The music of the panther

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
Who should compose the music for black panther?

I really hope they get someone a little different from the normal. Someone with an amazing sense of african rhythm.

When I think of black panther I hear the music from the train scene in divergent. It's so powerful and inspiring and actiony

[YT]ag2juFF4Y0Y[/YT]

Drums, drums, and more drums.

I'd like a good mix of traditional, tribal African music and little Daft Punk.

Sorry but I still love this:
[YT]jogj0_8rw48[/YT]

Sorry but I still love this:
[YT]jogj0_8rw48[/YT]

That was my thought.

Certainly, they should look to influences from the African subcontinent when composing.

I think lots of these songs have similar ideas. Certainly heavy on the percussion. Maybe a little bit of chanting (but also instrumental when appropriate).

OMG this exists !?!?!?

Never heard of this show.

Enjoy a better quality version of the full theme song's music video then. What ever you want to say about Hudlin... This is a nice piece of music and tribute to the Panther. As Nick Fury said in Jurassic Park, "Hold on to your butts..."

[YT]uZU7Y1Hdww0[/YT]

They could just steal this song. It would fit so well.
[YT]V_hS_DKab8I[/YT]

The soundtrack for this movie has no excuse to not be awesome. I seriously hope they incorporate some African drums and stuff into the score. There's no reason to not get really creative with this one.

no hans zimmer. No danny elfman. They get too much work in this arena.

^
So does Brian Tyler, who seems to be Marvel's new golden boy (as far as composers are concerned) at the moment. And Elfman hasn't scored a superhero/cbm since Hellboy II, which was 6 years ago. Plus depending on the director I don't think he'd be interested in scoring any movie from this genre again. And with the exception of TAS-M2 Zimmer seems to be WB/DC's golden boy, when it comes to the score. So I doubt Marvel/Disney would hire him even if they wanted to.

no hans zimmer. No danny elfman. They get too much work in this arena.

Normally I'd agree but in this singular instance his work on The Thin Red Line I have always felt is a good ballpark of where a BP score could go, especially these parts:

[YT]4gkbiULn06Q[/YT]

Whatever it ends up being it should not feel western or European, IMO.

Whatever it ends up being it should not feel western or European, IMO.

Amen to that. This score shouldn't be the usual sounds. I want something that's going to express what a different world Wakanda is rather than give us the generic horns and violin sounds in a lot of superhero movies.

They should get someone like Nujabes on this.

Did somebody say drums?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"