The Marvels: News and General Discussion thread

This movies propects look greatly improved with Dune Part 2 moving out of November, as it will now almost certainly get Imax. They might even move it up a week so it gets two weeks of premium screens, though I can see them leaving it on Veterans Day weekend, as two of the titular characters have military backgrounds.

This movies propects look greatly improved with Dune Part 2 moving out of November, as it will now almost certainly get Imax. They might even move it up a week so it gets two weeks of premium screens, though I can see them leaving it on Veterans Day weekend, as two of the titular characters have military backgrounds.

Yeah, but does anyone in the general audience even know or remember that? Hell, I didn't even remember that until you mentioned it! Only reason Carol's background came to mind is the...stupid inspiration for the 'Avengers' name. It's not really as key to their characters as, say, Cap or Peggy's involvement and service during World War II.

Yeah, but does anyone in the general audience even know or remember that? Hell, I didn't even remember that until you mentioned it! Only reason Carol's background came to mind is the...stupid inspiration for the 'Avengers' name. It's not really as key to their characters as, say, Cap or Peggy's involvement and service during World War II.
It was just something I mentioned as a possible reason to stick to it's current date instead of bumping it up a week in order to get more Imax/Plf play now that Dune 2 has moved to March.
You may recall that last year I was very critical of leaving Black Panther: Wakanda Forever on Veterans Day weekend when the previous weekend, which normally marks the start of the holiday movie season, was empty. It would be inexplicable for Hollywood to make a hash of this weekend two years running, so I'd expect one of The Marvels, Hunger Games, or even Trolls to move to November 3rd.

Last edited:
I'd be surprised if this doesn't move outta November if Dune 2 already did as well. But we'll see.

Hope it's good. This, along with Loki 2, have a lot of pressure on it. MCU had Guardians 3 which was a hit and well received but it feels like a lot of MCU stuff hasn't really hit lately. Especially compared to stuff like Spiderverse

I'd be surprised if this doesn't move outta November if Dune 2 already did as well. But we'll see.

Hope it's good. This, along with Loki 2, have a lot of pressure on it. MCU had Guardians 3 which was a hit and well received but it feels like a lot of MCU stuff hasn't really hit lately. Especially compared to stuff like Spiderverse

I also noticed how Kevin Feige hasn't been as active as he used to be. He was always passionately promoting the projects that were coming out. I don't blame him though.

I also noticed how Kevin Feige hasn't been as active as he used to be. He was always passionately promoting the projects that were coming out. I don't blame him though.

Can he promote things because of the strike, though, or is it just the actors that can't?

Straight up he's probably too busy juggling both the shows and the movies. With so much content out there he can't really dedicate his time to promoting all of them

anigif_sub-buzz-25972-1479741401-2.gif

On the other hand, I don't want a 90 minute movie stretched out to 2 hours for "reasons". There is nothing wrong with a 90 minute movie. There are some great 70 minute movies.
Amen. I feel like the fixation with run times is a relatively recent phenomenon, which I think only arose in the first place because we started getting so many bloated blockbusters, many of which, frankly, didn't use their run times well. Nobody side-eyed short movies when I was growing up.

So it's not getting delayed (probably). Interesting.

Movie tickets are just generally more eXpensive now, so I definitely prefer to see a movie longer than 1hr/33 mins especially if its a Marvel movie.

1hr/50 min to 2hr is good enough for me. Beyond 2 hours, I am little effy about it, depends on the film if I want to sit that long. Sometimes I get sleeply, sometimes I get bored and I check the clock of my phone, to guess if the movie is ending soon.

I'm curious if Marvel Studios will really keep that November date. I guess there won't be a MCU movie in May 2024.

Now that I think about it, the only movies I've seen on theaters lately are the ones I didn't want to be spoiled. Not only movie tickets are very expensive where I live (Argentina, 120%+ yearly inflation), but also I always go by myself so at the end of the day I'm fine watching it at home a bit later.

My own Marvel magic is sadly gone. We'll see how Deadpool 3 looks, but there's nothing on the horizon besides that is making me go to the theater. Even Dead Reckoning Part One was a bit of a letdown so my cinema experiences are at an all-time low.

Last edited:
Oh, got another movie to add to the amazing at 90 minutes, Bottoms is a top movie of the year.

Who is that stranger Flerkin and what have they done with Goose?! :argh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"