• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

World The Ultimate Spider-Man Animated Series Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so excited about Hawkeye! I can't wait for GOTG and still hoping Black Widow will show up...

The Spectacular Spider-Man was pretty much discribed by you right there, along with the entertaining factor...
So no... that really doesn't count for anything.

Spectactular S-M was definitely well-written and entertaining. Ground-breaking, thought-provoking, and deep? No.

At first I was interested in the show, I liked it, then I hated it, now it's decent again.

I feel like this:

It's no Spectacular Spider-Man, but it's better than the 60s, 80s, and especially the MTV series IMHO.

You have to look at it like this: It's not a SERIOUS show like any of the comics.

It's an action/comedy show. Not a serious action/drama show.

Think of it as Spider-Man and his ULTIMATE friends.

After all the original shows were EXTREMELY corny, a little campy, and some of the jokes were silly and dull.

That's how you gotta view this show

also anybody noticed this before?

69597_10151428558537859_218986054_n.jpg

Spectactular S-M was definitely well-written and entertaining. Ground-breaking, thought-provoking, and deep? No.
I disagree. It was groundbreaking in several ways, like having an enormous cast that plumbed the depths of Spidey's supporting cast and rogue's gallery (true, the 90's show did it first, but Spec took it further). And by having every single character be someone from the comics. And by making Gwen Stacy a main character. And by having the series play out over a clearly defined and specific time frame. And the show also upped the ante with the action scenes, which helped make way for Avengers:EMH to take it even further.

Thought-provoking is a little harder to nail down, but for my part I never thought much about how Venom's monster-mouth works before (I've decided it's an optical illusion). I never thought about how Aunt May pays the bills (probably social security, for starters.) I liked how each of Peter's classmates is well-rounded and has a unique relationship with Peter. I liked how he kind of has three father figures (Captain Stacy, Norman Osborn, and Jameson). Maybe it's just me getting older that I'm noticing these things.

And just because the show was packed with action doesn't mean it wasn't deep. To be fair, I didn't think it was deep either at first, but it has the most developed version of Flash, the most developed version of Eddie Brock, and even Jameson has to go through some development before he wants to destroy Spider-Man at all costs (at first he has no interest in him besides publicity). There are lots of moments where Peter is tested as a person, such as when he meets Tombstone and realizes that fighting super-villains isn't making a difference in the long run, or when he realizes his feelings for Gwen, or when he came across Uncle Ben's killer again. And look over Season 2, where they're putting on the play, and see how it's used to frame each episode, especially "Growing Pains" where the auditions subtly comment on the action, or "Opening Night" where the play's dialogue does the same thing. This show may not have been serious all the time, but it had depth to spare.

Okay, rant over. My 2 cents, thanks for your time.

Last edited:
I feel like some jerk at Hasbro is trolling me. I remmeber a few years ago I sent them an email about spidey figures I'd love to see. One of which was a figure of the suit from spider-Man Unlimited. they made a very crappy one for the 3.75" figure line and now they got one coming out for USM:

IMG_1101__scaled_600.jpg

Guess I should've been more specific and asked for a Marvel Legends quality figure of the nano-tech suit -.-'

This episode with the Sinister Six was a huge piece of crap,I give it a 1/10.It was a huge mess.Spectacular Spider-Man's episode Sinister Six fight is way better than this.

Watching the Hunter episode now, for the first time
Kraven hunting someone other than Spidey, interesting
Everything about Ava in this episode will be ignored later, like the two episodes that follow, correct?

Watching the Hunter episode now, for the first time
Kraven hunting someone other than Spidey, interesting
Everything about Ava in this episode will be ignored later, like the two episodes that follow, correct?

Incorrect. In the Sinister Six episode, it is acknowledged that Kraven is Ava's primary enemy, based on the scene when the team members switch opponents to change the momentum of the fight. No details from previous episodes are ever ignored in later episodes. It's all connected. Don't make stuff up just because you don't like the show.

Incorrect. In the Sinister Six episode, it is acknowledged that Kraven is Ava's primary enemy, based on the scene when the team members switch opponents to change the momentum of the fight. No details from previous episodes are ever ignored in later episodes. It's all connected. Don't make stuff up just because you don't like the show.
I don't dislike the show, I was asking about a detail if it was ignored in episodes 5 & 6 of this season, the older season had a bit of a knack for that

No details from previous episodes are ever ignored in later episodes. It's all connected. Don't make stuff up just because you don't like the show.

Remember when Alex was regretful of being the Rhino and was implied that he had reformed?

Remember when Electro lost his blue powered-up form and powers?

Because this episode didn't. :cwink:

Thank tdeverea, exactly. People who are trying to deny the show has a sense of continuity are just on the "WE HATE LOEB AND USM" bandwagon.

