Titans Titans General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? None of Berlanti's shows are tied the DCEU.

Also, it would exclude a lot of characters (Dick since he's getting his movie, Barbara, etc).

I couldn't see this tied to the movies, but maybe to the existing TV universe. Even then, I wouldn't expect overt references until down the line (perhaps like they incorporated Supergirl).

Just like CBS with Star Trek: Discovery, hard pass on signing up for yet another Netflix clone. I'll watch the show if it is good but it will not be on some extraneous digital service.

I couldn't see this tied to the movies, but maybe to the existing TV universe.

If we didn't have The Flash or Supergirl I would agree but I think 4 shows is enough. Personally,I've seen enough of Berlanti's work and I would love for this streaming service to bring a different tone/production value superior to what Legends or Arrow did. The more this show will be its own thing, the better for me.

I am all in with this streaming service. If I read this correctly, it sounds like a combination of Netflix with Marvel's Marvel Unlimited comic book service and if that's the case, then I love the idea.

While I am more excited about season 3 of Young Justice, I am looking forward to Titans, and am anxious to find out the line-up beyond Grayson, Starfire and Raven. I remember the TNT series was supposedly going to be Grayson/Barbara Gordon/Raven/Starfire/Hawk & Dove.

I don't see this having a connection to the films at all. An eventual link to the Arrowverse seems much more likely to me, even if it doesn't start out that way.

yeah, I don't see this having any connection to the DCEU films. nor do I want it to, cuz I still would like to see a live action Titans film, too.

and I only want it tied to the Arrowverse if Manu Bennett reprises his role as Deathstroke.

maybe it's because of the original Titans cartoon, but I associate Deathstroke with the Titans.

so, this new Titans show needs to have a Deathstroke in it.

however, it's all moot for me if I won't be able to watch it.......lol.

I really hope they consider offering different tiers/plans of service.

A premium where subscribers get to watch the shows live or right away after air on line. plus access to other content like digital comics or whatever.

and then a free service where you don't get access to all the extra content ( like digital comics ) and you have to wait a day or two or a week before you can watch the show episodes.

that would be fair, imo.

Last edited:
I doubt it'll have a free version. It doesn't seem like it'd be financially viable, and CBS All Access (the closest comparable service to this) doesn't have that.

CBS, Warner Bros, etc are all too greedy to do a free version and want to steal Netflix's idea without understanding how come Netflix is successful.

I for one am pretty excited about this . I would hope they would use Netflix as a model on how to do things and put out some tremendous material . I have no doubts Young Justice will be great and a live action Titans sounds awesome . I highly doubt they will tie this in to the CW universe but I could see this being a part of the DC Cinematic universe much like how Daredevil and all are tied to the MCU. My only worry is that how will they handle Nightwing , will he be the same actor in both the movie and the series , different actor, like that is my main question . I'm stoked for the live action Nightwing film and can't wait . With this coming out next year I'm wondering if casting will be underway pretty soon

I hope that they put the old DCAU shows, and their animated films, on the network as well.

Also if they're using the same basic premise for Titans as when it was going to be on TNT, then the team roster would have included at least THREE female members. I hope that this is still the case.

While this is exciting to hear when I read it was being produced by GB....I am kind of tired of his interpretations of heroes. Somehow they all end up being really similar to one another.

So Nightwing, Raven, Beast Boy and Starfire have all been confirmed for the Titans show. Rumor has it Blue Beetle(likely replacing Cyborg), Terra (have to do TJC storyline) and Bumblebee will also be a part of the lineup. Sounds good to me but I hope they add Static as well :)

While this is exciting to hear when I read it was being produced by GB....I am kind of tired of his interpretations of heroes. Somehow they all end up being really similar to one another.

I was thinking the same thing.

I'm hoping that Johns will have more control over this than Berlanti. Recently Berlanti has worked on Riverdale but he ended up being one of the producers and someone else on the show was in charge. Hopefully it will be the same here, he will only give his name and his money to the project. :woot:

Johns is good with the Titans. His run with the new age Titans (Tim, Connor, Cassie et al) was what got me into the team to begin with, since it was published when I was a teenager.

Then I worked backward into the classic New Teen Titans from there.

I look forward to watching this off of Exodus.

CBS, Warner Bros, etc are all too greedy to do a free version and want to steal Netflix's idea without understanding how come Netflix is successful.
Agreed
well I'm happy this is happening.

Why? None of Berlanti's shows are tied the DCEU.

Also, it would exclude a lot of characters (Dick since he's getting his movie, Barbara, etc).
I like it to be in the flarrowverse as well. it'll give another place to put Roy and wally as founder's. let them have develop without getting in the other shows which people are complainning about alot cause the writers gave them bad character traits. But I'll just wait and see how this turn's out I'm very happy they aren't waiting for your tv usual tv network people who been acting weird of late if they start complain they haven't ground that are loosing online service's like netflix's and there's like crave Tv stream service when do what do putting weird nights or bad slots.

I am all in with this streaming service. If I read this correctly, it sounds like a combination of Netflix with Marvel's Marvel Unlimited comic book service and if that's the case, then I love the idea.

While I am more excited about season 3 of Young Justice, I am looking forward to Titans, and am anxious to find out the line-up beyond Grayson, Starfire and Raven. I remember the TNT series was supposedly going to be Grayson/Barbara Gordon/Raven/Starfire/Hawk & Dove.An eventual link to the Arrowverse seems much more likely to me, even if it doesn't start out that way.

I don't see this having a connection to the films at all.
and I Do hope it's the same show runner they have planned from with gonna on TNT. I wanted that from start even when I was thinking it would end up on the Cw cause other tv networks runner are fickle and fair weather. And I really don't want Guggenheim over seeing it. ones how per show runner is enough series.

Last edited:
No talk about the supposed Dick Grayson short list?

Please include a Wonder Girl.....
xppl49.jpg
34fgtoj.jpg

There's a shortlist? I've only heard about the rumored lineup
well I know the actor that plays jason blossom on the show river dale (which I don't watch )wanted the role and I know the actor from supernatural that plays sam Jared you know his name (which confused me with the latter since he's in his 30's now and is technically too tall) want the role. but they stated they wanted the movie version night wing . that's the short list I know . it was for movie version not tv .

well I know the actor that plays jason blossom on the show river dale (which I don't watch )wanted the role and I know the actor from supernatural that plays sam Jared you know his name (which confused me with the latter since he's in his 30's now and is technically too tall) want the role. but they stated they wanted the movie version night wing . that's the short list I know . it was for movie version not tv .

Oh ok gotcha! I'm wondering when we'll get a confirmed lineup? Maybe at comic con? I mean we already know 4 of the characters so im genuinely curious who else makes the cut.

*crosses fingers for Blue Beetle and Static*

Can't wait until they announce the cast!! Exciting times for Titans fans that's for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"