Playstation The Official Playstation 5 Thread

I thought about this before, when Sony sold their streaming rights to NetfliX, that Sony Pictures should put their films/shows in PS+ given that Ps+ has a big amount of active subscribers (more than 100 million). But what they are doing in Poland might be a little different.

People should be able to stream Sony TV shows/movies in Ps+ without paying eXtra. That would attract more people to the service .

I thought about this before, when Sony sold their streaming rights to NetfliX, that Sony Pictures should put their films/shows in PS+ given that Ps+ has a big amount of active subscribers (more than 100 million). But what they are doing in Poland might be a little different.

People should be able to stream Sony TV shows/movies in Ps+ without paying eXtra. That would attract more people to the service .
Yeah, strange that this has come up just after they sign away rights for a bunch of stuff to Netflix and Disney. It's a very nice bonus for gamers if the cost stays the same, but not sure the games will attract many of the Netflix crowd who don't already play games though.

Yeah, strange that this has come up just after they sign away rights for a bunch of stuff to Netflix and Disney. It's a very nice bonus for gamers if the cost stays the same, but not sure the games will attract many of the Netflix crowd who don't already play games though.
I think adding extra cost to ps+ for the movies/shows would just shy away potential new customers especially they need a ps5 to access the service. And I don't see most gamers upgrading their ps+ just to watch movies/shows from Sony, especially if they already have netfliX.

So this offer should be given with no additional cost to ps+'s monthly fee which I think is $10. Or else this would not last long similar to the previous PS vod service/s.

Cant wait for ratchet its my second favorite franchise behind only Zelda replaying going commando right now on the ps3 HD collection my second favorite in the franchise behind only crack in time. I have seen enough but a state of play is cool maybe they will show the photo mode on Thursday.

7.8M ps5
115.9M ps4

Shipments

PS5 Sales Have Crossed 7.8 Million Units as of March 31st

Edit:
In comparison, PS5 broke PS4's 7.6 million record, first 4 to 5 months sales I guess according to this

PS5 Console Supply 'Not Likely' to Drastically Increase This Year

PS4 didn't come close to outselling the PS2. And with 0.2 million difference, I don't think PS5 will outsell Ps2. Unless thePS5 has extra 3 years before PS6 is launched. I just don't see how its going to beat the all time console sales of PS2 of 150 million plus, especially if (as eXpected) Sony still can't meet the demand in 2021. Last year, I was thinking maybe in the summer they might catch up to the demand, but summer is almost here yet plenty of articles say otherwise that supply won't still increase rapidly because supply issues of the semi conductor. Even though consoles usually peak (according to videos I saw) during its 3rd or 4th year, I really think the PS5 being so hard to buy during its 1st year and possibly 2nd year, is going to hurt its all time sales in the long run. They are potentially losing sales because of this "unlimited stock". I already saw

I also think this launch is possibly more front loaded than ps4 - people being stuck in home because of the pandemic, was a major driving force for people to rush in the internet and buy this thing as videogames sales was all around up in 2020. But people ain't going to be stuck at home till 2027. When you compare that to 7.6 million of PS4, a console without backwards compatibility and launched in a time when there was no covid pandemic. A 0.2 million difference isn't really that impressive. I'd be shocked if the Ps5 eventually outsells the Ps2.

That being said, the over all sales of PS4 games outsold the all time sales of Ps2 games, despite with fewer ps4 consoles sold, with over 1.5 billion PS4 games sold. So maybe PS5 games could outsell PS2 games in the long run?

I really hope Sony can meet up with the demand because everytime I see a PS5 unboxing or just someone with a ps5, its really all over my feed, it really triggers me even though I already said im not in a hurry anymore to buy this.

