What Was the Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Batman: Death in the Family

Warner's first interactive movie* is a retelling of the 2010 movie Batman: Under the Red Hood - but with the viewer making choices at key points, and deciding how the story plays out. For example, where Jason Todd dies in the explosion in the original, the viewer here gets three options; 'Robin cheats death', 'Batman saves Robin', and 'Robin dies'. If you choose 'Robin dies' you get an abbreviated version of the Under the Red Hood movie. If you choose 'Robin cheats death', he survives the explosion, and if you choose 'Batman saves Robin' Batman gets him out of the warehouse before the explosion. Those last two each lead to a completely new series of events, with the 'Batman saves Robin' option having the longest, most interesting story, with more 'branch points' as it develops (some going where you'd never expect, with real surprise twists and turns).

Bruce Greenwood and John DiMaggio return as Batman and Joker, and are fantastic (DiMaggio absolutely nails Joker here). Jensen Ackles doesn't voice Jason Todd this time (perhaps because he was lined up as the new DC Universe movies Batman), but Vincent Martella, (who played younger Jason in Under the Red Hood) does return and voices Jason/Red Hood throughout. We also get prominent appearances by Talia al Ghul, Two-Face, and Jim Gordon, plus many cameos. Animation is good to very good (the material reproduced from Under the Red Hood looking the best). I've played all seven (apparently) scenarios through at least twice and can still see myself coming back to it.

This also includes four Showcase shorts; Death, The Phantom Stranger, Sgt. Rock, and Adam Strange. I found Adam Strange the weakest, whilst Sgt. Rock and The Phantom Stranger are enjoyable horror yarns. But Death is hands down the greatest animation, from any company, I have ever seen. Heartwarming and heartbreaking at the same time, it's worth the cost of the Blu-ray on its own. See it if you can.

Overall, Batman: Death in the Family gets 9/10

*Interactive version is Blu-ray only.

In theatres: Malignant (last movie I'll see in theatres for a long time until they do away with the bogus checking for vaccination)

Last movie watched, period: The Town (Great film; Ben Affleck can direct).

I love the original, but I've never seen that version. Is it any good?
Yeah. I’m a die hard fan of the original, so I was very skeptical. This one is very good thanks to a terrific cast. Anton Yelchin is great. It’s truly sad that he’s gone. The movie is much more Charlie-centric than the original and Peter Vincent isn’t in it nearly as much. But Yelchin is so charismatic and Charlie is so well written that I didn’t even notice the lack of the Peter Vincent character until he showed up.

Really enjoyed this!
MV5BN2IyYzI4YmQtNzBmMi00Mjg3LWI4NTMtNmZjNjk3YjIwZmJhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_.jpg

batman1.jpg

batman%20mask.jpg

Last edited:
Barb and Star Go to Vista Del Mar (2021)
Breaking News in Yuba County (2021)

Virtuosity [1995]
220px-Virtuosity_ver2.jpg

First time watching this movie and gotta say that Russell Crowe's character in it had me imagining him as the Joker, especially since he wore a purple suit at one point in the movie. Nothing against Heath Ledger's Joker at all, but dang now I'm wondering how TDK might have been with Crowe as the Joker, or even Keaton's Batman 1989 (although he would've been a bit young against Keaton at the time).

Never would've imagined Crowe as the Joker before I saw this movie, but dang he was pretty much pitch-perfect in a Joker-like persona.

Don't Breathe 2

.....or breathe if you want to

PRAISE : Old man Norman Nordstrom is back and people come by his place pestering him again, wanting something he has. High praise to Stephen Lang for completely throwing himself into the role.
The whole kid in peril factor worked for me. There are some great and creative kills. The violence is dwelling and intense ....so not for those that are faint of the heart.
Also nice jump scares.

PROBLEMS: The motives of a couple of characters was ultra predictable and so was the ending. It felt like the suspense that was so off the charts great in the first movie was sacrificed for more gore and destruction in this sequel.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 6½

Cry Macho

Twilight for a cowboy

PRAISE : Its still fun to watch Clint Eastwood be gruff,dole out insults,one liners and poetic lines about life in this story about a onetime rodeo star and washed-up horse breeder, in 1978, takes a job from an ex-boss to bring the man's young son home and away from his alcoholic mom.
Eastwood still has a great eye for beauty, western culture and the cowboy way.
He and Eduardo Minett as Rafael "Rafo" Polkplay well together.
Rafo is street smart with a good sense of humor but there is a sadness to him and all of the aforementioned make him a likeable character.
There are a couple of nice touches Eastwood and writers Nick Schenk and N. Richard Nash
add to Mike Milo to make him more realistic.
I enjoyed the really beautiful and quiet performances in the film particularly from Natalia Traven as Marta Dwight Yoakam once again place a jerk to a T but this time with some heart.

PROBLEMS: The film goes down some clichéd road trip paths.It does slow down some here and there .Definitely not as strong or involving as some of Eastwood's previous films.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 7½

RgGy64YfhiVv4uxzxMY6w7ZpYvwaSsGkUlt0Jw6CON1yRQMAvPhpclsngwcLX4ZykgXyvrRmVpdbSFFVCYiNPUwSixLLQUR0OtWo7F5iEM4QSSXBcBiRRBeBjYcEiPYNxV1ADcKobdbhOCO0wYdwd7kbrHgMzihtUhMG3w

I watched it last night so now I've officially seen every James Cameron film with the exceptions of Piranha II: The Spawning (which I don't think even HE wants anyone to see) and the documentary Aliens of the Deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"