I thought the Sinister Six episode was good. They actually built to this episode which felt like a sort of quarter season finale of sorts. I appreciated that they acknowledged that Lizard/Connors knows who Spider-Man is, though Doc Ock wasn't aware he knew that. I thought the ending was pretty compelling. The Lizard doesn't betray Spider-Man but he goes off on his own. I like that they are making Lizard/Connors a more important character this season going off of his appearance in Amazing Spider-Man.

Most surprising moment was Spider-Man ripping Octopus' tentales off. Wasn't really expecting that but I liked it.

Last edited:
Thank tdeverea, exactly. People who are trying to deny the show has no sense of continuity are just on the "WE HATE LOEB AND USM" bandwagon.
Again, I'm not a hater, it's easy to see continuity is here, it's also easy to see when some stuff aren't done right when it comes to caring for continuity

Thank tdeverea, exactly. People who are trying to deny the show has no sense of continuity are just on the "WE HATE LOEB AND USM" bandwagon.

For the love of GOD please can you STOP! He was talking about character development continuity issue which is not the shows mandate or main priority, they concentrate more on fun, kid comedy and exiting fights, it's the way it is.

Obviously IMO from what I have gathered from you, is you are a heavy dedicated Jeph Loab and Marvel fan. I know you, you are in the toonzone forum as well and when Disney XD gave their ratings and someone said EMHS did better than Ultimate Spider-man, you almost bit this head off to the point he was apologizing and the funny thing is, he was someone who actually loves and is a big fan of USM.

You generalize anyone who says just one negative thing about the show as a so called "HATER". Heck you even attacked me for explaining why the so called "HATERS" don't like they show and you branded me as a HATER!

You complain about people whining and complaining but from what I see you are also whining and complaining. You complain against people's complaint, people are allowed to give their opinion and have a conversation, negative or not.

Try this if anyone says any negative thing at all even if it's a very small thing, IGNORE the comment. In-fact do you know what? I am going to create a forum for the Ultimate Spider-man fan no HATERS allowed all just for you and people who are fans of the show as well and I will do the same thing for Hulk and the agent of S.M.A.S.H when it debuts. I don't hate the show but even me will not be aloud to it after I set it up and it will be in the Spider-Man's world.

Will that make you happy?

Last edited:
Remember when Alex was regretful of being the Rhino and was implied that he had reformed?

Remember when Electro lost his blue powered-up form and powers?

Because this episode didn't. :cwink:

I remember that. I'm also using context clues. Since Doc Ock is leading the group, manipulating Dr. Connors and transforming him manually with that remote, it also stands to reason that Doc Ock also found a way to return Electro to his more powerful form. I know for a fact that he manipulated Alex because he said that Ock promised him more formula in the Sinister Six episode. Remember the whole idea that "with great power comes great responsibility".

That's the whole premise of the series. All the episodes are showing what separates Spider-Man from these other characters who come into possession of some type of power, the creation of that power, how that power can corrupt, and the consequences of those decisions. Even the Rhino episode showed how Flash used his "power" to bully Alex and then it came back to him 100 fold.

Each villain is a reflection of what Spider-Man (or his teammates) could have been, had they had negative motivations.

I remember that. I'm also using context clues. Since Doc Ock is leading the group, manipulating Dr. Connors and transforming him manually with that remote, it also stands to reason that Doc Ock also found a way to return Electro to his more powerful form. I know for a fact that he manipulated Alex because he said that Ock promised him more formula in the Sinister Six episode. Remember the whole idea that "with great power comes great responsibility".

That's the whole premise of the series. All the episodes are showing what separates Spider-Man from these other characters who come into possession of some type of power, the creation of that power, how that power can corrupt, and the consequences of those decisions. Even the Rhino episode showed how Flash used his "power" to bully Alex and then it came back to him 100 fold.

Each villain is a reflection of what Spider-Man (or his teammates) could have been, had they had negative motivations.

It would have being good if they mentioned it you know which will add to character development.

It would have being good if they mentioned it you know which will add to character development.

They don't need to spoon-feed every detail. If Doc Ock is leading this team of villains, he has obviously given them some incentive on top of defeating Spider-Man. I don't need them to explicitly say that Ock is manipulating them. It's right there.

Remember the whole idea that "with great power comes great responsibility". That's the whole premise of the series.

In one episode of this show, Peter tried to steal tech from SHIELD to get an A on a science project. In another, he basically told Nick Fury to piss off so he could take a day off to go to an amusement park. In this show, with great power comes no responsibility.

They don't need to spoon-feed every detail. If Doc Ock is leading this team of villains, he has obviously given them some incentive on top of defeating Spider-Man. I don't need them to explicitly say that Ock is manipulating them. It's right there.

I get that and it makes sense, but it also leads to a good character story conversation, it only takes about 10 seconds which is nothing but it adds to something and makes it more meaningful, you get what I mean right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"