Last edited:
I think ps5 will out sale ps4. Yes ps5 compared to ps4 is only .2 million ahead and yes what you said is true about like demand being up because of covid and such but covid has also slowed down the rate they can make the consoles or it would be a lot higher than just the .2 million difference. Also I dont know if ps4 will catch ps2 in sales but just because ps5 is out dosnt mean that ps4 will not sale any more. Ps2 sold some more even after ps1 and same with ps3 after 2 and 4 after 3. So ps4 should get to at least 130 million. One thing I think did hurt ps4 sales was the pro not having a 4k player in it. I never got a pro but if it would have had a 4k player in it I would have and I am sure some other people fell the same.

I think ps5 will out sale ps4. Yes ps5 compared to ps4 is only .2 million ahead and yes what you said is true about like demand being up because of covid and such but covid has also slowed down the rate they can make the consoles or it would be a lot higher than just the .2 million difference. Also I dont know if ps4 will catch ps2 in sales but just because ps5 is out dosnt mean that ps4 will not sale any more. Ps2 sold some more even after ps1 and same with ps3 after 2 and 4 after 3. So ps4 should get to at least 130 million. One thing I think did hurt ps4 sales was the pro not having a 4k player in it. I never got a pro but if it would have had a 4k player in it I would have and I am sure some other people fell the same.
PS5 could outsell PS4, I feel like it should, given the record breaking sales. However I wasn't referring to PS5' outselling PS4's all time sales. I was clearly referring if it would outsell PS2.

I think the PS5 being such an obstacle to get, might possibly be helping the Series X to get an increase in sales, as I know people who wanted a PS5 ended up getting the Series X because they couldn't get the PS5 right away. How many people are really going to buy two new gen consoles? Most people would settle to just one. While Switch is on its way to possibly outsell PS4 and if the rumoured new Switch comes out this year or neXt year, it would probably be a big seller as well. I feel like the PS5 have more competition now with the Series X and the Switch. Whereas PS4's competitors were the X1 and the WiiU. While PS2's competition (Xbox, Dreamcast, Gamecube) didn't even clear 30 million if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited:
PS5 could outsell PS4, I feel like it should, given the record breaking sales. However I wasn't referring to PS5' outselling PS4's all time sales. I was clearly referring if it would outsell PS2.

I think the PS5 being such an obstacle to get, might possibly be helping the Series X to get an increase in sales, as I know people who wanted a PS5 ended up getting the Series X because they couldn't get the PS5 right away. How many people are really going to buy two new gen consoles? Most people would settle to just one. While Switch is on its way to possibly outsell PS4 and if the rumoured new Switch comes out this year or neXt year, it would probably be a big seller as well. I feel like the PS5 have more competition now with the Series X and the Switch. Whereas PS4's competitors were the X1 and the WiiU. While PS2's competition (Xbox, Dreamcast, Gamecube) didn't even clear 30 million if I'm not mistaken.

It's true that switch sales are great and it is outpacing the ps4 and with still having games like botw2, splatoon 3, metroid prime 4, bayoneta 3 its sales will likely not start to fall of threw at least 2022/23. But I think when it comes to ps5 and XSX it will be even more one sided than ps4 and xbox one where. Ps4 has out sold XSX around 2-1. I think ps5 will out sale XSX like 3-1 maybe even 4-1. A lot of people that liked xbox are sick of xbox after last gen and having like no games and microsoft said that XSX will not have any exclusive the first 2 years it will be all cross gen. Now ps5 on the other hand will at minimum will have astro bots, demon souls, GT7, Gow ragnork, returnal, ratchet and clank rift apart, all in the first 2 years and I may be forgetting a few.

It's true that switch sales are great and it is outpacing the ps4 and with still having games like botw2, splatoon 3, metroid prime 4, bayoneta 3 its sales will likely not start to fall of threw at least 2022/23. But I think when it comes to ps5 and XSX it will be even more one sided than ps4 and xbox one where. Ps4 has out sold XSX around 2-1. I think ps5 will out sale XSX like 3-1 maybe even 4-1. A lot of people that liked xbox are sick of xbox after last gen and having like no games and microsoft said that XSX will not have any exclusive the first 2 years it will be all cross gen. Now ps5 on the other hand will at minimum will have astro bots, demon souls, GT7, Gow ragnork, returnal, ratchet and clank rift apart, all in the first 2 years and I may be forgetting a few.
I honestly don't see a Xbox console ever outselling any PS console. This won't change this generation. Xbox 360 is the closest with a few millions away from PS3.

