Wonder Woman Rotten Tomatoes Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One should definitely put stock in the critics, because they are usually better judges at actual quality than biased fans. That said, the only reason no one should expect a critically acclaimed DC movie is because WB doesn't feel interested in actually putting the work into making one that's actually good. If they actually made a good one, it would get suitably acclaim. As is, they seem to be settling for being the next Transformers.

One should definitely put stock in the critics, because they are usually better judges at actual quality than biased fans. That said, the only reason no one should expect a critically acclaimed DC movie is because WB doesn't feel interested in actually putting the work into making one that's actually good. If they actually made a good one, it would get suitably acclaim. As is, they seem to be settling for being the next Transformers.

nope-timon.gif

I really want a DC movie to come out, and not create a giant controversy around it regarding critics/fans. That post Suicide Squad petition to shut down rotten tomatoes was cringe inducing to me.

I want Wonder Woman to be a movie everyone likes.

I really want a DC movie to come out, and not create a giant controversy around it regarding critics/fans. That post Suicide Squad petition to shut down rotten tomatoes was cringe inducing to me.

I want Wonder Woman to be a movie everyone likes.

I'd settle for "everyone agrees its basically okay", honestly. It can be a flawed, mediocre movie, as long as its not offensive against the spirit of the character, or a travesty of incompetence at film-making.

So, do you have an actual argument for why critics are worse judges of quality than fans?
Here's your argument in your own post :
I'd settle for "everyone agrees its basically okay", honestly. It can be a flawed, mediocre movie, as long as its not offensive against the spirit of the character, or a travesty of incompetence at film-making.
You just admitted they're giving higher scores to flawed, mediocre movies, just because they are "not offensive against the spirit of the character". You're also implying DCEU is being offensive and not true to their characters - another stupid and inaccurate statement.

No, its a statement you don't like. If you wish to argue its *false*, please bring some evidence, or a logical argument.

This would probably get a Rotten rating just like the last DC movies but we'll see.

Dude, they haven't even finished filming yet.

And I can't believe everyone here places so much emphasis on such a heavily flawed website (RT). These flaws have been demonstrated in this very thread.

Dude, Justice League is directed by the guy who also directed BvS and MOS. His track record is very bad. And I don't see why it would suddenly change next year.

Dude, Justice League is directed by the guy who also directed BvS and MOS. His track record is very bad. And I don't see why it would suddenly change next year.

I wouldn't go off track records of directors, if that was the case then Doctor Strange would've been rotten as well and WW should be a Fresh a rating. Anything can happen

MCU has a good track record though and Kevin Feige has a big role in all MCU films. It is not the first time a director with a so so track record, directed a MCU film that eventually got a fresh rating.

I want to believe. Trailer was good, and I'm cautiously optimistic about Gadot's acting.

I'm going with 60%. I'm hoping like crazy it's higher, though.

I want to believe. Trailer was good, and I'm cautiously optimistic about Gadot's acting.

You can have a great movie with a not-so-great lead. Titanic is an example. I don't care how many nominations and wins that Kate and Leo now hold. They were not good in Titanic. That is still a great movie though, and won best picture.

Hell, even if it turns out to be Rotten... a high 40's score would still be pretty good for the DCEU. lol

:funny:

I'm hoping for at least high 60's, at least. Something in the 70's or 80's would be perfect for the DCEU going forth, though.

Either way, I get the feeling that WW will edge out JL when it comes to RT.

I don't put too much stock in the rotten tomatoes score but I think it's good for the films narrative if it's "fresh." Just to get the monkey off WB's back.

I think that if Justice League was a DIRECT adaptation of something like Kingdom Come-it actually might be pretty great.

It's just when Zack chooses to go away from other sources that we wind up being Sucker Punched by the Man of Steel and Batman: Dawn of Kryptonite and Martha.

Realistically, I say 35 percent, simply because critics have kind of a pre-defined idea of what they want- and it looks a lot more grim than most of Marvel's offerings-which might make them come down more negatively on WW.

Hopefully we get something in the early seventies. I think the 80s is too much to hope for, simply because humor-based stories tend to do better critically, with exception to stories like TDK and CA:The Winter Soldier.

If WW can do well critically, hopefully it will 'soften' the outlook of the DCEU in both the eyes of the critics and general public. But right now, I see a "BRIGHT COLORS" "HUMOR" and "Can't you make it like it was back in the day?" bias.

When Logan comes out and gets good reviews, I hope it stops this nonsense that critics only like lighthearted superhero movies.

Critics like good movies, regardless of tone.

When Logan comes out and gets good reviews, I hope it stops this nonsense that critics only like lighthearted superhero movies.

Critics like good movies, regardless of tone.

Agreed! If anything, that nonsense should have been put to bed a long time ago by The Dark Knight Trilogy, Burton Batman films, several X-Men films, Ca: Tws and Cap Civil War to name but a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"