The Wrestling Thread is The Darth Vader of Threads!

Status
Not open for further replies.
TNA Bound For Failure...I mean Glory

So they opt not to promote their biggest PPV that takes place the same night as Peyton Manning returning to Indy?

Fail. At least the WWE promotes their PPV events, no matter how bad their card is going to be.

Wait.....TNA has a PPV this Sunday and it's supposed to be their WrestleMania?

Bound For Glory 2013 said:
No Disqualifications Match for The TNA Championship
AJ Styles Vs. Bully Ray

X-Division Title
Austin Aries Vs. Jeff Hardy Vs. Manik Vs. Chris Sabin Vs. Samoa Joe

Tag Team Championship
James Storm & Gunner Vs. Pre-Show Winners

Sting Vs. Magnus

Kurt Angle Vs. Robert Roode

KnockOuts Title
ODB Vs. Gail Kim Vs. Brooke Tessmacher

This card is sh**ty is fu**!

- As noted several weeks back, WWE released Jesse White from his developmental deal. White had been working NXT as Jake Carter and is the son of WWE Legend Vader.

Word from NXT is that White had no good creative ideas for himself which led to heat. A lot of the NXT talents are expected to come up with their own character ideas and pitch them to creative. The NXT writers didn’t like any of White’s ideas and that put him on the bubble.

What sealed White’s fate with the company was a September 12th NXT dark match against Tensai. Officials thought the match was awful. Between the heat from creative and the bad match with Tensai, the decision was made to release him. White was actually released just days after the match with Tensai.

http://dailywrestlingnews.com/wwe-really-release-vaders-son/

What interest me is that the guys in Developmental are willing to give that kind of freedom in this era of wrestling....So what does that mean for the next era once HHH takes over? More freedom with gimmicks and less heavily scripted promos?

Tbh, A lot of those sound like they could make good to decent matches but the angles surrounding them...not so much.

Its a combination of bad booking and other things:

1.) I wish Sabin never would've won the belt. His pity title reign took away a lot of Ray's momentum.

2.) Angle's poor choice resulted in the card being changed. It should've been MEM Vs. A&8s on the card.

3.) Hated how Jackson and Ortiz were pulled for safety reasons. They should've be involved with BFG in some capacity.

4.) Taryn was supposed to become KnockOuts champ, but she got pregnant. It didn't help Mickie left.

5.) Budget cuts which resulted in a lot of people losing their jobs and creative gaps having to be filled.

Kinda like Twitter? :cwink:

:funny:

You don't really need the news reports to see that Brie isn't getting over. That's as plain as day.

- As noted several weeks back, WWE released Jesse White from his developmental deal. White had been working NXT as Jake Carter and is the son of WWE Legend Vader.

Word from NXT is that White had no good creative ideas for himself which led to heat. A lot of the NXT talents are expected to come up with their own character ideas and pitch them to creative. The NXT writers didn’t like any of White’s ideas and that put him on the bubble.

What sealed White’s fate with the company was a September 12th NXT dark match against Tensai. Officials thought the match was awful. Between the heat from creative and the bad match with Tensai, the decision was made to release him. White was actually released just days after the match with Tensai.

http://dailywrestlingnews.com/wwe-really-release-vaders-son/

What interest me is that the guys in Developmental are willing to give that kind of freedom in this era of wrestling....So what does that mean for the next era once HHH takes over? More freedom with gimmicks and less heavily scripted promos?

It's likely. There was a news report last year or so when Triple H took over NXT on how he wanted to bring back some old school methods, such as giving talents bulletpoints of topics to discuss in their their promos instead of scripting everything. That kind of thinking lets the talent develop their own style and words versus reading what someone else said.

Stuff like that, attempting to revive the tag team division, and video vignettes tell me Triple H will be good for business when he officially takes over. At least as long as he isn't booking himself in angles. NXT is probably solid WWE show every week in that it packs a lot in one hour and never drags or stalls. Start to finish. With RAW there's so much filler at times. I've enjoyed RAW the last few months but there are segments and other features that could get trimmed.

Brie's not bad in the ring, she's passable. But there's no way in the world she should be beating AJ. Just out of the blue she's able to do that when she hasn't shown anything more than an iota of wrestling ability in the ring. Please...

Cody Rhodes entrance and finisher in WWE 2K14. The new Beautiful Disaster Kick and Cross Rhodes animations look awesome!
[YT]Dkm_VpzNI3M[/YT]​

Yokozuna entrance and finisher in WWE 2K14.
[YT]85Rw2ql9wE4[/YT]

It's likely. There was a news report last year or so when Triple H took over NXT on how he wanted to bring back some old school methods, such as giving talents bulletpoints of topics to discuss in their their promos instead of scripting everything. That kind of thinking lets the talent develop their own style and words versus reading what someone else said.

Stuff like that, attempting to revive the tag team division, and video vignettes tell me Triple H will be good for business when he officially takes over. At least as long as he isn't booking himself in angles. NXT is probably solid WWE show every week in that it packs a lot in one hour and never drags or stalls. Start to finish. With RAW there's so much filler at times. I've enjoyed RAW the last few months but there are segments and other features that could get trimmed.

Not to mention, The bit about scripted promos being replaced with bullet points in NXT was actually confirmed to me by Jim Ross several months ago...this is what he had to say about it?:

All talents need to work off their instincts and skills via bullet points on promos. That's being addressed in NXT. It starts when enough talents are on the roster to do it correctly.

http://www.jrsbarbq.com/jrs-qa?page=45

But I had know idea that it had gotten to the points where the wrestlers are free to come up with their own characters and get NXT creative behind it. It goes to show the differences between HHH and Mcmahon as the Mcmahons seem to nitpick when anything doesnt go the way they dictated it to go while HHH is allowing a strong amount of creative freedom to the talent being groomed in NXT.

Cody Rhodes entrance and finisher in WWE 2K14. The new Beautiful Disaster Kick and Cross Rhodes animations look awesome!
[YT]Dkm_VpzNI3M[/YT]​

Yokozuna entrance and finisher in WWE 2K14.
[YT]85Rw2ql9wE4[/YT]

-Cody's model is awesome,I'll be giving the Disaster Kick and new Cross Rhodes to my lightweight original caw

-Yokozuna&Fuji look great,So glad to have them in

Just give Langston a new finisher and then I'll be on board with a face turn.

For those getting WWE2K14..Out of the in-game roster who will be your Top 5 most used?,I'll be playing as almost everybody in universe but my top 5 most used in universe/exhibition and online will most probably be..

#1-Goldberg(I won't use him online though cause almost every match someone will race to pick him)
#2-Razor Ramon
#3-Diesel
#4-Retro Big Show
#5-Eddie Guerrero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member