• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

No Way Home "There's No Place Like Home" - Andrew Garfield Returns As Webbverse Spider-Man

More Garfield Spidey is better than no Garfield Spidey if you ask me.

And the only MCU Spidey movie I really like is NWH, pretty much because they brought back the Spideys from those debacles, which I prefer to the MCU films.

Pretty much this.

I prefer the ASM films over HC and FFH. So for me personally, yes I would rather they handle the character.
If it was up to you to decide, would you continue the plot threads from TASM2 or would you prefer something different? It was never really confirmed if Norman and Richard were gone for good, so one could go either way.

On twitter fans are currently doing a #MakeTASM3 movement. But i don't think we will get a TASM3. I think if we were to go back to TASM universe it will be for something else with Andrew back as Spider-Man. It would be a totally different beast at this point. I think it would have to be to fit in with what Sony has going currently.

Last edited:
On twitter fans are currently doing a #MakeTASM3 movement. But i don't think we will get a TASM3. I think if we were to go back to TASM universe it will be for something else with Andrew appearing as Spider-Man. It would be a totally different beast at this point. I think it would have to be to fit in with what Sony has going currently.
Yeah, whatever the case we sure wouldn't want the TASM3 they were gonna give us back then- nor from the same creatives.

If it was up to you to decide, would you continue the plot threads from TASM2 or would you prefer something different? It was never really confirmed if Norman and Richard were gone for good, so one could go either way.

I think you move on past that story. Keep some of the elements from TASM (his feelings over losing Gwen specifically and so on) but for the most part just something different/fresh.

It’s not so much that people are anxious to see the world of TASM return. What the fans are clamoring for is Andrew Garfield to return. I think a better route would be for him to be the main “villain” in a sense in Venom 3…or maybe star in a Kraven movie.

At the end of the day, the play is the Venom movie. though. I truly feel Hardy and Garfield can absolutely tear the house down if given the opportunity.

On twitter fans are currently doing a #MakeTASM3 movement. But i don't think we will get a TASM3. I think if we were to go back to TASM universe it will be for something else with Andrew back as Spider-Man. It would be a totally different beast at this point. I think it would have to be to fit in with what Sony has going currently.

This.

We are definitely going to get more Andrew as Spider-Man. I just don’t see TASM 3. There are other routes they can, will and probably should take.

Regardless, all the fans want is more Andrew. All I can say to that crowd that’s finally jumping on board this train is…. “Took you long enough….”

I wanna see Garfield's Peter meet a girl with the MJ initials, who he initially assumes would be "the one", but actually they don't get along at all. Rom-comedy ensues.

As for the original TASM3, I don't really care to see Sinister 6, nor those specific villains they teased (Doc Ock, Vulture, etc). I'd rather they re-write for something that makes sense post NWH.

I think the most likely thing is a movie with Tom Hardy's Venom or Miles Morales.

Last edited:
Andrew is my fave Spidey, but I don’t want him back if the movies he’s gonna be in are bad and poorly handled by Sony. He deserves better than that.

Sony has changed their direction when it comes to the Sinister 6.

What we got in No Way Home is probably the closest to what they were originally gonna do. I suspect the plan now is that Venom, Morbius and Kraven will be part of a Sinister 6 team up.

Andrew really, really freaking shone in this movie and I can't say I'm against fans campaigning for a TASM 3 (keep Avi Arad faaaaaaaaaar away from it) because I genuinely want to see more of him. He was having such a ball in this movie and hit me in the feels at certain points (you know what those are).

I saw the movie last night.

Andrew Garfield is the MVP indeed. The hype is real. While it doesn’t make me want want a ASM3, it does remind me how much he has as ill served by the writing of his movies, and it really does prove that with better writing he truly is…an Amazing Spider-Man.

I saw the movie last night.

Andrew Garfield is the MVP indeed. The hype is real. While it doesn’t make me want want a ASM3, it does remind me how much he has as ill served by the writing of his movies, and it really does prove that with better writing he truly is…an Amazing Spider-Man.

In the same boat. Not sure if I want an ASM3…I definitely want him back. How do you feel about having him in a Venom or Kraven movie? Where would you go with him from here since the demand is so high for him?

I’ve been dying for the day I could say this phrase…… Andrew Garfield is a hot commodity at the moment.

I really think Andrew and Hardy would jive well on screen. Idk why, I just do lol.
Garfield and Hardy would basically be a live action version of this and I'd be all for it:

tumblr_o60r3lMOZD1rstrbqo3_1280.jpg

In the same boat. Not sure if I want an ASM3…I definitely want him back. How do you feel about having him in a Venom or Kraven movie? Where would you go with him from here since the demand is so high for him?
I wouldn’t want Garfield to be saddled with bad writing again, so the last place I would have Garfield Spidey in is a Venom movie, lol. Same with any of Sony’s projects like Morbius, which look pretty bad.

You know better than anyone the MCU isn’t perfect but despite its many imperfections, they still have better quality control than Sony(live action wise at least) so I think Garfield Spidey should appear in projects that are guranteed to give him good material to work with. So a two part Russo brothers directed Secret Wars movie, or maybe ITSV sequels would do.

I’ve been dying for the day I could say this phrase…… Andrew Garfield is a hot commodity at the moment.
Of the three actors who’ve played Spider-Man on film, he’s the one with the best career going on at the moment. In the years since ASM2 he’s made movies like Hawkshaw Ridge (where got a Oscar nomination) Silence, Tick Tock Boom(where he very likely will get his second Oscar nomination, and might even win). In contrast, Maguire doesn’t really act anymore, and Holland’s recent career since being cast as Spider-Man has been underwhelming to say the least. Between stuff like Chaos Walking, Devil Within, and utter disasters like Cherry Holland really needs to get himself a better agent, lol.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's hard cause I get the desire to see more of Andrew in the role but it's gotta be better than what he was given in his 2 movies before. Otherwise there is no point. They even playfully acknowledged the redheaded stepchild nature of the ASM films in No Way Home, and a lot of shine was given to letting Andrew strut his stuff.

I mean, if he's happy appearing in stuff like Sony's silliness then by all means- but we know despite giving it his all out of love for the character he was very dissatisfied with a lot of decisions in those movies. I'm sure people would love seeing him more but I don't know if being with Sony unsupervised again is worth his time. Bless em all but Andrew deserves nothin but the best.

I don't think there was ever any acknowledgment in a stepchild nature there. I think some expected there would be and I think some may have read into some jokes that way. But i don't think that was the intention in the writing. I think it was all in good dynamic fun. There was no meta-message there.

I will always stand by TASM as being a good movie. 2nd had issues but good moments. So if anyone notices Andrew now, its because they were not looking properly before.

Last edited:
In terms of whether Andrew is the Spider-man in the Venomverse. Id say Sony at some point will want Spider-man and Venom to meet. Its gonna happen. Id guess it will be Holland though since i think that credit scene was teasing something. But we will see.

Reboot Spider-Man as an adult with Andrew Garfield in a quasi-TASM continuity. Garfield is late 30's but could pass for 20's.

Have Gwen Stacy already dead with only GG and Lizard as the villains he's faced. Get Travis Knight to direct.

Yeah, whatever the case we sure wouldn't want the TASM3 they were gonna give us back then- nor from the same creatives.
I’d be curious to see how bad that would have been.

You know, if Andrew's Spider-man actually does end up existing in the same universe as Venom, they'd better have a scene where Peter, upon learning about Venom's alien origins, enthusiastically remarks on the fact that his universe isn't as lame as he thought.

What makes you think Andrew even wants to make a film for Sony in the first place? Pretty sure Feige and being in the MCU was the draw to return

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"