The JJ Abrams Thread

Did JJ Abrams pull a Bryan Singer? I was hoping he'd be back for Star Trek 3 , but I can't complain about him directing Star Wars.
Pretty much :D .

Brett Ratner is in talks to direct Star Trek 3. Kirk gets killed in the first 10 minutes and will have only 4 lines. Scotty then becomes Captain.

Anyone think history will repeat itself ten years later?....

BSinger X-Men
JJAbrams Star Trek

BSinger X2
JJAbrams Star Trek Into Darkness

BRatner X-Men The Last Stand
BSinger Superman Returns
JJAbrams Star Wars 7
??? Star Trek 3

X-Men was 2000, while X-Men The Last Stand and Superman Returns were both released in 2006.

OMG. All this 'rival franchise' talk. It's silly. He's said all along he was a Star Wars fan more any way. This is clearly something he's dreamed of doing.

I say best of luck. Even if he doesn't direct ST3 (and with the gaps between films, there's still a chance he could direct ST3), he'll still be involved in its development.

BSinger X-Men
JJAbrams Star Trek

BSinger X2

BSinger Superman Returns
JJAbrams Star Wars 7
??? Star Trek 3
No, because I feel we're dealing with more competent people this time.

I liked X-Men and X2, but I always felt like they lacked the essence of the comic books. Felt like there was never anything that exciting about them. X2 is still one of my top comic book films, but I definitely think he is overrated.

Bryan Singer has the potential to do great, but I think it's a bit of a gamble. He could give u an X2 (another wrath of khan) or Superman Returns (maybe ST:the motion picture is a good comparison?)

I strongly disagree.People online who didn't like SUperman returns continue to bash him.
They are getting their Superman reboot.Directors don't quit because of some have bad reaction to one film.

X2 Is one of my 3 favorate comic book films of all time.My favorate Marvel films.And all good X-Men films have had his Involvemnet(X2,First Class,X-men)

I am one of general audences who liked Superman returns.The trailers for that excited
me more than man of steel.I also like The Usual SUspects and Valykrie.

As a true Trek Fan I am sure he could do Trek film that Is less of Star Wars Influence.

BSinger X-Men
JJAbrams Star Trek

BSinger X2

BSinger Superman Returns
JJAbrams Star Wars 7
??? Star Trek 3

Not really.

I strongly disagree.People online who didn't like SUperman returns continue to bash him.
They are getting their Superman reboot.Directors don't quit because of some have bad reaction to one film.

X2 Is one of my 3 favorate comic book films of all time.My favorate Marvel films.And all good X-Men films have had his Involvemnet(X2,First Class,X-men)

I am one of general audences who liked Superman returns.The trailers for that excited
me more than man of steel.I also like The Usual SUspects and Valykrie.

As a true Trek Fan I am sure he could do Trek film that Is less of Star Wars Influence.
That would be nice to see. Now that the Abrams reboot brought the franchise back to life, and created a new generation of Trekkies, I think we could get a Star Trek film that isn't like Star Wars.

If Star Wars is coming out in 2015, when do you think we'd get another Star Trek film? I doubt they would release the same year. Maybe sometime in 2016-2017?

I suspect the studio will want the next film for 2016 for 50th annivarsy of Trek.

Agreed. 2016 sounds perfect to me. I think in preparation for that, they should re-release the Star Trek films in theaters (preferably without 3D). I'd love to see TMP on the big screen, and of course Wrath of Khan, Voyage Home, the Undiscovered Country, and First Contact.

So many fans hate First Contact as well. I love it. :D

I just find it hard to believe Abrams can handle a turnaround like that and will be up for going right back into Star Trek right after Star Trek and Star Wars back to back.

I predict he won't direct the third and it will be Brett Ratner instead :D .

Favreau want's this franchise sooo bad.
..he needs it.

Personally I don't think fandom is required ore really even preferable, rather just the willingness to approach the material with a lack of irony.

Why does he have to be a Trekkie, or have a connection to Trek? Mayer and Abrams where not Trekkies and both did a great job. What you need is respect for the franchise itself. If you don't, you get Stuart Baird. Trekkie or no, just give us a top director who knows what he's doing.

I'm not saying he has to be a Trekkie, I'm just curious if he is one, that's all.

Sorry PS. Your comment on pg1 of 'Maybe a real Trekkie' insinuated that. For I got the wrong end of the stick, sorry.

Me personally, I don't care if the new director (I still think JJ will do the third) loved Trek or didn't care for it much back in the day, as long as they have respect for the material and deliver a cracking film, coolios.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"