The Wrestling Thread is The Darth Vader of Threads!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daniel Bryan autographed show ticket:Ring access!

So if I buy a ticket to Smackdown, it entitles me to go into the ring, cut a promo and then punch Brad Maddox? Duly noted.

So if I buy a ticket to Smackdown, it entitles me to go into the ring, cut a promo and then punch Brad Maddox? Duly noted.

I'll go to shows their shows more often....Who doesnt want punch Brad Maddox? lol

It's clobberin' tiiiiiiiimmmmmmee!!!!!

Punk seems to be the modern Jericho. Should be main eventing, but is put in the position to help the low to mid card wrestlers get over.

I just hope by WM season he gets put back in the main event picture , which I'm sure he will.

I wonder why Punk stopped doing the running bulldog? Maybe for Ambrose because it looks similar to his finish?

WWE doesn't even bother to add realism to firing angles a lot of times. Fired superstars should never enter via the entrance way. Security should always go after a fired superstar, fired superstars should never have their music played, and I would prefer the announcers not acknowledge a fired superstar, which is something WWE did during the Matt Hardy attacks on Edge. It's almost like WWE's philosophy now is " Everyone knows it's a work, so why put effort in to it".

Punk seems to be the modern Jericho. Should be main eventing, but is put in the position to help the low to mid card wrestlers get over.

I just hope by WM season he gets put back in the main event picture , which I'm sure he will.

Jericho has never gotten the pushes Punk has had. Jericho was never a #2 guy or arguably a #3 guy.

WWE doesn't even bother to add realism to firing angles a lot of times. Fired superstars should never enter via the entrance way. Security should always go after a fired superstar, fired superstars should never have their music played, and I would prefer the announcers not acknowledge a fired superstar, which is something WWE did during the Matt Hardy attacks on Edge. It's almost like WWE's philosophy now is " Everyone knows it's a work, so why put effort in to it".

I remember Kevin Nash telling Stone Cold in Austin's podcast that when the nWo started he'd tell creative and top executives that him/hall&hogan shouldn't be on tapped episodes because in the storylines they are invading WCW and so they'd be edited out and that other WCW merchandise shouldn't be anything like the nWo shirt cause in the story they don't work for them and that's why they wanted their own promo styles

Jericho has never gotten the pushes Punk has had. Jericho was never a #2 guy or arguably a #3 guy.

A big reason for that is Punk doesn't have Austin, Rock, Triple H, Brock, Angle and Taker to take that spot.

A big reason for that is Punk doesn't have Austin, Rock, Triple H, Brock, Angle and Taker to take that spot.

To be fair to Jericho, he had one of the worst booked Title reigns ever. That whole Angle with him siding with Steph against HHH was just dumb. It was dumb before he even got involved with it.

From PWInsider.com:

TNA IMPACT WRESTLING TAPING UPDATE: PROMOTION RETURNING TO OLD HOME?

By Mike Johnson on 2013-10-18

Conversations have been opened between TNA and Universal Studios regarding the promotion returning to the old Impact Zone in November to tape several days' worth of Impact episodes, PWInsider.com has learned.

There is no confirmation that the two sides have come to terms, but the belief is that the company is seeking to run several days' worth of tapings the week of 11/21 that would cover 4-6 weeks' worth of episodes.

The Impact Zone, located at Universal Studios Orlando's Soundstage 21, is currently being used as a Resident Evil haunted house for Universal's Halloween Horrors event through 11/2.

http://pwinsider.com/article/80972/...date-promotion-returning-to-old-home.html?p=1

TNA IMPACT ZONE UPDATE

The word making the way around those in TNA is that the promotion will tape a number of Impact episodes in mid-late November at the Impact Zone.
Depending on the market, planned or announced tapings would either be canceled or converted into house shows.

TNA is still working out their final plans before making any official announcements.

http://pwinsider.com/article/80982/tna-impact-zone-update.html?p=1

Especially if he starts off as a foil to CM Punk. It could help bring out some of his natural charisma.

From what I've seen in videos, he has that charisma. The question will be how much of that will WWE let him express.

To be fair to Jericho, he had one of the worst booked Title reigns ever. That whole Angle with him siding with Steph against HHH was just dumb. It was dumb before he even got involved with it.

Definitely. He was the 3rd wheel in that storyline. According to Jericho himself, Vinnie Mac didn't have any faith in him until his 2nd run.

Finally tuned into SD, Big Show is ****canned, but he still wears his SGK pink WWE shirt? I... what?

From PWInsider.com:

TNA IMPACT WRESTLING TAPING UPDATE: PROMOTION RETURNING TO OLD HOME?

Conversations have been opened between TNA and Universal Studios regarding the promotion returning to the old Impact Zone in November to tape several days' worth of Impact episodes, PWInsider.com has learned.

There is no confirmation that the two sides have come to terms, but the belief is that the company is seeking to run several days' worth of tapings the week of 11/21 that would cover 4-6 weeks' worth of episodes.

The Impact Zone, located at Universal Studios Orlando's Soundstage 21, is currently being used as a Resident Evil haunted house for Universal's Halloween Horrors event through 11/2.

http://pwinsider.com/article/80972/...date-promotion-returning-to-old-home.html?p=1

TNA IMPACT ZONE UPDATE

The word making the way around those in TNA is that the promotion will tape a number of Impact episodes in mid-late November at the Impact Zone.
Depending on the market, planned or announced tapings would either be canceled or converted into house shows.

TNA is still working out their final plans before making any official announcements.

http://pwinsider.com/article/80982/tna-impact-zone-update.html?p=1

TNA needs to make home a place where they can find a strong, consistent fan base. NY, NJ, Philly, Toronto or Chicago.

How does Swagger still have a head after that super kick?

That Zeb Coulter is a trooper

That's true but Punk is one of WWE's big stars. I wouldn't say he has much to gripe about, unlike Ziggler. As long as Punk Is in the title picture come Mania we're good. Working with mid-card guys is not the issue here. It's working with Axel and Ryback specifically.

Last edited:
TNA needs to make home a place where they can find a strong, consistent fan base. NY, NJ, Philly, Toronto or Chicago.

I guess Meltzer said they are looking strongly at Vegas as well, in hopes of making money off of the tourists. However, getting talent in and out of Vegas regularly might be challenging, since most live on the east coast.

Bully Ray's 'Hard Times' promo riff on Impact was great, pity AJ's response was a bit lacking. I thought they stoked the fire well for their title match overall though, even if the bounty stuff came off goofy.

Magnus vs Bully was a decent match and so was Joe vs Sabin, the aftermath of which was a good lead into the Ultimate X match. It was also cool to see Joe and Sabin use the finish from Punk/Joe III.

The simple tension between Magnus and Sting simmered their angle nicely and I thought Roode's promo on Angle was money, although I did wonder why the MEM didn't come out to help him when Bad Influence jumped in.

I actually thought Impact was a good go home show and did a decent job of promoting their 4 main matches for BFG, but it's probably too little too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"