'The Last of Us' HBO Series

They are starting to have some videos appear on youtube of people filming what the set looks like. I'm not sure how adverse people are to spoilers on this site (since this isn't technically an official Last of Us site and some folks may not have played the game here). So I will just post a video where someone was just walking around the outside of the set and just gave a very vague view of what the set looks like.

Oh I didn’t know Anna Torv was in this. I’ve never played the game but between Pascal, Luna, and Torv, I’ll definitely be watching.

Some of the stuff I heard from the second game doesn't sound too appealing, but this could be good. If the show gets to that point, maybe they'll have built up to it better.

Last of Us 2 is phenomenal, but that's a discussion for another thread.

As for the set video, that's definitely the opening to the first game.

5rUWMTR.gif

Some of the stuff I heard from the second game doesn't sound too appealing, but this could be good. If the show gets to that point, maybe they'll have built up to it better.

Yeah the second game is really good as well. Even though a portion of the criticism it has gotten is valid it at the same time has attracted a lot of trolling (because they know they can get attention from it) as well as people who just like to complain about representation.

It's really a game that people need to play for themselves (or at least watch a playthrough of) to see how they would really feel about it.

The Directors Guild of Canada lists Craig Mazin as one of the directors.

They are starting to have some videos appear on youtube of people filming what the set looks like. I'm not sure how adverse people are to spoilers on this site (since this isn't technically an official Last of Us site and some folks may not have played the game here). So I will just post a video where someone was just walking around the outside of the set and just gave a very vague view of what the set looks like.

Oh yeah, that definitely looks like the opening of the game. So exciting.

Yeah.. it surely looks more like Dina than Ellie...haha.

I wonder if this succeed enough that they will continuing into Season 2 with exactly the same premise with Part II?

Considering Part II received a lot of negative feedback from fans. (I loved it by the way!)
(And I am curious if "that scene" from Part II will also translated exactly like in the game...imagine the shock value for those who never knew the plot or never plays the game when that moment came...haha).

Last edited:
I wonder if this succeed enough that they will continuing into Season 2 with exactly the same premise with Part II?

Considering Part II received a lot of negative feedback from fans. (I loved it by the way!)
(And I am curious if "that scene" from Part II will also translated exactly like in the game...imagine the shock value for those who never knew the plot or never plays the game when that moment came...haha).
There was a considerable time jump between the first game and the second game...what was it, 5 years? Say the show is successful, and it more than likely will be, so they move forward with a second season based on TLOU2. Bella Ramsey is 17 now so she'd definitely be at least Ellie's age in TLOU2 so a time jump wouldn't be out of the question. What I'd rather see after season one is more of what happened in between the two games but you'd also probably have to keep it relatively low stakes because there didn't seem to be any kind of cataclysmic event between the two games, and that doesn't really make for exciting television.

There was a considerable time jump between the first game and the second game...what was it, 5 years? Say the show is successful, and it more than likely will be, so they move forward with a second season based on TLOU2. Bella Ramsey is 17 now so she'd definitely be at least Ellie's age in TLOU2 so a time jump wouldn't be out of the question. What I'd rather see after season one is more of what happened in between the two games but you'd also probably have to keep it relatively low stakes because there didn't seem to be any kind of cataclysmic event between the two games, and that doesn't really make for exciting television.

I think what happened between 5 years gap from Game 1 until Part II was already covered in Part II game, was not it?

Like Ellie and Joel visiting a Dinosaur museum, Ellie learning sniping technique's from Tommy, Abby's relationship with his father and Owen, Ellie and Joel's fallout until their reconciliation just the night before "that moment" came.
It was indeed a calm 5 years before the storm hits.

Yeah.. it surely looks more like Dina than Ellie...haha.
I don't know how anyone from the production just let this. Like I literally cannot let go of the similarities. It literally looks like a gameplay screenshot of Dina in the second game.

I don't know how anyone from the production just let this. Like I literally cannot let go of the similarities. It literally looks like a gameplay screenshot of Dina in the second game.

Yeah..haha.
Though that's not really important to me, as long as her characterization is the same, I don't really mind if her looks is different from the game. (Same for Joel and other character, too).

Btw, love your profile pic!
I am Twice fan too. I've got all their songs on my spotify's tracklist. hehe.

Finished the game for the first time. It's great.

So since this is 10 episodes, here's how I think it's gonna go:

Episode 1: Prologue with Joel and Sarah. Introducing Tess and Ellie, and finding out she's immune at the end.

Episode 2: Them facing Clickers and Tess getting infected. Finding out the fireflies were killed and Tess sacrificing herself.

Episode 3: Fiding Bill for help (the show will explore his relationship with Frank). First Bloater to show up.

Episode 4: Ellie and Joel being ambushed by bandits. Ellie saving Joel and learning how to shoot.

Episode 5: The tragic story of Henry and Sam.

Episode 6: Meeting Tommy, and Ellie running away.

Episode 7: Joel and Ellie going to the university to find out the fireflies moved. Joel being attacked severely hurt.

Episode 8: Ellie surviving by herself and taking care of Joel. Ellie meeting David.

Episode 9: Ellie being capture by the cannibals. Joel recovering and saving her.

Episode 10: The conclusion with them find the fireflies, confronting Marlene and saving Ellie.

Last edited:
Finished the game for the first time. It's great.

So since this is 10 episodes, here's how I think it's gonna go:

Episode 1: Prologue with Joel and Sarah. Introducing Tess and Ellie, and finding out she's immune at the end.

Episode 2: Them facing Clickers and Tess getting infected. Finding out the fireflies were killed and Tess sacrificing herself.

Episode 3: Fiding Bill for help (the show will explore his relationship with Frank). First Bloater to show up.

Episode 4: Ellie and Joel being ambushed by bandits. Ellie saving Joel and learning how to shoot.

Episode 5: The tragic story of Henry and Sam.

Episode 6: Meeting Tommy, and Ellie running away.

Episode 7: Joel and Ellie going to the university to find out the fireflies moved. Joel being attacked severely hurt.

Episode 8: Ellie surviving by herself and taking care of Joel. Ellie meeting David.

Episode 9: Ellie being capture by the cannibals. Joel recovering and saving her.

Episode 10: The conclusion with them find the fireflies, confronting Marlene and saving Ellie.

That's a pretty good guess it wasn't too long ago I had finished the game for the first time and even I had forgotten some of this stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"