WandaVision WandaVision General Discussion Thread

Is that all they won? None of the major awards despite being nominated for so many?

Ralph Boehner won an Emmy! but for Mare of Easttown

Elizabeth was just unlucky with how stacked the best actress category was and I'm afraid that's going to become the norm. I mean c'mon, Kate Winslet in Mares of Eastdown?

TV is justing going to be ultra competitive.

I was disappointed that Kathryn Hahn lost but I wasn't expecting Olsen or Bettany to win, or the show to win Best Limited Series. It's no different from the Oscars. They all have no problem nominating Marvel stuff and giving them technical awards, but when it comes to the major awards, forget it.

Marvel bias my foot. I loved all the takes on Twitter like 'No disrespect to Julianne Nicholson, but...' and so on. WandaVision was good, but it wasn't the greatest show to come out in 2021, and I know folks want their show to win all the awards, but WandaVision wasn't the only show to come out in 2021. It also wasn't even the best one, in my opinion. I mean, look at The Handmaid's Tale. That also gets tons of nominations, but next to no wins.

Like, did a section of Twitter watch any other TV shows?

I was disappointed that Kathryn Hahn lost but I wasn't expecting Olsen or Bettany to win, or the show to win Best Limited Series. It's no different from the Oscars. They all have no problem nominating Marvel stuff and giving them technical awards, but when it comes to the major awards, forget it.
Yeap. They do it to get people to watch because “it’s Marvel!” But don’t care to actually reward them.

Not a single additional award other than those announced the other day! :cmad: :argh:

Any other year WandaVision might have won. But I knew as soon as I saw The Queen's Gambit and Mare Of Easttown that nope, not this year. It still doesn't take away any of how good WandaVision was. It just was a stacked year.

Marvel bias my foot. I loved all the takes on Twitter like 'No disrespect to Julianne Nicholson, but...' and so on. WandaVision was good, but it wasn't the greatest show to come out in 2021, and I know folks want their show to win all the awards, but WandaVision wasn't the only show to come out in 2021. It also wasn't even the best one, in my opinion. I mean, look at The Handmaid's Tale. That also gets tons of nominations, but next to no wins.

Like, did a section of Twitter watch any other TV shows?
I have to agree with this. I thought I was the only one who felt that ultimately Disney was just thrown a massive bone with all the nominations for their shows (not talking about tech categories of course, where these shows are top notch compared to their competitors). I mean, come on.

The worst was Mando going 0 for 24. Ouch.
0? The Mandalorian was won 7 Emmys this year though (beating WandaVison's 3 wins). The worse was The Handmaid's Tale being nominated for 21 Emmys and winning nothing.

0? The Mandalorian was won 7 Emmys this year though (beating WandaVison's 3 wins). The worse was The Handmaid's Tale being nominated for 21 Emmys and winning nothing.
Huh....weird. I read somewhere that The Mandalorian and The Crown were tied with 24 nominations and that The Crown won 7 and Mando went 0 for.

Nevermind then.

They were technical Emmys a week earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"