However this article:
PS5 vs Xbox Series X Sales: Who Is Winning the 2021 Console War So Far? | Den of Geek

Stated that Series X might have sold more than 5 million copies by now... I don't know if I believe that. But still given everything against Series X (no eXclusives, lack in console eXclusives, less hype, Series X is more eXpensive internationally like in my country), this console just won't go away because they have a loyal amount of customers. And they are using Game Pass and the installment plan for Series X to persuade peoppe to buy Series X. Based on reports, Series X is actually doing much better than X1's 1st year. Though the sales might be frontloaded similar to the Ps5.

That ratchet and clank state of play sure was something. The planets look a lot bigger and look like there is a lot more going on than before and some of the new weapons look great and some of the features in the game just looks so so good.

I honestly don't see a Xbox console ever outselling any PS console. This won't change this generation. Xbox 360 is the closest with a few millions away from PS3.

However this article:
PS5 vs Xbox Series X Sales: Who Is Winning the 2021 Console War So Far? | Den of Geek

Stated that Series X might have sold more than 5 million copies by now... I don't know if I believe that. But still given everything against Series X (no eXclusives, lack in console eXclusives, less hype, Series X is more eXpensive internationally like in my country), this console just won't go away because they have a loyal amount of customers. And they are using Game Pass and the installment plan for Series X to persuade peoppe to buy Series X. Based on reports, Series X is actually doing much better than X1's 1st year. Though the sales might be frontloaded similar to the Ps5.

Yeah I dont see xbox even being close to Sony. Ps3 came out a year after xbox 360 and was 100 more and had a lot of issues with Multiplatform games the first like 2 years or so because of the cell chip and yet ps3 still slightly out sold xbox 360. I see no reason to get a xbox sx has ever thing on xbox worth playing you can play on other consoles. Cuphead and the 2 ori games where like the best games the one had and now those you can play on the switch and outside of halo, gears and Forza I cant remember the last time a xbox exclusive got good reviews. Xbox is more powerful than ps5 yet it some how runs a lot of games worse than ps5. So really xbox has zero going for it. Spiderman 2, Horizon forbidden west, GOW ragnaork etc will all move systems.

Yeah I dont see xbox even being close to Sony. Ps3 came out a year after xbox 360 and was 100 more and had a lot of issues with Multiplatform games the first like 2 years or so because of the cell chip and yet ps3 still slightly out sold xbox 360. I see no reason to get a xbox sx has ever thing on xbox worth playing you can play on other consoles. Cuphead and the 2 ori games where like the best games the one had and now those you can play on the switch and outside of halo, gears and Forza I cant remember the last time a xbox exclusive got good reviews. Xbox is more powerful than ps5 yet it some how runs a lot of games worse than ps5. So really xbox has zero going for it. Spiderman 2, Horizon forbidden west, GOW ragnaork etc will all move systems.
Its really going to be interesting what are the over sales 4 to 5 years from now.

I feel like every generation had consoles that flopped or weren't just lighting up the sales. I am curious to see if there will be consoles that will be the "WiiU, PsVita, Dreamcast or even the XboX One" of this gen. And I do think Stadia/Luna might have taken that spot even though they aren't really consoles.

Its really going to be interesting what are the over sales 4 to 5 years from now.

I feel like every generation had consoles that flopped or weren't just lighting up the sales. I am curious to see if there will be consoles that will be the "WiiU, PsVita, Dreamcast or even the XboX One" of this gen. And I do think Stadia/Luna might have taken that spot even though they aren't really consoles.

Xbox one has sold like 55 million so not close to the level of Wii U where it only sold like 14 million or something but I expect that XSX will do even less than the xbox one I think it will only do like 30 million.

