The Marvels: News and General Discussion thread

There is a lot to be said at how good the simple, black design of the background of the final act is, when compared to the variety of vomit of neon color you get in a lot of Marvel movies. At least this year.

Despite high stakes in almost any MCU tentpole, DaCosta keeps The Marvels light and fun. “It doesn’t have to be intense and heavy,” Larson says. “There’s a lot of humor. I think this movie’s very funny, and we laughed a lot while making it.”'

I'm having Love and Thunder vibes.

I really, really, really hope not.

Last edited:
Looks fun! Much better trailer than the last one.

I'm honestly surprised it wasn't released after the Secret Invasion finale.

That trailer is a lot of fun and i like the idea of them switching places and stuff.
Looks like a really fun movie.

[QUOTE="Kev4000, post: 39112527, member: 160553"]"You took everything from me". If I could get 2 cents for that phrase in movies..

I am sceptical the audience will show up for this to be honest, it looks kind of bland and the exchange-gimmick gets exhausted very fast.[/QUOTE]

I really need someone, anyone in the film in response to just say-

thanos-i-dont-know.gif

They wanted to get it in front of Barbie and Oppenheimer showings since they are going to have huge weekends

This is another wait for me. It doesn’t look horrible but just another predictable story.

Boring villain looking for a macguffin to get revenge. Our heroes are in the dark for most of the movie until someone gives an exposition scene. Then they need to go find another macguffin that can defeat the villain’s macguffin. Final confrontation with some cool shots and maybe a side character dies to give it some “stakes”. Post credit scene teasing something we won’t follow up on for at least 5 years.

Looks alright. I really disliked the first movie, but this at least seems to be a little more focused. And Nia DaCosta had some beautiful visuals with Candyman that I hope she brings here.

More about trailer cutting in general that I hope they stop ; Title reveal, then end on a joke with two unrelated scenes strung together - usually somebody laughing or reacting to a joke or setup that is obviously not from the same scene.

This trailer actually brings three separate scenes together to let the audience what they set up was funny!

I loved the new trailer! I was happy with the first trailer and this one was definitely better and gave me pretty much everything I was looking for.

I’m all for light and fun with these three ladies at the helm. I have faith in DaCosta, I know she’s going to bring us a well crafted story.
Some films are more suited to leaning heavier into the comedy and it comes more naturally. Definitely the case with this one.

20230722_142053.jpg

I wish Carol's new costume looked as colorful in the movie as it does here.
Especially when the other 2 are bright and vibrant.

It looks fine but could do with being plugged into the mains lol, maybe lighting up when she's using her powers or something. :D

The team looks good together though.

The first is an under rated gem for me. Enjoyed the new trailer was just a bit confused at all 3 heroes fighting the villain a team once. Carol handled Thanos on her own and would have won if not for some quick thinking and having the power stone to hand for Thanos. I hope there’s a good reason Carol can’t take the villain on her own.

I liked the new trailer. It made me a little more excited for the film, as I have been a bit wary since I didn't love Ms. Marvel.

I'm going to have to look up leaks for this one.

Ya know it only just occurred to me that we haven't seen any hint of Kamala's mask in this movie

It was a semi-important beat from the show, kind of bull**** that they're ditching it already

Also, how f***ing boring that once again we have a female character in a head to toe body suit, and once again they ditch a character's iconic mask

I love Andy Park's art team, but they really gotta mix it up a bit on these designs

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"