The JJ Abrams Thread

JJ Abrams: the new authority on space fiction.

Sorry PS. Your comment on pg1 of 'Maybe a real Trekkie' insinuated that. For I got the wrong end of the stick, sorry.

Me personally, I don't care if the new director (I still think JJ will do the third) loved Trek or didn't care for it much back in the day, as long as they have respect for the material and deliver a cracking film, coolios.
:up:

I want Roberto Orci or Robert Zemeckis to direct. In that order.

No Bryan Singer! You got that? Good.
Just remember "Superman Returns" and you'll get why.

Singer actually had some interestng ideas for a show. If he were to be involved in Trek, I'd prefer that it were in that capacity.

I'm feeling pretty lucky, Joss Whedon who I love is making things awesome at Marvel, which I love. JJ Abrams who I love is gonna be making Star Wars which I love even more and Bryan Singer is returning to the franchise he belongs in! Its a good time for me to be a fan of things.

Abrams did an amazing job with the first Trek film...I don't think a lot of people fully realize just how difficult of a project it was. Think about it...he had a large number of main characters that were already established in a previous series but still had to create "origin" stories for each of them and then show how they all got together and then still somehow incorporate a villain with the screen time still available. That would have been an insane project to be on I bet.

Last edited:
JJ Abrams: the new authority on space fiction.

JJ Abrams is certainly a talented director, but he'll have his work cut out for him making sure that the styles of both franchises keep an original voice. I really enjoyed the new Trek, but I noticed that many people felt it was too Star Wars-ish. Having him as the director for both kind of waters down the sci fi world. I'm excited, but nervous too.

I think JJ Abrams did his job in resurrecting the franchise, now we can get someone else to come in and continue his work/legacy, and keep on expanding the Star Trek franchise.

Thought this was cute:

3qgjGut.jpg

https://bobthieleart.wordpress.com/2013/01/28/about-that-star-wars-directing-gig/

That sandbox is 60% urine. Good luck, JJ! :mad:

Pine hopes J.J. Abrams treks back from 'Star Wars'

Star Trek franchise star Chris Pine says he's thrilled that his director is shipping out to another universe for awhile — but he better return at warp speed.

When Disney announced last week that J.J. Abrams, director of 2009's Star Trek and the forthcoming Star Trek Into Darkness (due May 17), had been hired to direct Star Wars: Episode VII for 2015, it shook up everyone in the cinematic sci-fi world, particularly its leading lights.

"The only way I'll be disappointed is if he doesn't direct our third movie," says Pine, who plays Captain Kirk. "I think if that turns out to be the case we'll have to kidnap him and hold him hostage until he agrees to do a third."

All jokes aside, Pine believes Abrams will rock the Star Wars series.

"From my standpoint, J.J. is a science-fiction genius," says Pine. "To have him over in the Star Wars camp is going to be a great thing. I'm sure it's going to be a great film."

Last week, Paramount Vice Chairman Rob Moore said Abrams is committed to produce another Star Trek film, but there's no word as to whether he will direct.

Pine, who'll also assume the CIA agent title role in Jack Ryan (out Christmas Day), acknowledges that a controversy has arisen over a director moving back and forth between the two mega-bucks franchises: "There are fans from both camps who have their opinion on that.''

As for speculation that Pine or Kirk might appear, even in cameo, in Star Wars, Pine puts up the full deflector shields.

"Now you're really playing with fire,'' he says. "I wouldn't say that even lightly."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2013/01/31/chris-pine-jj-abrams-star-wars/1877565/

The cast of Star Wars is gathering around to watch a Star Trek movie. Doesn't seem mean.

Mean in comparing to the 'JJ dumps Kirk for Han and Luke' piece. And I what I meant by 'mean' is as in 'cute mean' but not anything malice!!!

Portal and Half-Life?! :eek:

To be honest I think JJ will do a great job on Star Wars.
Its his thing anyway, he's on record countless times saying he was more Wars than Trek. I love Star Wars, I just love Trek more, but that said, I still want a good Star Wars movie too. JJ lifted Trek out of the doldrums with his reboot, and I think with the first movie he really managed the impossible with giving a prequel without tying himself down to the established canon. A really good job.
Just imagine what he'll do with the budget of a Star Wars movie, no problems about breaking from the established canon, (sequels rather than prequels), its gonna be (should be) freakin awesome.

Before i saw Abrams film i never really cared about Star Trek, then i watched his reboot, liked it but expected more, found it a little too little and fast for my taste, i decided to give the original show a shot, and i have to say that it was amazing, the philosophical questions of each episode are something i miss in the films, if done right you could have not just a great Star Trek film, but also a great science fiction film overall.

Didn't watch Into Darkness, looks promising.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"