Titans Titans General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Starfire looks like a hooker in a bad wig (and isn't her orange hue), BeastBoy a kid with green-dyed hair (and not green-skinned), Raven is a teenage goth with too much makeup and it all looks like it was done in the 1990's, people are going to be concerned.
At the same time, seeing as how much care is put in the Robin and Hawk/Dove costume, that VFX scan of Anna Diop: https://twitter.com/TheAnnaDiop/status/918528954801168384/video/1, it seems like they know what they are doing. It seems there is going to be more than meets the eye. I'm just waiting until the trailer before I throw any criticisms yet.

Are we expecting a trailer this weekend?
Last I heard no, but it could be a surprise.

I, too, am waiting for the trailer before passing final judgement.

At the same time, seeing as how much care is put in the Robin and Hawk/Dove costume, that VFX scan of Anna Diop: https://twitter.com/TheAnnaDiop/status/918528954801168384/video/1, it seems like they know what they are doing. It seems there is going to be more than meets the eye. I'm just waiting until the trailer before I throw any criticisms yet.

Last I heard no, but it could be a surprise.
And yet the pictures they show us are not impressive and if they are not indicative of how they will look in the series, why show those particular images at all in an official capacity?

And yet the pictures they show us are not impressive and if they are not indicative of how they will look in the series, why show those particular images at all in an official capacity?

Undersell to overperform.
I just now found out about who the pilot ep's director is.

If they are intending to undersell it they are doing a bang up job.

Do we know if Starfire is getting orange skin at some point?

Everything DC needs to be gritty because it worked for Batman. Nevermind it did not work for Superman or Batman vs Superman or Justice League. Wonder Woman was an anomaly (it only had a bit of grit). We need more grit! :o

Everything DC needs to be gritty because it worked for Batman. Nevermind it did not work for Superman or Batman vs Superman or Justice League. Wonder Woman was an anomaly (it only had a bit of grit). We need more grit! :o
I don't think, that was grit that was BvS and Man of Steel (I wouldn't call Justice League, gritty more like a mismanaged mess), more like poor storytelling, not enough character moments/development.

Reading Marv Wolfman NTT comics and Geoff Johns run among other, the OG Teen Titans comics dealt with some pretty adult themes alongside the humor and lighthearted moments. This could actually be a pretty good fit for Titans, if done right.

So Robin is going to be the only costumed hero on this team?
DibLX6CVsAMGTrA.jpg

DibLYjBUwAAxE7m.jpg

DibLZOAV4AA8ys7.jpg

DibLZ74UwAA4x3t.jpg

The only thing they changed about Starfire was her dress.
DagTW3QWkAAuW9d.jpg:large

out of the main 4, I think Robin will be the only one with a costume from the start. since he's already established as a crime fighter/vigilante.

I'd imagine the others will get proper costumes as the show progresses and the team actually becomes a team.

and, tbh, seeing the pics up close now, I'm less bothered by them. Even Starfire isn't as bad, though I still dislike her hairdo.

I wonder, though, will Star and BB ever display orange/green skin? I'm hoping those above pics just show their "civilian" looks to blend in, but in battle, their skin color changes to the proper color.

DibLZ74UwAA4x3t.jpg

The only thing they changed about Starfire was her dress.
DagTW3QWkAAuW9d.jpg:large

And the lighting changed her skin color. Honestly, the only things left is that hairdo and to ditch the furcoat.

If anything those pictures make me even more concerned.

Okay, yeah. Starfire’s wig is awful and there’s no point in adapting Beast Boy if you aren’t going to make him green.

I hope there’s more to it than what we’ve so far seen, but it looks like they may have dropped the ball on those two.

I just heard a rumor that a trailer will be shown to us at 6am tomorrow!

If true, I won't sleep.

So Geoff Johns revealed a little more Titans TV show:
http://titanstv.net/geoff-johns-talks-titans/

GEOFF JOHNS TALKS TITANS
JULY 17, 2018 NIGHTWING LEAVE A COMMENT
The Comic-Con special issue of TV Guide Magazine is now hitting newsstands, and in it, Geoff Johns talks a bit about what makes Titans so special.

“I think the reason Teen Titans has been so great is it’s a surrogate family of superhumans,” Johns said in the magazine. “There are a lot of super hero television shows and films out there, and we wanted to do something different — something that would be in the spirit of what the Teen Titans first did in the ’80s, taking these different characters from different walks of life and having them crash together to become a surrogate family. Then from there it deviates drastically. We’re telling the story in a very different way.”

Regarding Brenton Thwaites’ Dick Grayson a.k.a. Robin, “he’s left Gotham City and he’s left Batman.”

“He feels like he was made into a weapon and he’s trying to get away from [fighting crime]. Things draw him back in, and he’s struggling,” Johns explained. He also revealed that the series will tell a lot about the early journey of Rachel Roth (Teagan Croft), a.k.a. Raven.

“Rachel is very young. She’s 13 years old and manifesting some strange abilities,” Johns told TV Guide, noting some parallels between Bruce Wayne’s taking in of Dick Grayson and Dick’s interactions with Rachel.

Each member of the team will offer something special to this series.

“Rachel is a doorway to horror and the supernatural. Starfire is a doorwat to sci-fi, Beast Boy is a door to the Doom Patrol, and Robin’s a doorway to the vigilantes of the DC Universe,” Johns said, promising Titans is “more adult than any other DC superhero show by a pretty wide margin.”

“Each of the characters has individual arcs and storylines. It’s not a villain-of-the-week type of show. This is a 13-hour movie,” he said.

You can pick up the Comic-Con issue of TV Guide Magazine, complete with more quotes and details about the other DC Universe programs, this week at newsstands or at Comic-Con itself!

Titans is coming to the DC Universe platform later in 2018.

It feels like they are mixing New Teen Titans, Geoff Johns run and Daredevil in one. Can't wait to see what the trailer shows.

It looks pretty bad at this point hopefully they can pull a hail Mary.

How many more hours till trailer..

"It's not a villian-of-the-week type of show. This is a 13-hour movie."

Sold.

Only thing that bothers me visually is Starfire's ratty fur coat ,Beast Boy only having green hair, and Raven having a somewhat soft and warm look, to me. Saying that though, I'll definitely give the show a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"