The JJ Abrams Thread

Octoberist

point blank
Reaction score
This might an inappropriate time to have a JJ Abrams thread, since he has signed on to do STAR WARS just today, but here you go:

Treker: That JJ...that traitor!

Well I guess the odds of JJ directing a third Trek film aren't as high as they once were.

I'm honestly shocked that he is doing Star Wars after doing a Star Wars version of Star Trek. I loved that version but that is what Star Trek was.

Last edited:
I always have my doudts he would direct a third Star Trek.This confirms It.He's likely
stay on as producer like he has for Mission Impossible sequels.

This could be good for Trek In Long run.

I don't know what to say to be honest. This is big news.

I suppose after Into Darkness, we can get a new director. Maybe a REAL Trekkie can take the helm this time.

If Into Darkness is a huge hit, I honestly see Matt Reeves directing an Abrams produced 3rd film.

This guy is going to have the best portfolio in hollywood.

I don't know what to say to be honest. This is big news.

I suppose after Into Darkness, we can get a new director. Maybe a REAL Trekkie can take the helm this time.

Sorry, but behave with that. Nick Mayer was NOT a trekkie and he, IMO, directed two of the best Trek films (some argue one of the best sci-fi films with TWOK).

"Good in the long run." How so?

"Disappointing decision." In what way? Disappointing to you as you hoped he would direct the third film? Or in a trek fanboy way of 'eeee star wars'?

Suddenly this forums feels like a Red Sox forum right after the Yankees signed their top player.

Star Trek and Star Wars (except the prequels... yikes :-S) are both awesome.

I'm gutted he wont be back for Trek 3 (13) but I'm also excited to see what he brings to Star Wars. Mixed emotions lol

Did JJ Abrams pull a Bryan Singer? I was hoping he'd be back for Star Trek 3 , but I can't complain about him directing Star Wars.

Did JJ Abrams pull a Bryan Singer? I was hoping he'd be back for Star Trek 3 , but I can't complain about him directing Star Wars.

JJ will still be involved with Trek 3 as a producer and he'll have a hand in the story.

Personally, I'm excited to see what a new director will bring to the table.

Just thought, he COULD possibly direct Trek 3 still. The new SW film will be aiming for a 2015 release. Trek 3 may not be out for four years, going by the gap between Trek 09 and Trek ITD. So a 2017 Trek release could be on the cards. Gives Abrams and the writers enough time to do other projects and sort out a script :).

I think JJ did his job in bringing Star Trek back to life. Now the question is, what direction will it go?

Actually, if he does pull a Bryan Singer, then the next Star Wars movie will be boring. :(

^ Quite true.

It will be called Star Wars Episode VII: Returns

^ Quite true.

It will be called Star Wars Episode VII: Returns

AURA SING: Admiral, the third and most powerful Ultimate Triple Death Star is fully operational. What is your command?

THRAWN: Aim it at New Alderaan, capital of the hated New Republic.

AURA SING: Excellent, sir. Then what?

THRAWN: Then use the Death Star laser to cause a tropical storm that will damage part of the coastline of one of their continents. I've bought some cheap desert property there, and once our plan is complete, it will be worth a fortune!

AURA SING: :dry:

I'm shocked. Directing a SW movie is definitely a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, but it must've been one hell of a script to lure J.J. Abrams over to the rival franchise.

But it's way too soon to say whether a Abrams-free ST3 will fare.

I'm shocked. Directing a SW movie is definitely a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, but it must've been one hell of a script to lure J.J. Abrams over to the rival franchise.

But it's way too soon to say whether a Abrams-free ST3 will fare.

Either that, or a load of cash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"