The Amazing Spider-Man Who should compose the score for the reboot?

Spider-Man score needs to be something memorable. When we hear we know it's Spider-Man

Spider-Man score needs to be something memorable. When we hear we know it's Spider-Man

Like I said, revell could do this. although, even still, I cannot imagine not hearing elfman or young's themes..:o

Like I said, revell could do this. although, even still, I cannot imagine not hearing elfman or young's themes..:o
Yeah, it's going to be odd not hearing Elfman's theme. Elfman's theme was purely amazing. I wonder who will score this? Maybe someoen similar in style?

The more i think about Elfmans score, the more i hate it. Surely they knew this sounded like Batmans'..but used it anyway. :down

Spidey needs his own score.

I never understood why some say that Elfman's Spidey material is too similar to his Batman stuff.

That's kinda like saying that Williams' Jurassic Park work is too similar to his Star Wars compositions. :dry:

My Top 3 Suggestions:
1. John Powell:The Bourne Identity/Supremacy/Ultimatum, Jumper, Hancock, X-Men: The Last Stand
2. Michael Giacchino: Cloverfield, Star Trek, Mission: Impossible III
3. Harry Gregson-Williams: X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Metal Gear Solid 2/3/4, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

I never understood why some say that Elfman's Spidey material is too similar to his Batman stuff.

That's kinda like saying that Williams' Jurassic Park work is too similar to his Star Wars compositions. :dry:

I get that composers have a similar style for all their scores

horner's avatar/troy score is VERY similar

however elfman should have made more of an effect to make spidey's score more unique, its slightly gothic and whilst that works for batman it doesn't spidey at all. young did a much better job with the time he had on spidey.

I hear VERY little batman in spider-man. Like the penguin's theme sounds an awfult lot like goblins, and spidey's a bit like bats...very little....but other than that, nothing. and I listen to film scores religiously.

I get that composers have a similar style for all their scores

horner's avatar/troy score is VERY similar

however elfman should have made more of an effect to make spidey's score more unique, its slightly gothic and whilst that works for batman it doesn't spidey at all. young did a much better job with the time he had on spidey.

A) Horner copies himself in every single score. I can hear willow & Jumanji in "the pagemaster". no matter what Horner OST you hear, you're bound to go "hey, this sounds like his...."

B) which pisses me off even more that the SM3 score isn't released:cmad:

What do you guys think about no score for the Spider-Man reboot? What if they went the 500 Days of Summer route and used different songs during different parts of the film? I think it would be very unique, and it would differentiate it from most comic book movies, as well as Raimi's Spider-Man. And for Sony, it would probably be cheaper than hiring a composer.

No we need a Score... a MEMORABLE One like Elfman's Batman, Williams Star Wars Etc.

What do you guys think about no score for the Spider-Man reboot? What if they went the 500 Days of Summer route and used different songs during different parts of the film? I think it would be very unique, and it would differentiate it from most comic book movies, as well as Raimi's Spider-Man. And for Sony, it would probably be cheaper than hiring a composer.

You mean like Daredevil did? It also got beat up by the critics for doing so.

No we need a Score... a MEMORABLE One like Elfman's Batman, Williams Star Wars Etc.

Everything Williams did was memorable.

Jurassic Park
Jaws
Star Wars
Superman
Indiana Jones

That's who we need.

Either him or Jack Wall.

Still think Michael Giacchino would do a brilliant job.

He defintely has it in him to make a memorable and audacious score.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"