World The Ultimate Spider-Man Animated Series Discussion Thread - Part 3

It has nothing to do with that. His DUI happened probably well after he finished working on the show.

It's probably more due to the fact that the show's been on for four seasons and over 100 episodes, and they are ready to do the next Spider-Man animated series to coincide with Spider-Man homecoming.

This story has taken a young and experienced Spider-Man and taken him on a journey where he's become a leader and ranking member of SHIELD. The series has really reached its natural ending. They easily could've ended the show with the third season, but it did so well on Netflix it got another season.
I hoped to see more with Iron Fist, Spider-Woman, among others.
Oh well, at least this will make this show easier to watch again.

So much for my hopes of seeing Nova as this show's take on The Human Torch friendship with Spidey.
ULTIMATE Spider-Slayer looks like a 90s comics villain.

Totally wrong take on both Moon Knight and Mysterio.
They mutilated Moon Knight harder.

Finally saw the finishing arc of Ultimate Spider-Man, and I have to say I won't miss the 4th wall breaking, Drake Bell's voice as Spidey, the overuse of the word team (which, I got the feeling we won't escape it just yet), and the annoying repetition and overuse of the word 'ULTIMATE'.
One thing I'll miss for certain for certain is seeing an established grown Spider-Man, closer to being a mature adult.

This 2 episodes finale reminded me of two episodes from Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends, and the greatest thing is that one of them is my favorite, and it has Scorpion.

And just like that USM is finished. Not gonna lie. I'm gonna really miss that show.

Peter has come so far in the past years. Started 3 Teams, Saved He World Countless Times, Matured as a Hero and a Person. I gotta respect all they put into this show and the ending. Very Heart felt. I enjoyed the whole series each season more than the last.
And I look foward to the new series. :)

That was a mediocre end to a mediocre series. I'll remember it for some decent interactions between Spidey and Nick Fury, some truly great character development for Doc Ock, and a couple of creative peaks like the Halloween episodes with Blade.

Series was not one of best Spider-Man cartoons. I won't miss it much.

Show had a good run and a good sendoff. Not as good as the 90s series in terms of story but it far surpassed Spectacular, Unlimited and MTV.

Show had a good run and a good sendoff. Not as good as the 90s series in terms of story but it far surpassed Spectacular, Unlimited and MTV.

Obama-lol.gif

I'm with Obama on this one Loool. Its like saying Batman and Robin is better than the Dark Knight.

Its a bit ironic that Sony has made the best Spiderman show while Marvel are still clueless about what to do with the character.

Its a bit ironic that Sony has made the best Spiderman show while Marvel are still clueless about what to do with the character.

It's also hilarious. Marvel is relying on team-ups more than making an actual Spider-Man show.

Last edited:
And the "it has to be a different take" B.S. won't work this time.

We just had a team-up Spider-Man show featuring both Miles and Gwen.

There's no reason the character couldn't return to his (ACTUAL) roots in this series.

I'm holding judgement until, but my hopes are not high.

And the "it has to be a different take" B.S. won't work this time.

We just had a team-up Spider-Man show featuring both Miles and Gwen.

There's no reason the character couldn't return to his (ACTUAL) roots in this series.

I'm holding judgement until, but my hopes are not high.

Exactly. :up:

They better have a damn good reason for including Miles and Spider-Gwen other than the obvious money-making/team-up fetish ones.

I'm with Obama on this one Loool. Its like saying Batman and Robin is better than the Dark Knight.

Not really. The show was a huge success, and it's the longest-running episodic Spider-Man animated series ever. It gave us a nice look at the Marvel Universe and gave us characters who have never been depicted in animation or live action before.

Not really. The show was a huge success, and it's the longest-running episodic Spider-Man animated series ever. It gave us a nice look at the Marvel Universe and gave us characters who have never been depicted in animation or live action before.

You are without a doubt in the minority if you think USM tops TSSM. Nothing wrong with that, but to most people the TDK vs B&R comparison will resonate.

I wish TSSM last longer than only 2 seasons.

Last edited:
As I've said before, I only know USM from the 3 or so episodes I did watch, in which it felt like the show was going out of its way to offend and annoy me. I don't know how it changed or improved over time, but on the rare occasion I watched a clip here or there to take a peak back in, I never got interested in giving it another chance.

And yeah, I'm in the camp that wishes Marvel/Disney, instead of making another new Spidey cartoon to replace USM, would shell out the cash for the Spectacular Spider-Man copyright from Sony, call up Weisman, and let him do the other 3 seasons he had planned for that show, even if I know that'll never happen. (Besides, Greg's schedule is quite full bringing back Young Justice, so that's a win.)

I think everyone would've wanted a trade between Marvel and Sony that saw Sony trade their film rights to Marvel in exchange for the animation rights.

SSM is still the best Spider-Man adaptation period (with TAS right behind it), be it live action or not and I doubt it'll change, no matter how good Homecoming could be. Weisman was on a whole 'nother level.

You are without a doubt in the minority if you think USM tops TSSM. Nothing wrong with that, but to most people the TDK vs B&R comparison will resonate.
It did have 4 times the runtime, and a more conclusive ending.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"