The Joker Thread - Part 1

Yet, it’s not really the same motives as TDK Joker, because he set out to manipulate the politics in Gotham to tear it apart. What I’m proposing has nothing to do with politics at all. What I have in mind is a Joker that is literally trying to undo what Batman is doing.

If given the choice, I'd much rather he look like a ghoul or Count Orlok than Twisty or Jeff the Killer. Leto's arguably traditional makeup on its own even veered into that territory a bit.

Last edited:
Well no duh, but then let's not pretend like what people are proposing is a radical reinvention. There are other ways to adapt the character...
And yet my suggestions are met with wide derision!

A lot of what I’m reading is a perma white version of Ledger’s Joker, when ends up sounding like a combination of 2 or 3 past Joker’s. Boooooring.

I am not prepared to dignify the wild ravings of a mad man! :argh::p
original.gif

A lot of what I’m reading is a perma white version of Ledger’s Joker, when ends up sounding like a combination of 2 or 3 past Joker’s. Boooooring.
Not really boring. A combination of Nicholson and Ledger for instance would be pretty cool; hamminess and gag weapons mixed with those twitchy tics doesn't sound super boring.

Of course, I'm just offering that up in addition to whatever Reeves himself adds to this version.

FFS let's just get this thread back on track. Heavily implying his origins while also having The Joker himself offer up proof of something different like immortality to mess with us wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Best of both worlds. There. Nicholson's origin actually DID happen and everyone ate it up. What we're proposing is an amoral chemical worker who gets his skin bleached. That's it, nothing super duper detailed.

And even then, they don't even have to actually show it. Just have the cops imply it as a possible lead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"