Xbox one has sold like 55 million so not close to the level of Wii U where it only sold like 14 million or something but I expect that XSX will do even less than the xbox one I think it will only do like 30 million.
From Wikipedia its 50 million, idk how accurate that is. Last month, i remember it was in the late 40s. But still a noticeable drop from 360's 80+ million.

Though I will say the one thing against Series X is the lack of strong launch titles. Assassin's Creed Valhalla is playable in Ps5. I just don't know any new game other than Medium that is only playable through Series X and PC right now. Ps5 seems to be pumping out new console eXclusive every other month.

Also, I didn't know China is only getting the ps5 in May

PlayStation 5 Launches in China on May 15, Pre-Orders Sell Out Quickly

Ps5 should get a massive sales boost from that.

From Wikipedia its 50 million, idk how accurate that is. Last month, i remember it was in the late 40s. But still a noticeable drop from 360's 80+ million.

Though I will say the one thing against Series X is the lack of strong launch titles. Assassin's Creed Valhalla is playable in Ps5. I just don't know any new game other than Medium that is only playable through Series X and PC right now. Ps5 seems to be pumping out new console eXclusive every other month.

Also, I didn't know China is only getting the ps5 in May

PlayStation 5 Launches in China on May 15, Pre-Orders Sell Out Quickly

Ps5 should get a massive sales boost from that.

Yeah I heard about the china ps5 thing china is odd when it comes to getting consoles. I dont know like how many ps4 and other consoles and such where cold there. Its hard to say because it may be like a year before chip shortages are gone because of covid. I also think the naming with xbox is confusing and worse than Wii U and will hurt there sales to.

Series X selling 30 million would be similar to Xbox One's sales drop from 360.

Ultimately companies want to see a sales boost not a downward trend. Series X selling less than X1 would not be a good look. Whereas Nintendo and Sony managed to recover from the sales drop (Wii U/Ps3+Vita respectively) in the last gen.

Edit: according to this
Xbox One unit sales 2020 | Statista.

X1 sold 48.9 by November 2020. I seriously doubt it sold more than 1 million in the following months.

Last edited:
That ratchet and clank state of play sure was something. The planets look a lot bigger and look like there is a lot more going on than before and some of the new weapons look great and some of the features in the game just looks so so good.
I was so blown away by the latest trailer alone that I vowed not to watch any gameplay clips, I've had a bad habit of spoiling games for myself. Anyway I'm happy to hear that the planets look bigger and the weapons aren't just copy pasted from Future games. My only gripe is the lack of space travel as I felt that it was a cool feature and could've been improved further with the new hardware

It’s a shame how magazines had to end in the era of the internet. I used to love gaming magazines including this one particularly during the SNES and PS1 days.
I didn't even realize there is still one until like last week when I was saw it on Wikipedia. Then this news came today.

Its really about all about the internet now when it comes to videogame information. And personally, I haven't bought a magazine for several years now as they will just take space from my room and I just begun decluttering these last few weeks. And i don't know if I should just toss them or not.

In this day and age not just for video games but news in general magazine dont really matter. I keep saying I have like no idea how news papers are even still a thing any more I guess because older people still read them.

In this day and age not just for video games but news in general magazine dont really matter. I keep saying I have like no idea how news papers are even still a thing any more I guess because older people still read them.
Newspapers like books I think will be around forever. Newspapers cover lots of topics and probably cheaper to produce unlike magazines with glossy/matte paper.

That's a shame. The Official US Playstation Magazine was my favorite during the PS2 era. Even though the internet was very much a thing in the early 2000s, that magazine was the best place for in-depth information about games like GTA. I think I still have the specials for Vice City and San Andreas somewhere.

Newspapers like books I think will be around forever. Newspapers cover lots of topics and probably cheaper to produce unlike magazines with glossy/matte paper.
Newspapers will always be around if only to line floors and carpeting for house training puppies. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"