Lord of the Rings.

Odin is dead. Asgard is gone. As of now Thor is gone. Mjolnir is gone having been destroyed in main timeline and returned to the past by Cap. Stormbreaker was never enchanted.

What's the source of her powers?

If Taika wants to bulk Natalie up he should borrow Zach Levi's SHAZAM! outfit. Instant muscles!

Odin is dead. Asgard is gone. As of now Thor is gone. Mjolnir is gone having been destroyed in main timeline and returned to the past by Cap. Stormbreaker was never enchanted.

My first inclination is that Mjolnir gets fixed - either it puts itself together or a Wizard (Strange? Loki? Wanda?) does it.

Odin was able to give and take powers from Loki and Thor may be Thor could also find such abilities

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"