Far From Home The Official Spider-Man: Far From Home User Review Thread

What an awesome movie. This movie was all-around fun, no dull parts at all. Tom is Spider-Man no contest. Good performances from all the cast. I really loved the students in this. I liked them in Homecoming, but I grew to love them here. The action was greatly improved from Homecoming. The illusions were well done and Mysterio was great. Great performance from Jake, he was having fun with this part. I'll say mysterio is about equal with Vulture. MCU Spider-Man has had really awesome villains.

As great as the action and the Spider-Man stuffs were, I loved the high school part as well, if not equally. The romance between Peter and MJ was innocent, adorable and heartwarming. Great chemistry between Tom and Zendeya. These two might get to dethrone Tony/Pepper as the best couple in the MCU if the writers play this right. I hope to see more of this relationship in the future.

I really had fun watching this. Very entertaining movie. I think this is going to be very rewatchable, expecting this to have a great wom.

I'll rate this 9.5. I loved and enjoyed this better than end game. And this finally beat the first Spider-Man as the best Spider-Man movie for me. It's now,

Far from home
Spider-Man
Spider-Man 2
Homecoming
Spider-Man 3.
I never watched the Amazing Spider-man movies.

With how this ended, I'm really looking forward to the next movie.

Btw NIck Fury in this was a bit over-the-top with the attitude. He and Hill honestly could've been removed and it wouldn't have hurt the movie.

6.5/10
I was thinking the same till I saw the post credit scene and it made perfect sense.
I think they are setting up secret wars or the Skrulls are going to be very important in the MCU going forward.

Saw Far From Home yesterday, and I enjoyed it. The film is fun, Mysterio was great, and Holland was good as well. I also really enjoyed the action scenes. However, The film has doubled down on all the issues I've had with the MCU Spider-Man. Holland is damn good, but they've made him Iron-Boy and everything being tied back to Tony Stark is so annoying and distracting, I can't take it anymore. Like seriously, is he Spider-Man or Iron-Boy? which one is it? I get it, they want it to be different, but this is not the Spider-Man i grew up reading. Then you have his Aunt being all happy he's Spider-Man, completely glossing over the fact that she found out who he was in the last film (which shouldnt have happened), no mention of Uncle ben, and all the supporting characters I dont really care for. Mysterio was fantastic, and I thought the
scenes where he's messing with peters brain was so damn well done. really loved that! but then you have Beck being tied back to Stark AGAIN, ugh!

The film on its own is good, fun, and very enjoyable. But as a Spider-Man fan, I can't help but to be bothered with these things. Homecoming I felt was a better film, and I was hoping with this one they'd let Spider-Man go on his own and not be so tied down to Iron Man. Well, the exact opposite happened, and he's even more tied to Tony now. This is all for the sake of change and it isnt worth it to me, honestly. I fail to see how this version of the character is the definitive version of the writing is deviating so much from who the character is.

7/10

Not sure where I'd rank Far From Home, but it's definitely below Sam Raimis first 2 films and above TASM films. Spider-Man 2 (2004) still remains the best Spidey film ever.

I don't really have a problem with him being tied to Stark anymore. I'm just glad they
got rid of Karen and we don't see him in the Iron Spider suit much. It was cool while it lasted (the suit, not Karen) but I will always prefer his traditional costume hands down.

That scene on the plane
where Parker is designing his final suit was great. Showed his intelligence working the machine with no trouble at all and we may not see him sewing a suit but at least it was a direct look at creating one to his standards. Including adding the shock aspect to it that he uses to mess up the gigantic hologram.

This might be my favorite Spider-man film to date. Mysterio is already my favorite Spider-man villain, of all the films, and I don't say that lightly. Kudos to the film makers for coming up with an original story line for Mysterio that perfectly ties into the comic version of him.

I can't give much of a review without giving things away. Let me just say this is the perfect Spider-man film, of him dealing with personal issues that conflict with his responsibility of being Spider-man.

For the nay sayers about the Tony Stark stuff, that had to be addressed. Tony and Peter's relationship was well established in the film, and the impact the events of Endgame would have on him would carry past that film.

Loved this film! Absolutely loved it! This was the perfect Spider-man films and very complimentary to the comics, while still giving us something new and fresh.

