• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Dark Knight The Non-Spoiler Critic Review Thread

ENI reviews TDK:

I haven't read it because there might be spoilers:

Reviewed by Jay on Thu July 10, 2008
I truly believe this may be the best movie of the summer. When you hear people toss around the Oscar word for Heath Ledger’s performance as the Joker, they are not exaggerating. This movie, though it has a very dark tone, delivers on multiple fronts. It tells a story that is very well thought-out and touches on many of the real-life issues we deal with in the world today. The action will leave you on the edge of your seat throughout the movie, and it just wouldn’t be a Batman movie without all those wonderful toys. Batman even gets to move his head thanks to a new updated suit in this one, a first in Batman movie history.

And let’s not forget Aaron Eckhart’s performance as Harvey Dent. With the buzz around Heath Ledger’s performance as the Joker, I’m afraid Eckhart’s role has gone largely unsung. In fact, his part is really the one that makes this movie a Grand Slam. We see his character start out as a beacon of hope for Gotham City and watch him travel down the road of destruction.

The one downside of this movie is that the villains truly steal the show in this one, and Batman almost seems an afterthought at times. Not that it makes this a bad movie in any way, but if you were coming to see it just for Batman you might find yourself a little letdown (not a lot, mind you, but just a little).

For those who think about the future, another downside may be that Director Chris Nolan has set the bar so high with the villains on this one that it is hard to imagine how he would be able to top them if he were to make a third Batman movie, which seems like a no-brainer to me.

No spoilers in here!

sure thing! Like I said ive read so many damn spoilers by accident I almost know the whole film, and YES I am somewhat dissapointed (in myself that is) :(

It's funny that one of the negatives being cited now is that the movie may have set the bar too high which will pose a problem for the sequel.

Seems like a good problem to have. :up:

It's funny that one of the negatives being cited now is that the movie may have set the bar too high which will pose a problem for the sequel.

Seems like a good problem to have. :up:

Maybe a good problem for them, but a bad problem for every other upcoming comic book film, specifically anything Marvel!

sure thing! Like I said ive read so many damn spoilers by accident I almost know the whole film, and YES I am somewhat dissapointed (in myself that is) :(

I've read a couple - some perhaps more speculation than confirmed though - which I'm a bit disappointed about. But for the most part, I don't think the movie is quite spoiled for me yet. But hopefully the revival of the non-spoiler boards into an active place for discussion will stop more people from being unwillingly spoiled.

I've read a couple - some perhaps more speculation than confirmed though - which I'm a bit disappointed about. But for the most part, I don't think the movie is quite spoiled for me yet. But hopefully the revival of the non-spoiler boards into an active place for discussion will stop more people from being unwillingly spoiled.

The Non-Spoilers section RULES!! haha

He gets a little sidetracked at points and starts rambling. However it's good to have your expectations brought down to earth a bit.

ehh that mcnblogs review was just OK!

Still positive, just not as glowing...

it's really hard for me to imagine this film getting negative reviews. I guess there has to be a couple when it's all said and done...just makes me wonder who the *****ebag will be that wants to be different and try to make a name for themselves?

No offense, but have you seen the movie yet Jokers_Wild? I mean, how do you know it's the masterpiece we all hope it is?

well i can definitly see this movie not pleasing everyone. More conservative moviegoers will probably not care for it and say its too long or too dark for a comic movie.

No offense, but have you seen the movie yet Jokers_Wild? I mean, how do you know it's the masterpiece we all hope it is?

Well, I'm just judging from the reviews thus far...the problems I've heard with the film have been very minor. I never said it was a "masterpiece". :whatever:

well i can definitly see this movie not pleasing everyone. More conservative moviegoers will probably not care for it and say its too long or too dark for a comic movie.
I agree.

Sorry, I guess I'm trying to hold back my excitement a bit. I'm very critical of movies, partly because I'm a young filmmaker myself. I always walk into Nolan films thinking, "Okay, this is the one that will suck" and am always blown away. Maybe that's what I'm trying to do here.

AVOID ROTTEN TOMATOES MESSAGE BOARD FOR TDK!

Someone's posting the ending in topic heading-form, I'm a little annoyed.

AVOID ROTTEN TOMATOES MESSAGE BOARD FOR TDK!

Someone's posting the ending in topic heading-form, I'm a little annoyed.

God...my must people be such pricks!?

I'm getting more and more paranoid that I'm going to be seriously spoiled. People are just mean, they don't care who they ruin things for!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"