The Amazing Spider-Man Who should compose the score for the reboot?

Anyone who hasn't scored the Spider-Man movies thus far. Especially, NO Danny Elfman, what would be the point of a reboot if we're getting the same old tired ass Elfman music, that he's been regurgitating for 20 years?
Love Hanz Zimmer!
Me too. There's a ton of great composers out there, I hope Sony actually wants something totally different from the previous films' score.

Last edited:
QFT

they should get the 60's theme tune and and basically take the general outline but make it more epic like what they did with TIH, they took the 70's theme tune (the somber piano) and made it into an epic score.

elfman should be no where NEAR spider-man again, he had his chance and blew it

Word.

Michael. Giacchino.

I love me some Zimmer, but whomever thinks he needs to score a spidey movie I get a big :facepalm: to you

the synths work for Batman, but DEFIANTLY not spider-man

He scored Ang Lee's Hulk and it didn't sound epic or heroic.

the ironic thing is ang lee was over his shoulder saying 'too elfman, too elfman' forcing elflman to change his style. makes you wonder why lee hired him in the first place.

James Horner
or John Williams

That's it.

I have to say, I'm growing a little tired of the monopoly that the Media Ventures/Remote Control composers (such as Zimmer) have on summer blockbusters (as good as their material can be). So no to them. Since this reboot will have mostly new blood, we need someone that really deserves more exposure.

Thus, I suggest Graeme Ravell (sp?). I liked the grungy, urban atmosphere he created with his Daredevil score, and I think something like that could work well for Spidey.

dude, his street fighter score is EPIC. I would actually like to see what he could do, might get me interested again.

dude, his street fighter score is EPIC. I would actually like to see what he could do, might get me interested again.
Indeed it was epic. The best thing about that whole movie, other than Raul Julia as Bison ("OF COURSE!" :awesome:).

Did you know he also scored the original Power Rangers movie? It was good, though as a kid I was a little disappointed Ravell didn't weave in a grand orchestral treatment of "Go Go Power Rangers!"

Indeed it was epic. The best thing about that whole movie, other than Raul Julia as Bison ("OF COURSE!" :awesome:).

Did you know he also scored the original Power Rangers movie? It was good, though as a kid I was a little disappointed Ravell didn't weave in a grand orchestral treatment of "Go Go Power Rangers!"

GAME OVER! Tbh, for what it is, I kinda like that movie:o

I love me some revell:awesome: and not up until...a couple months ago...it's in my itunes:woot:

I love me some Zimmer, but whomever thinks he needs to score a spidey movie I get a big :facepalm: to you

the synths work for Batman, but DEFIANTLY not spider-man
Agreed. I have to say, Elfman's style was perfect for these films.

Giacchino's the best suggestion I've heard thus far.

In a perfect world, either; Alan Silvestri or John Williams.

Danny Elfman or Christopher Young.

I want the same title credits music. I want to keep all the music the same.
That won't happen, nor should it. That;s like saying they should have used the 90s animated series theme for Raimi' movies.

My List :

1.Atticus Ross
2.James Newton Howard
3.Don Davis
4.Howard Shore
5.John Du Prez

Ramin Djawadi! He did the first Iron Man movie!

I think that the reboot should definitely add some rock elements in the score.

I'd like to see what Yann Tiersen would do to make an epic superhero score, but that's a long shot. So I'll say Hans Zimmer. His soundtracks perfectly capture their titular characters, from the screeching violins of the Joker to the strange banjo riffs of Mr. Sherlock Holmes. It's always new and interesting.

Hm ... Not Elfman or Young. I didn't dislike their work AT ALL for the previous trilogy, but I just think that we need new music for a new series of movies.

There isn't a composer who I specifically want for these movies. I'm open-minded at this point.

I'm gonna go with Milu on the Graeme Revell vote. If anyone hasn't heard his stuff, check out his Daredevil & Street Fighter scores - he can do action and moody tones..here's some of his street fighter OST from my youtube :

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MC8I87-jHSI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MC8I87-jHSI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JDCGljo_Ebo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JDCGljo_Ebo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

Last edited:
Who should compose the score for the reboot?

B000066SK6.jpg

Here are some of my picks:

Michael Giacchino

Any suggestion on who should be in charge of this hefty duty?

My List :

1.Atticus Ross
2.James Newton Howard
3.Don Davis
4.Howard Shore
5.John Du Prez
Looked into him and
Add him to my list :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"