WiiU - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played some at Target on my lunch a minute ago. Chose Larry Koopa, which is awesome that you get to choose any of the 8 Koopalings. Fun as hell, man.

Got my Wii U online & updating right now. How do we redeem the free game with Mario Kart 8 ? There seems to be no codes or anything

You have to create a club Nintendo account on their website. After you do that, there's a pin # in your game case, that you put into your club Nintendo account, and after it's verified, they send you the code.

Once you get the code, go to the eshop menu in your Wii U, and go to the redeem code button and put it in and DL.

Here's the steps for your Wii U that'll make it more clear:

1. In the HOME Menu, choose the "Wii Menu" icon.
  2. In the Wii Menu, tap the "Wii Shop Channel" icon.
  3. Choose "Start Shopping," then tap "Settings and Features."
  4. Roll down to "Wii Download Ticket," and choose it.
  5. Tap the box and use the virtual keypad to put in the Wii Download Ticket number then press "OK."
  6. Press "Redeem," then "OK," then "Now" to download the game.

Ahh, Mario Kart. Is there as fun a game that produces as much anger/swearing? Loving it so far, working hard to unlock all the characters. Need to get my roomates involve to unlock the cart parts.

Also, I remember now why I dread going to Gamestop.

• Live Stream – Mario Kart 8

news
    on May 30, 2014 at 11:48 AM
    cafe-icon.png

Mario Kart 8 released today, and in honor of the event, we'll be live streaming the game later today at 4 p.m. CT.
    ... more
  • source:GI

You have to create a club Nintendo account on their website. After you do that, there's a pin # in your game case, that you put into your club Nintendo account, and after it's verified, they send you the code.

Once you get the code, go to the eshop menu in your Wii U, and go to the redeem code button and put it in and DL.

Here's the steps for your Wii U that'll make it more clear:

1. In the HOME Menu, choose the "Wii Menu" icon.
  2. In the Wii Menu, tap the "Wii Shop Channel" icon.
  3. Choose "Start Shopping," then tap "Settings and Features."
  4. Roll down to "Wii Download Ticket," and choose it.
  5. Tap the box and use the virtual keypad to put in the Wii Download Ticket number then press "OK."
  6. Press "Redeem," then "OK," then "Now" to download the game.

Where exactly is the pin number in the case ? In the game case there is a little booklet

Just got the game an hour ago. Love it love it love it. The graphics are amazing! I'm incredibly happy. So great that I now can play Wii U games on my Wii U. What a concept!

So it looks like my game did not come with anything that says Pin Number on it. So gonna have to call Nintendo. I did get a Club Nintendo insert thingy. But nothing says Pin Number on it

The Club Nintendo insert in the case has the PIN at the bottom of it. Mine has it.

It's a reddish insert with a girl
Playing on the game pad. Below is the PIN number.

I did some digging & this is what I found

I can't find my PIN Number

The PIN is located on a separate card that is included with individually packaged copies of Mario Kart 8.

Please note that a PIN is not included in the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Set bundle. If you have purchased the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Set bundle, your game will be automatically registered when you link the Wii U system to your Club Nintendo account. How to

I did purchase the Deluxe Set Bundle. So that explains why no insert. But I still can not download anything. Even after registering & linking my account. So I will just have to call tomorrow

I think Nintendo will bring the Gamecube games to the Wii U eventually. Wind Waker did well, true it was an HD rerelease, but it doesn't cost Nintendo much to bring these games to the Wii U, and they need the money.

So what are you guys thinking about MK? I love it! I've only been able to complete the 50cc, but I played a lot with my little niece and nephew. They love it, too.

So what are you guys thinking about MK? I love it! I've only been able to complete the 50cc, but I played a lot with my little niece and nephew. They love it, too.

My thumbs hurt. The extra pressure doesn't actually make the kart go faster...

I love it. 150CC is the biggest bunch of ******** ever though. It's impossible. That rubberbanding is a nightmare

Also, the damn Club Nintendo site has been down all day yesterday and it's still down today. Can't register my game, or get my download code. Nintendo has yet to prepare any of their servers for launch day traffic.

I just got my download code today & I am enjoying the game. Although people seem to miss Coin Runners

This is the first MK I've played in awhile (skipped MK7 and only played a little of Wii). So, it's still relatively fresh and I'm enjoying myself. Been playing 100cc on single player, pretty easy for the most part. I gold trophied all of the levels except for the Leaf cup, in which a CPU got that lightening bolt thing three times in a row and killed my score in the last round.

Played a little online. Man, you never realize how frustrating Mario Kart can be until you play with people. I was on the last lap in second place, right on the ass of first place. ****ing blue shell screwed us both, and ended up finishing in 6th place. **** the blue shell :cmad:

Yeah, online in MK DS and MK7 were always brutal. I never played MK Wii, so I'm not sure about it.

Is it me or is the turning in Mario Kart 8 a little bit weird

Is there another game to discuss?

Oh, the motorcycles are horrible, but the karts feel fine.

One thing I don't like about this version, is the shells can still get you when you're gliding. You could avoid them in MK7. It's very frustrating, cause you're helpless, as you can't use any items if you're gliding...plus it knocks you off, and you have to get reset. It's just infuriating, and I don't know why they implemented that.

Oh, and do the green shells feel off to you guys? There's a huge delay when you try to throw them.

I really want to play this. Is it a lot better than the wii version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"