9/10

The only issue I really had with the movie was the fact that we didn't get a scence with Aunt may about Peter being spiderman that was emotion after her finding out at the end of hc. I think just adding a like flash back scence at the begging of the movie with her and Peter talking about him being spiderman and like why he does it and about uncle ben and such would have been really good.

This one just fell a little too flat for me. Don't know if I'll watch it again.

I thought Jake was underused. The comedy was great (as expected with any MCU film). Film felt a little dull up until the final act. I really liked that MJ is coming out of her shell though, and I thought her chemistry with Tom was adorable.

I think after half of humanity got snapped out of existence and you get snapped back 5 years later. Your nephew being spider-man might be pretty normalized in your brain lol

lol sure its just like I said would have been nice to see something right after she found out in like a flash back instead of having nothing and her just being fine with it. After hc I was looking forward to seeing her like deal with it and instead they just skip over it and have her ok with it right away.

This is officially my favorite Spider-Man film to date. A lot of this will have to be in spoilers, even some of the smaller details since I don't want to ruin it for people who have stayed in the dark as much as possible.

Tom Holland hits out of the park once again and just like in Homecoming they give him a few really great emotional scenes to work with. As much as I loved Homecoming it was missing that big and grand feel from the previous films and the comics. It was great to see director Jon Watts bring that back in Far From Home. Made it feel a tad more like a true Spidey movie. Jake Gyllenhaal was great as Beck/Mysterio and I hope to see him return down the road if they ever go for a Sinister Six type of film.

Most of the humor landed for me with only a couple of jokes or gags that fell flat. A lot of the supporting cast were better used in FFH than in Homecoming which was nice and it was great seeing Parker and Michelle (MJ) grow with each other a lot more.

Now for spoilers.

They did Mysterio 100% justice for his first live action appearance in my eyes.
Pulling his motivation from his first appearance in Amazing Spider-Man #13 but with an added MCU connection. Took me by surprise but it was a great way to incorporate and explain how he does his illusions in this world. I had a huge grin on my face during the third and final act. When Mysterio is messing with Spider-Man's mind in a nightmarish sequence a lot of that was straight from the comics. It was what I had in my head as far as hopes of bringing that aspect to a live action film. Did not disappoint! One of the most creative and cool villain scenes in a comic book movie, not just the MCU films.

I was happy they ditched Karen from Homecoming. Didn't care for that much and it was definitely a step in the right direction for Peter to be less dependent on others in the MCU.

One thing that threw me off was the J.J.J appearance in the mid-credit scene. Is that a one-off or if they bring in the character in future films will J.K. Simmons still be in the role despite this not being Raimi's Spider-Man world? There is another scene after all the credits, it was a funny one but long enough to where I felt it was worth it. Some past after credit scenes didn't land for me and I felt were kind of lame. Primarily Thor: The Dark World's scene. The frost monster jumping after a flock of birds.

That final swing at the very end was really cool and it was funny seeing Michelle freak out when she's swinging along with Spidey. I guess she didn't care for it as much as females in the past Sony films. :funny:

All in all this was really great and I can't wait to see where they go with a third film. Hopefully they bring in Kraven. That's another villain that hasn't been used in a live action film.

4.5/5

Do you guys think

Mysterio will live on via his cronies? Or do you think Quentin Beck pulled the wool over Spidey one last time? I really hope he lived.

Do you guys think

Mysterio will live on via his cronies? Or do you think Quentin Beck pulled the wool over Spidey one last time? I really hope he lived.

I really hope
he pulled one last trick on Spider-Man. The fact that he had access/approval for those Stark glasses he could have programmed it or told it as a backup plan to not confirm him as still alive if that makes sense.

Just saw Spidey FFH

Pros:
The increased demands of power and responsibility weighed more on Peter this film.

Humor

Gyllenhaal performance was great in all “aspects” of Mysterio

The first credit sequence -Holy ****!

Michelle was a lot less dopey/weird compared to Homecoming.
This film struck a good balance with her.

Cons

Once again a macguffin is related to Tony Stark and is prominent in the film. I hope the sequel moves away from this.

I would have liked to see more variety in action. Action was good but after playing the PS4 game and seeing John Wick my standards have increased.

