The Amazing Spider-Man Who should compose the score for the reboot?

Despite negative opinions of the Elfman score, there's a generation of kids that will hear it and immediately associate it with Spider-Man. There have been instances where some have even said that Batman was a precursor to the Spider-Man score.

Something to chew on.

I feel John Williams should give it a go. Base it with tones from the 60's theme. Not to say he would cover it. If some of you remember, his Superman theme was 'inspired' by the early cartoons. So, the same spirit as that.

groan...I guess with the 80m budget that IS a factor.

"Groan?" You listened to the second link I posted? There is no way you could of listened to the second post and still have that kind of attitude.

Despite negative opinions of the Elfman score, there's a generation of kids that will hear it and immediately associate it with Spider-Man. There have been instances where some have even said that Batman was a precursor to the Spider-Man score.

Something to chew on.

I feel John Williams should give it a go. Base it with tones from the 60's theme. Not to say he would cover it. If some of you remember, his Superman theme was 'inspired' by the early cartoons. So, the same spirit as that.

damnit, I know i'm not the only one who liked elfman's music

John Powell is a nice suggestion. The scores he did for the Bourne movies were very intense, fun, catchy and exciting. That's exactly what I think would be good for a Spider-Man film. I could definitely picture him doing a good job. And what else did he do? Jumper? So he has experience with action films.

What about John Ottman? He did the scores for X2, Superman Returns and both Fantastic Four films, so he has experience the superhero genre. He's also done stuff like Gothika, House of Wax and Halloween H20, so he can do different things and his scores are pretty good. Seems to prove that he can do action and suspense, which there will surely be a lot of in the film.

What do you guys think about no score for the Spider-Man reboot? What if they went the 500 Days of Summer route and used different songs during different parts of the film? I think it would be very unique, and it would differentiate it from most comic book movies, as well as Raimi's Spider-Man. And for Sony, it would probably be cheaper than hiring a composer.

Having now seen 500 Days of Summer, I could see this working out. Marc Webb managed to pick an absolutely perfect soundtrack for every scene in the film. Overlooking the possibility of dating the film, it might be a very good move, so long as Sony doesn't put any pressure to shove in overplayed contemporary alternative like Nickelback or Linkin Park...

Why not just have Danny Elfman do a new score?

Then again it could sound too similar to the previous films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"