Thor: Box Office and Predictions

Agreed. The hype levels for this thing are insane. In Phase 4 so far, only NWH had more buzz surrounding it than L&T.
its the ultimate summer family movie of the year that the critics will be raving about.

"its the most fun you'll have in the movies this summer"

"best Marvel film ever"

"its the number one movie in the world and in every universe"

Like i can see the ads saying those.

Is there a Marvel movie where things like that haven't been said, though?

I mean, maybe Eternals, but that film was actually bad.

Last edited:
They have anticipated by 1 day the film release in India. July 7th.

The MCU is pretty big over there and specially Thor/Chris Hemsworth have a massive following, the official “Hindi” trailer for example has already over 16 million views, while there’s another trailer in the India Marvel YouTube channel with 7 million views.

So when we add up all those India official trailers and dubbed versions there’s like 30 millions views in total. So yeh TLT will do very well over at the Indian box office. I remember Ragnarok did very well there too but this time around I think it will do much better.

The MCU is pretty big over there and specially Thor/Chris Hemsworth have a massive following, the official “Hindi” trailer for example has already over 16 million views, while there’s another trailer in the India Marvel YouTube channel with 7 million views.

So when we add up all those India official trailers and dubbed versions there’s like 30 millions views in total. So yeh TLT will do very well over at the Indian box office. I remember Ragnarok did very well there too but this time around I think it will do much better.

That's good, since L&T almost certainly won't be released in China (none of the other Phase 4 movies have been), so its gonna need to make up for it with strong performances in other markets.

Predictions seem about right to start with…

We’ll the shorter runtime is definitely a factor in the overall increase quantity of showings, both on opening weekend and during its box office run. Also repeat viewings are another important factor to consider if it turns out to be a fun, feel good adventure in the summer. So on that end good news for the film’s BO potential.

Wouldn't it be funny (funny odd and funny haha) if TG ends up being the #1 BO movie of the year? At this point, it seems like a possibility. Whoda thunk that was even possible a few months ago? I think L&T will go north of MoM unless it gets poor reviews.

Wouldn't it be funny (funny odd and funny haha) if TG ends up being the #1 BO movie of the year? At this point, it seems like a possibility. Whoda thunk that was even possible a few months ago? I think L&T will go north of MoM unless it gets poor reviews.

What's TG ?

My guess would be $850m-$900m WW. About $100m improvement from Ragnarok minus China and Russia ($120m-150m). The buzz doesn’t feel particularly strong only 2 weeks from opening so I don’t expect an upside surprise.

I'm hoping for 900m.

Four MCU movies in a row over 900m would be nice.

No Way Home, Dr Strange 2, Thor 4 and Black Panther 2.

I wouldn’t underestimate the film’s box office potential. Even though there’s a few countries BO missing this time around I’m pretty certain there will be a healthy increase from Ragnarok pretty much everywhere else around the globe which should cover that difference and easily surpass Ragnarok’s total of 850M.

This is not Ragnarok post Dark World. This is Love & Thunder post Ragnarok, Infinity War and End Game.

Predictions seem about right to start with…

BOP made an adjustment to their predictions of -4% from their early numbers. So now…

OW - 145M to 190M
Domestic - 327 to 459M
——//——
Thor 1 - 65M OW / 181M Domestic - 449M WW
Thor 2 - 85M OW / 206M Domestic - 644M WW
Thor 3 - 122M OW & 315M Domestic - 853M WW

MCU Box Office - Thursday Previews / Opening Weekends

1. Avengers: EG ---------- 60M / OW = 357M
2. Spider-Man: NWH ----- 50M / OW = 260M
3. Avengers: IW ------------ 39M / OW = 257M
4. Doctor Strange: MOM - 36M / OW = 187M
5. Avengers: AOU ---------- 27M / OW = 191M
6. Black Panther ------------- 25M / OW = 202M
7. Captain America: CW --- 25M / OW = 179M
8. Captain Marvel ------------ 20M / OW = 153M
Thor Ragnarok - 14.5M / OW = 122M

Seems like TLT's previews are gonna be in the 20's. :yay:

Yeah the Indian box office is growing massively and the MCU is also exploding over there. There’s some hilariously awesome theatrical reactions for
India for IW & EG.

Hopefully can open a bit higher and get more comfortable over $400m.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"