World The Ultimate Spider-Man Animated Series Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe DC themselves axed the show it was all Cartoon Network, Young Justice had a bad merchandising deal hence the toys didn't do well, unlike Marvel now who have a great deal of toys from Hasbro for all their programs so I am sure they will do very well.

I don't believe DC themselves axed the show it was all Cartoon Network, Young Justice had a bad merchandising deal hence the toys didn't do well, unlike Marvel now who have a great deal of toys from Hasbro for all their programs so I am sure they will do very well.

I was specifically talking about the tie-in comic, not the show.

I finally caught the Sinister six episode a few days back(I know I'm lagging behind)and I would have liked it if they stopped with all the silly little comedic one liners Spidey does during the battle(I mean the little breaking the 4th wall comments). I know that's an old complaint,but during the fights like that I wish the show would just focus on the seriousness of the battle. It reminds me a bit of the ending fight in Spider-man 3. I wanted to see a full fledged battle and instead we got little silly bits with the news reporters and Raimi's kids. Ugh.

^I liked in Kraven's episode when Spider-Man complained about those frame freezings

well, we didn't get a new episode this week of Ultimate Spider-Man :)

Last edited:
Show is on hiatus at the moment. Sinister Six episode was like a quarter season finale.

Last edited:
being a huge Spider-Man fan i decided to watch the Sinister 6 episode last night.

Unfortunately i could not watch past the first 8 minutes of the show.

I hope this show dies soon.

I know it did quite well in the first season, but i am just hoping that the fact EMH ended (which may have helped in the USM ratings) will make the show runners see how hated this piece of garbage is.

I am an easy to please fan, i mean i rarely hate on things, but this show just gets on my nerves. The cutaways kills this show, as well as the mediocre writing.

I am really hoping Man of action steps up their game. I mean Joe Casey wrote one of the best Avengers series ever (Avengers Earth's Mightiest heroes, which is not related to the show)

I don't know, i am really hoping that with the Amazing Spider-Man movies generating some millions, marvel will cancel this piece of crap USM to replace it with a show more in line with the ASM movies. Wasn't this the excuse they used to cancel Avengers EMH? Then do the same for this toilet show.

And +1 for BigDaddy313 for standing to the bully of this forum.

Carnage will be appearing in episode 8 of this season.

Carnage will be appearing in episode 8 of this season.
This is one character I don't mind see them break
Not a fan of Carnage, wish Sentry's stress relief on him lasted longer

we will never see the rest of Season 2 of Ultimate Spider-Man if they keep extending their break to go even longer.

Skipped Hawkeye episode, jumped to the Sinister Six
Opening training battle on S.o.L reminds me of the Frightful Four battle from one of the TSSM issues with a follow up in Fantastic Four
I don't mind Drake's voice, but his delivery is getting on my nerves. I know Mike Vaughn has a voice almost nobody likes (I don't mind that one), at least he made a good job delivering most of his lines, this guy is just irritating
Trading lines with Jameson is good
Team Ock looking at Electro is funny
I like the nod to the election Story from Spectacular Spider-Man Magazine 2 (rewritten in Amazing Spider-Man 116-118) with the shock control and the puppet ending his contract
The rest is the same kind of crap, fractured continuity, Spider-Man can't fight his fights and win alone, lame cutaways
At least this is better than the crappy Lizard episode

^I used find them fun the first time
Now I see they're mediocre, some episodes are decent, others are bad

Just saw the Hawkeye episode
Embarassing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads