The Tennis Thread - Part 5

LOL!
66k11v.jpg

Last edited:
Always curios events between slams where top ranked go to different tournaments.

-Djokovic went to Dubai where he shockingly lost in the quarter-finals, to Vesely (ranked-123).
66wx82.gif

Medvedev went to Acapulco, was defeated (again) by Nadal, who then continued to win the tournament against Norrie.
66wvbb.gif

Although the most interesting (for me) was at the Rio Open, upcoming Carlos Alcaraz in First ATP Win.

Last edited:
Haha, dude is crazy. Trying to give Kyrgios a run for his money. :D
Petulant prince Kyrgios not to be undone by Zverev tantrums. :funny:
Just now at Indian Wells, defeated by Nadal, smashing his racquet, (now jagged edged) goes flying directly at Ballboy(girl?), he doesn't even bother to anknowledge, wave an apology, or check on them.
69afca.gif

-
Next up today; Nadal vs Alcaraz Garfia should be interesting, though Alcaraz may already have the stronger serve and unique upper hand. Nadal has the experience. Should be interesting, how he does against the kid he inspired. Somewhat like watching 35 year old Nadal play against his 18 year old up and coming self.:wow:

Last edited:
Unexpected, Taylor Fritz someone to watch.

Miami Open Draw - ATP Masters 1000 Miami | Draws | ATP Tour | Tennis
(although not a slam) still feels a bit off, having this major tournament without any of the so called "big three"; Federer, Djokovic, or Nadal, in the Draw (though Murray is there :cwink:) Medvedev & Zverev at 1 & 2 seed.
So who is the oldest veterans in this draw, without them this really is a next gen playoff.

Last edited:
Unexpected, Taylor Fritz someone to watch.

Miami Open Draw - ATP Masters 1000 Miami | Draws | ATP Tour | Tennis
(although not a slam) still feels a bit off, having this major tournament without any of the so called "big three"; Federer, Djokovic, or Nadal, in the Draw (though Murray is there :cwink:) Medvedev & Zverev at 1 & 2 seed.
So who is the oldest veterans in this draw, without them this really is a next gen playoff.
Is Medvedev going to be barred from tournaments
for being Russian? Thought I heard that somewhere. Unfortunately would play into Djok’s hands if so.

Raducanu drops the first set to a 17 year old in the French Open but comes back to win.

Nadal beats Djokovic 3-1. Massive victory there!

Nadal beats Djokovic 3-1. Massive victory there!
Nice match, can't believe that wasn't a final. have to question the one side loaded draw there.
-

Now into the semi, Nadal - Zverev, Unbelievable fight! 3hrs into the second of 7-6 6-6 sets.
And Zverev takes an incredibly painful looking ankle injury, on a horrific misstep.
Seeing it in slomo now, looks horrific.:wow:
6iib15.gif

What happens when you got two players who chase absolutely everything! Would have thought the older Nadal to go out on injury in this tremendous battle.
Respect to Zverev fought every point, did not let up once.
Also completley unnecessary comes out on crutches to respectfully shake hands with the ump and say bye.
And Nadal left standing into another RG final.
6iiq02.gif

6ij9np.gif

Last edited:
Really cool that Zverev came out afterwards.

I’m willing Nadal to win and also chasing a pipe dream that he will go 2 ahead and then Djok will have a permanent loss of form and miss out on all time slams champs. :D

Congrats Nadal on his 14th French Open win!! Can’t imagine that record getting beaten.

Congrats Nadal on his 14th French Open win!! Can’t imagine that record getting beaten.
37 yo vs a 23 yo, I think Nadal (here as well as Australia) was as surprised as anyone to be there again. Congrats, True it's hard to imagine anyone ever dominating a single court like this again.

Last edited:
37 yo vs a 23 yo, I think Nadal (here as well as Australia) was as surprised as anyone to be there again. Congrats, True it's hard to imagine anyone ever dominating a single court like this again.
Yeah, it’s not just about being a great, it’s about being amazingly consistent over a whole career from youth player to ageing veteran, and overcoming minor/major injuries, bad luck, temporarily poor form etc over all those years.

I was thinking the other day, how come there hasn’t been any major biopic movie about Arthur Ashe? We had one about the Williams dad but not Ashe, the only black man to win a singles title at Wimbledon and US Open? You would think there would be something about him by now in 2022.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"