WiiU - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nintendo just needs to find a way to take the magic that they captured with the 3DS and bring it to the WiiU.

Easy to say, but the markets and competition is an entirely different beast.

Nintendo just needs to find a way to take the magic that they captured with the 3DS and bring it to the WiiU.
I did say the same thing, Iwata really wanted the 3Ds saved and he put all of his focus and passion on it. As I said in the now closed thread it's time for him to focus on the WiiU now that the 3D's is doing fine. If he can't move from there then put some one with the same passion he had to save the WiiU as he did with the 3D's.

Last edited:
In the end, though, didn't the 3DS just need a price cut? Will a price cut, even a big one, save the Wii U in the same way? I don't know, based on the sales numbers I'm not sure. I'm sure it'll spike, but like the GC $99.99 deal, it may not make a real dent in the long run.

More then a price cut is needed. A price cut will help, but there's marketing and alot more needs to be done. some one needs to be on that the way Iwata fought for the 3d's

Last edited:
Well, some good games would go a long way.

They're just sitting on several franchises.

There's always the nuclear option - a real Pokémon game.

A legit console Pokemon game would make Nintendo kings of the consoles again. Everyone and their ****ing mother want it.

I think Nintendo is saving that idea for an emergency (i.e. if they go into a total nosedive).

I'm sure the new Zelda will revitalize the Wii U. Plus they've got that Mario game. Doesn't look like it's on par with Galaxy, but Mario is always a winner.

It's always been a wonder to me why they haven't done that yet. I'm guessing it has something to do with Game Freak wanting to keep the primary series on the handheld. It's really the only explanation I can think of.

Zelda and Mario will certainly keep Nintendo alive, but I agree that a console Pokemon game would be the doomsday option.

I think Nintendo is saving that idea for an emergency (i.e. if they go into a total nosedive).

Have you seen the sales numbers for the Wii U? The nose dived.

I'm sure the new Zelda will revitalize the Wii U. Plus they've got that Mario game. Doesn't look like it's on par with Galaxy, but Mario is always a winner.

Well, I think it's less exciting because it's basically a remake of a 3DS game, if I understand correctly. Bringing out true iterations of the tired and true will help, definitely.

A legit console Pokemon game would make Nintendo kings of the consoles again. Everyone and their ****ing mother want it.

I don't recall exactly where I heard or read it, but basically the article stated that the Pokemon franchise (as far as actual RPGs) was to remain on handhelds, no consoles.

Duke: And that's their loss. I've long advocated having a unique Pokémon Console Game on Wii U. It would be different from the handhelds to protect them while also being a true console experience.

My idea is called Pokémon World.

I feel like it has to be an issue with Game Freak more than Nintendo itself. I can't imagine Nintendo cutting that option out entirely. It makes no sense.

Have you seen the sales numbers for the Wii U? The nose dived.

Well, I think it's less exciting because it's basically a remake of a 3DS game, if I understand correctly. Bringing out true iterations of the tired and true will help, definitely.

Maybe, but they'll be doing a lot worse when the PS4 and Xbone hit the market. If Zelda and Mario don't save the day, then they'll pull that trump card.

I'm sure there's a rule that they want to save Pokémon for the handheld, but if the Wii U is on the verge of becoming this generation's Dreamcast, they'll say to hell with that, and finally make a console game.

Oh, it won't be this generation's Dreamcast. The Dreamcast killed an already struggling first party company. I mentioned this before, but Nintendo isn't even close to that same boat that Sega was at this point.

I agree, but the PS4 and the Xbone aren't out yet. Unless Nintendo pulls it together, it could get ugly.

Still, it wouldn't be the first time Mario and Link save a console.

Isn't that over dependence on "Mario and Link" the very thing people are dumping on them for? Any way I hope they do pull out of it, with those two or with some thing new.

Isn't that over dependence on "Mario and Link" the very thing people are dumping on them for? Any way I hope they do pull out of it, with those two or with some thing new.

Well, they should do more with the other franchises, but it's like DC with Batman. Plus, if the games are good, or even great (been a while since we had a great Zelda), I won't be complaining.

Oh, it won't be this generation's Dreamcast. The Dreamcast killed an already struggling first party company. I mentioned this before, but Nintendo isn't even close to that same boat that Sega was at this point.
Not Dreamcast in the sense that it will kill Nintendo, but Dreamcast in that Nintendo will be forced to kill it. In that sense I guess it would be more like a Saturn

Those are the two franchises that people who buy or would buy a Nintendo console flock to. People that will use a Nintendo console as their backup, will use it for those and then put it away until another game featuring them is released.

Not Dreamcast in the sense that it will kill Nintendo, but Dreamcast in that Nintendo will be forced to kill it. In that sense I guess it would be more like a Saturn.

Oh yeah, I can see that then.

Wouldn't the Wii U be more comparable to the Sega Saturn? Everyone keeps calling the Wii U the next Dreamcast...except the Dreamcast never had it as bad as the Saturn, and if the Wii U fails, you know Nintendo will still come out with a newer system, much like how the Saturn failing just lead to another system. Plus Nintendo's mistakes with the Wii U are far more comparable to Sega's mistakes with the Saturn; Sega really didn't make any major mistakes with the Dreamcast. It was just too little too late for it.

The Nintendo system that leads Nintendo out of the hardware market will be their "Dreamcast", and that's not the Wii U. They will have another system.

Wouldn't the Wii U be more comparable to the Sega Saturn? Everyone keeps calling the Wii U the next Dreamcast...except the Dreamcast never had it as bad as the Saturn, and if the Wii U fails, you know Nintendo will still come out with a newer system, much like how the Saturn failing just lead to another system. Plus Nintendo's mistakes with the Wii U are far more comparable to Sega's mistakes with the Saturn; Sega really didn't make any major mistakes with the Dreamcast. It was just too little too late for it.

The Nintendo system that leads Nintendo out of the hardware market will be their "Dreamcast", and that's not the Wii U. They will have another system.
thats what I said above

IDA with your final statement. The Wii U could very well end up being Nintendo's final home console. They wont be completely out of the hardware market bc they have the 3DS and the handheld space but if the Wii U doesnt improve, they may just call it quits and focus on what actually works for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"