WiiU - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm almost tempted to give up getting the gold on Special Cup. I've gone through it five times now, and I always get ****ed on Rainbow Road. I do good on all the other tracks, but I can never get a solid placing on it. Always screws up my points to where I miss the gold by just a point or two. Frustrating as ****

I downloaded it & its not showing up in either the Wii U menu or the Wii menu

Do you have Spotpass enabled? I think I actually didn't even download it, it just downloaded to my Wii U by itself.

Oh yeah, Nintendo PR is saying that MK8 sold 1.2 million copies over the weekend. Considering the low user base of the Wii U, that is a fantastic number. I honestly wasn't expecting that much so quickly. Crazy how much selling power MK still has

Nintendo should take note and make Mario Kart a launch title for the next console. That's probably what has hurt them the most their past releases. Twilight Princess was probably a large reason why the Wii sold as well as it did. The WiiU didn't have a strong launch lineup nor did the Gamecube.

Nintendo should take note and make Mario Kart a launch title for the next console. That's probably what has hurt them the most their past releases. Twilight Princess was probably a large reason why the Wii sold as well as it did. The WiiU didn't have a strong launch lineup nor did the Gamecube.

Highly doubt it. I mean, it probably got some of the core Nintendo fans there right out of the gate, but in general, I think it was the novelty of the system with addition to the cheap price that was a much bigger factor. Plus, TP was on the GC, so that probably undercut some of the Wii sales.

While I think the idea of MK as a launch is good. I think situations like this show that the series is going to do well no matter where it's launched or on what system. If anything, I think that guarntees Nintendo will take their time on the entries and release them when they're ready.

Also, finally got the gold on 100cc special cup. Yay. I really hate Rainbow Road. On to 150cc.

Only reason I bought a Wii was because of Twilight Princess. I'm sure the console would have done alright without it (no lack of good games), but a killer app launch title is a killer app launch title.

I didn't buy a Gamecube until three years after its debut. But that was arguably my least favorite Nintendo console, mainly because of the weak launch titles.

The console would've been fine without it. All it needed was Wii Sports

Finally got a gold star in everything. 50CC-Mirror Cup. This game is incredibly aggravating. The AI sure does love it's pinpoint green shell accuracy.

Yeah, I think I get hit with green shells more than anything. And if I happen to throw a green shell, it always misses the person, bounces off the wall, and then hits me.

Death to the green shells! :argh:

The Green shells in this game are the stuff of nightmares. I'm definitely never playing 150CC again.

Any tips for 150cc? I got through 100cc fairly well, but I find myself fighting just to get to 4th or 5th place. I don't remember the jump being so drastic in previous MKs I played (but that has been a long time). It's not even an item issue. I mean, there's that, but I just can't seem to capture the lead.

Also, Shy Guy is the funniest thing ever

Basically, you have to get all the boosts: starting boost, collision boost, jump boost, coin boosts, drift boost, etc. Know your shortcuts, and get lucky with items.

For me, if I get hit once in 150, I can never recover to anything above 4th. It sucks, cause once I'm far behind, I never get any useful items. I always get coins or bananas when I get knocked down. I still haven't gotten a blue shell, the boomerangs, the plant, lightning, bullet bill, crazy 8, star or the golden mushroom. I mainly get coins, bananas and green shells. I rarely get red shells and the horn. That's all I've gotten.

How do you get the starting boost?

But I hear you about the items. I've got a star and the crazy 8 once, but the majority of time it's just the lame ****. I mean, it's not that I hate the two coin boost or bananas, but goddamn.

The starting boost is you don't accelerate until the 2 is about to drop in the countdown. If you do it too soon, you'll spin out. It's not hard to do at all.

Oh, talking about boosts. I'm seeing a lot of people doing like jumps and boosting. How do you do that?

As you go over a ramp, press the jump button. You can even do it over the bumps from the Monty Moles in some levels.

The Time Trials are impossible. Anyone had any luck?

Is this like ya'lls first Mario Kart game? You guys know about grinding and drifting right?

I've played every MK since the SNES days, except for MK Wii.

And what do you mean by grinding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"