Overall: 8/10

Meh.

Honestly that could sum up my whole reaction... Meh. A very by the numbers middle of the road time waster filled to the brim with Marvel's signature inoffensive market driven and for me, consistently sigh inducing formulaic "funny" material which this time out made the majority of the supporting cast borderline grating when they weren't dull.

Everything is boiler plate. The themes, the dialog, the VFX. Nothing is bad but nothing is a particular standout save two sequemces where Spidey is confronted by Mysterio which I will admit were about as good as that kind of fight could be imagined. Kudos on that front. But those are actually two very short moments. Otherwise the action was just run of the mill super hero action.

The drama such as it was ranged from head scratching to just plain boring. I didn't care about anything. Nothing offended but really nothing engaged. Holland himself couldn't save the proceedings. Unfortunately for myself I think THIS time out he was every bit the caricature his detractors make him out to be which is a shame because he has had me wrapped around his finger since the start but here it all either fell flat or was almost as grating to me as his supporting cast was in this. I mean I didn't find any of them to be real characters. They were just there to be these unconvincing card board cutouts.

I can't understand how the same team that made HC one of my favorite Marvel films could make this bland and mediocre mess.

A character like Mysterio doesn't need much motivations, he's just an evil person and a drama queen. Some people are just like that.
I get that, but it's a big reason why I've never been a huge Mysterio fan in the first place

I get that, but it's a big reason why I've never been a huge Mysterio fan in the first place

I’m in the same boat as you. Not really a fan of the character and I would go as far to say that this version of the character was the first that I ever truly enjoyed. That was largely in part to a damn good job from Jake. I think Mysterio is one of the rare villains that actually translates much better to screen then Panel.....

Meh.

Honestly that could sum up my whole reaction... Meh. A very by the numbers middle of the road time waster filled to the brim with Marvel's signature inoffensive market driven and for me, consistently sigh inducing formulaic "funny" material which this time out made the majority of the supporting cast borderline grating when they weren't dull.

Everything is boiler plate. The themes, the dialog, the VFX. Nothing is bad but nothing is a particular standout save two sequemces where Spidey is confronted by Mysterio which I will admit were about as good as that kind of fight could be imagined. Kudos on that front. But those are actually two very short moments. Otherwise the action was just run of the mill super hero action.

The drama such as it was ranged from head scratching to just plain boring. I didn't care about anything. Nothing offended but really nothing engaged. Holland himself couldn't save the proceedings. Unfortunately for myself I think THIS time out he was every bit the caricature his detractors make him out to be which is a shame because he has had me wrapped around his finger since the start but here it all either fell flat or was almost as grating to me as his supporting cast was in this. I mean I didn't find any of them to be real characters. They were just there to be these unconvincing card board cutouts.

I can't understand how the same team that made HC one of my favorite Marvel films could make this bland and mediocre mess.

Wow...That’s pretty much the complete opposite of my feels with this movie. Whereas I thought HC was a solid movie I actually loved this movie much more. Not even remotely close.

My daughter and I just got back from seeing it. She loved it....I liked it a lot. It's another hit for the MCU.

Next time you guys watch the movie

Watch JG face in that scene where peter first meets him with fury when peter starts walking away the glare JG gives him. I actually caught it the first time. Wanna watch again and catch little tells like that.

This film wasn't on my radar due to MCU fatigue but my god this was a lovely surprise. Really enjoyed this one guys. They really threw some curve balls in this film and my emotions were all over the place. Just the right amount of comedy aswell. Didn't have any problems with the 1st act as others have mentioned. Peter/spiderman once again confirming why he's one the most loved comic book characters of all time. Cast was fantastic, Action was fantastic and storyline was fantastic. Shout out to mysterio joining the live action spiderman villian rogues. Jake and the characterisation was a joy to watch. I really can't imagine a better vision for this supposedly b rate cheesy villian. They nailed it just like with vulture , Man i can't get over how good this was . This could be my sleeper hit of the year and honestly this is ranked 3rd behind raimi's spiderman 1 and 2. Jesus christ that post credits scene :wow: 8.5/10 on first viewing.

Mysterio was great but the best Spidey villain is still Venom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"