WiiU - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, and do the green shells feel off to you guys? There's a huge delay when you try to throw them.

Green Shells seem more powerful than ever to me. I keep getting ruined by them

Oh, the motorcycles are horrible, but the karts feel fine.

One thing I don't like about this version, is the shells can still get you when you're gliding. You could avoid them in MK7. It's very frustrating, cause you're helpless, as you can't use any items if you're gliding...plus it knocks you off, and you have to get reset. It's just infuriating, and I don't know why they implemented that.

Oh, and do the green shells feel off to you guys? There's a huge delay when you try to throw them.

Wait, can you not? I know you can't use some of them, but I could've sworn I've used some items while gliding.
Is there another game to discuss?

ibsVbtEkwR6aD7.gif

But seriously, huh? It just came out Friday, is it weird that it's being discussed?

I just picked up Mario Kart 8, will be sitting down hopefully this afternoon to play.

Have any of you guys got Wii Sports Club working ?

What do you mean? I downloaded it when it first came out and it gave me an automatic trial. Haven't bought any of the sports outright, though.

Yeah kinda. The motorcycles don't turn worth a **** anymore, especially on the heavyweight classes

Their drifting/turning definitely feels different. Mario Kart Wii, you could make a lot of tight turns with them. There's one level that has 2 very tight turns (about 90 degrees) that were hard but would have been easy on the Wii version.

I feel like the heavy weight characters are much more playable though. In Double Dash, if you took a hit, you'd easily go from 1st to 7th.

The drifting feels very odd to me, and is a reason why I don't like the motorcycles.

I haven't unlocked every character yet, but I have most of them now. My favorite is Waluigi or Shy Guy. I've tried just about all of them that I have. I'm kinda bummed with how many princess they have in this game. If they wanted more female characters, I would've preferred different characters altogether, instead of having 8 different princess clones.

Where the **** is Pauline and Captain Syrup, huh?

What do you mean? I downloaded it when it first came out and it gave me an automatic trial. Haven't bought any of the sports outright, though.

I downloaded it & its not showing up in either the Wii U menu or the Wii menu

Yeah, I'm not currently a fan of heavy characters on a motorcycle. Maybe I just need to mess around with the options a bit to find stats that feel better.

The drifting feels very odd to me, and is a reason why I don't like the motorcycles.

I haven't unlocked every character yet, but I have most of them now. My favorite is Waluigi or Shy Guy. I've tried just about all of them that I have. I'm kinda bummed with how many princess they have in this game. If they wanted more female characters, I would've preferred different characters altogether, instead of having 8 different princess clones.

This is the most disappointing character roster of the series. I can forgive the handheld versions due to hardware limitations, but I think they could have added a few more characters. At the very least, Metal Mario, Pink Gold Peach, and Baby Rosalina should not have replaced Bowser Jr, Diddy Kong, or King Boo.

I just played the demo at Target and was surprised at how many options they allowed you to have for a demo

This is the most disappointing character roster of the series. I can forgive the handheld versions due to hardware limitations, but I think they could have added a few more characters. At the very least, Metal Mario, Pink Gold Peach, and Baby Rosalina should not have replaced Bowser Jr, Diddy Kong, or King Boo.
Yup, I agree completely. And I'm loving this game so much, but there are definitely some things that I wish they didn't incorporate.

I know this is going to sound picky, because it kinda is, but I miss the platform celebration when you win a series. Now it's just MKTV highlights. I miss the platform trophies, where there's fireworks and confetti, and people are jumping up and down cheering. I know it's a tiny part of the game, but something like that goes a long way, and I do miss it.

I just got ****ed hard by the Club Nintendo website. It was finally up and working this morning, so I logged on to enter my PIN. After getting through the age, gender and DOB page, a page popped up that said "WHOOPS, an error has occured." I got redirected back to the homepage. I tried to enter my PIN again and it said the PIN was already redeemed. I got no points. I did not get the Wii U Promo game. I got ****ed. I love Nintendo, but they really cannot design anything online related at all. Period.

UPDATE: The Club Nintendo site said I have purchased MK8, and it gave me the free game, but no Club Nintendo points have been added to my account. WTF.

UPDATE #2: It gave me the points. It won't stop offering me the free games, after I already redeemed Wii Party U. I try and select a new game and an error comes up. Oh Nintendo.

Last edited:
Anyone finding it impossible to drive in this game? In order to win in 150CC you have to drive as fast as the game will allow, but I cannot take corners anymore. I hit the wall every time, even when I drift. It's pissing me off.

I haven't gotten to 150cc yet. I always start off with 50cc and work my way up, just because you have to complete all of them to unlock everything, so I might as well. I'm half way through the 100cc.

What's your guys favorite setup?

Mine is:

Waluigi
Bear Kart
Small tires
Cloud or Bowser glider

I just got ****ed hard by the Club Nintendo website. It was finally up and working this morning, so I logged on to enter my PIN. After getting through the age, gender and DOB page, a page popped up that said "WHOOPS, an error has occured." I got redirected back to the homepage. I tried to enter my PIN again and it said the PIN was already redeemed. I got no points. I did not get the Wii U Promo game. I got ****ed. I love Nintendo, but they really cannot design anything online related at all. Period.

UPDATE: The Club Nintendo site said I have purchased MK8, and it gave me the free game, but no Club Nintendo points have been added to my account. WTF.

UPDATE #2: It gave me the points. It won't stop offering me the free games, after I already redeemed Wii Party U. I try and select a new game and an error comes up. Oh Nintendo.

An FYI in case this happens again, call Nintendo's customer service. I've heard they're actually pretty helpful in resolving issues.

So my understanding is this. You already redeemed Wii Party U & you are trying to redeem another game. If its offering you another game then its a glitch. You only get one free game

So my understanding is this. You already redeemed Wii Party U & you are trying to redeem another game. If its offering you another game then its a glitch. You only get one free game

Yeah I know. It's an annoying glitch, because it pops up every time I log on.

Not gonna lie, I raged pretty hard last night.

I swear, if I get hit by one object, I have a 90% chance of getting hit by another 2-3 more objects before I can even recover from my first hit. MK7 online wasn't nearly this bad. I feel like I'm a shell magnet. :hehe:

Mario Kart 8 Boosts Wii U Sales By 666% In U.K.. June 2, 2014 . 9:00am

But how long will the effect last?

In the United Kingdom, Ubisoft’s new franchise, Watch_Dogs, took the top spot on the software sales chart following its release last week. Ubisoft have said that the game is its fastest-selling title ever.

Last week, Ubisoft announced that Watch_Dogs sold more than title in Ubisoft’s history in its first 24 hours of availability.

Meanwhile, Mario Kart 8 took the #2 spot on the U.K. charts, and boosted Wii U hardware sales by 666% according to GFK Chart-Track, the firm that tracks videogame sales in the United Kingdom. Chart-Track added that the Mario Kart 8 Wii U bundle accounted for 82% of Wii U sales for the week.

It remains to be seen how long the game’s effects on hardware sales will last, and how it has performed in other territories. We can expect to see sales figures for Mario Kart 8 in Japan this Wednesday, but U.S. sales figures won’t be available for another couple of weeks.

source:Siliconera

make a good third party
game ubisoft and it will sell. No short changing or making the price not worth it or you'll get what you deserve . sweet job with watch dog's and it's worth the buy. And it's cool that Mario cart is doing as it expected we don't have to here about how people know what the Wii U is in that little London town for a bit.

Last edited:
That's an oddly convenient number. Let's hope it doesn't backfire!

Great to hear the Wii U is picking up some sales steam. When are we gonna hear some numbers for North American hardware sales since MK8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"