• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Welcome to the 'Batman: The Brave and the Bold' Forum!

Mister J

Enlightened to the Great Darkness
Staff member
Reaction score

As you no doubt noticed by the new, shiny subforum, we've appropriated a section of Al Gore's Internet for the new animated series, Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

A little background info for those new to the party...

What in Bob Kane and Bill Finger's names are you babbling about, J?
Building on the iconic character of Batman, this latest interpretation of the classic Batman franchise finds Batman teaming up with heroes from across the DC Comics Universe, delivering nonstop action and adventure with a touch of comic relief in this new animated series.

Light in tone, Batman: The Brave and the Bold will introduce younger viewers to a famed hero while still offering plenty to excite diehard fans--the visual style of the series has been inspired by the look and feel of the work of ‘40s and ‘50s classic comic book Batman artists. Fans of all ages will cheer the caped crusader as he battles crime and injustice.

Best of all, Batman isn’t going at it alone! Blue Beetle, Green Arrow, Aquaman and countless others will get a chance to uphold justice alongside him. Though still based in Gotham City, the Caped Crusader will frequently find himself outside city limits, facing situations that are both unfamiliar and exhilarating. With formidable foes around every corner, Batman will still rely on his stealth, resourcefulness and limitless supply of cool gadgets to bring justice home!

Batman: The Brave and the Bold is a 30-minute animated action/adventure series from Warner Bros. Animation and based on the DC Comics’ character Batman, created by Bob Kane. The series is executive produced by Sam Register, and the producers are James Tucker and Linda M. Steiner. The series is based upon the popular DC Comics comic book characters and will air on Cartoon Network.
Hmm. That doesn't sound half bad. What characters will be featured?
So what does the show look like in action?

Bring on your impressions, things you'd like to see the show accomplish, the inevitable comparisons to Batman: The Animated Series (and The Batman :o) and all related banter as we check out the latest offering of Ol' Batsy.

As the incomparable Tone Lōc once remarked ...Let's Do It! :batman:

Unfortunately, I wont be able to see the show as I don't have cable. Do you suppose they might do like the "Heroes" website does and show episodes on the web that have already aired on TV?

BATMAN

The quick-thinking straight man in the action-packed and often hilarious world of The Brave and the Bold, Batman is relentless in his pursuit of justice and infinitely patient in his dealings with quirky guest stars and sidekicks. This Batman isn't the brooding Dark Knight we've come to know in recent years yet is equally fast with a dry joke or a flying Batarang.

AQUAMAN

Both valiant and vainglorious, Aquaman is the barrel-chested King of Atlantis and, in his own eyes, is as heroic as they come. Fearless and loyal, Aquaman is the first to answer when duty calls, and he relishes the glory of the fight. He has the disposition of a hearty Greek God and the ego and brawn to match.

GREEN ARROW

The expert marksman is as dedicated to competition as Batman is to the preservation of justice. Green Arrow never misses a chance to one-up his DC Super Hero compatriots (though never at the expense of the mission) and gets great pleasure out of stoking the fires of his perpetual rivalry with Batman. After all, it just makes them better heroes, right?

RED TORNADO

John Ulthoon lives in a suburban neighborhood, wears his slippers and robe when picking up the morning paper, and has a respectable job as the Professor of Archeology at the local community college. He's also a robot. His suburban veneer, of course, is a cover for his hero alter ego Red Tornado. In Batman, he sees not only a partner, but also someone who can teach him more about humanity, of which he strives to both understand and be a part.

BLUE BEETLE

El Paso, Texas native Jaime Reyes thought the closest he would ever get to Batman was the posters adorning his walls, but when a mysterious alien technology turned him into the hero Blue Beetle, the fanboy's wildest dreams became a reality. Jaime can't help but tackle every mission with wide-eyed wonder and brings a youthful buoyancy to even the toughest fights.

PLASTIC MAN

Reformed petty thief Eel O'Brian got a second lease on life as a ductile detective working at Batman's side. The rubbery shape-shifter is part one-man comedy show, part malleable merchant of justice, doling out wisecracks and hard knocks with haphazard glee. And while the call of cash still rings in his ears, the little Batman on his shoulder yells much louder...

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I wont be able to see the show as I don't have cable. Do you suppose they might do like the "Heroes" website does and show episodes on the web that have already aired on TV?
I wasn't aware CN did this sort of thing, but they do have something called Cartoon Network Video that lists the ability to watch full-length episodes. All that's available now is a two minute preview to the first episode, but if this thing holds, I imagine it would update shortly after the first ep. The link is below.

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/video/dlink/index.html

I disagree, I think it looks fine. I realise that it may not be for everyone, but for it's intended audience, it looks better than most shows for kids, although it's kinda hard to tell from a two minute preview.

Nice J!! Was hoping this would get it's own section, and not just be a thread in the Misc. Tv forum.

I like what they are doing with this show. Making it in a comedic form, but also keeping the action/detective aspects of Batman. The animation/style is what really got me excited. I love that old 70s/80s look of him, and so far, the othe characters look good too.

Deidrick Badger wouldn't have been my first choice, but Andrea Romano has never let me down. I've only heard the one line from the show, so I can't really tell how well I'll enjoy his voice performance. Can't wait for the show!!:woot:

Yeah... bout time this got it's own sub-forum.:oldrazz:

Looking forward to this quite a bit now!!

I can't wait for the Plastic Man appearances :)

I actually think the whole point of this series is just to showcase the lesser known heroes so they can start spawning more franchises from them

Yeah, Superman will NOT be making appearances in the initial 26 episodes... nor Wonder Woman.

Ya, I think they wanted to try this with Justice League Infinite or whatever that shows name was called but the DC all-stars were taking all the spot light defeating their intention of introducing new characters to the public in order to gauge what to invest in.

I wish they'd rerun this show more because I missed last nights episode and don't see it schelduled for the next 3 or 4 days. Boo cartoon network!

I wish they'd rerun this show more because I missed last nights episode and don't see it schelduled for the next 3 or 4 days. Boo cartoon network!
Sorry to hear. I rather enjoyed the second show for what it offered.

If it's any help, it reruns on Saturday morning around 10:30 0r 9:30 a.m. depending on your region. :cwink:

Sorry to hear. I rather enjoyed the second show for what it offered.

If it's any help, it reruns on Saturday morning around 10:30 0r 9:30 a.m. depending on your region. :cwink:

Thanks for the heads up but it looks like my only chance to see it is on friday night at either 7:00 or 10:00pm. I'll have to try not to fall asleep this time though. :)

GAH!

I don't have Cartoon Network how do I get to watch the episodes?

is there a web-a-site for 'em?

I done did try Cartoon Network dot-ah com and I get nothing

I even done did try the DC cartoon website and also came up with did done nothin'

any other leads?

This show compared to Clone Wars is nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"