Writer(s) and director.

I mean... the fact that you singled out his Batman stuff as the stuff that looks weird and ugly is the primary reason I don't want him directing a Batman movie lmao Hell, I'd be fine with him directing Justice League or Supergirl or something, but 2 hours of weird and bad decisions regarding how to film Batman does not sound enticing at all.
It’s only in the bright lighting. I disagree with the decision to have Keaton fight like that but I don’t think it looks bad aesthetically.

He’d comfortably be the worst director to helm a solo Batman movie (the ugliest Flash looks better than anything in Snyder’s movies outside of MoS), I’m not hyped about him. He’s just Fine, the kind of director who will be making these movies and I’d take him over someone I think is actively bad like Goddard. He’s not an exciting choice but I don’t think this is a terribly exciting project when you get passed the novelty of it being based on Morrison’s Batman.

It’s only in the bright lighting. I disagree with the decision to have Keaton fight like that but I don’t think it looks bad aesthetically.

He’d comfortably be the worst director to helm a solo Batman movie (the ugliest Flash looks better than anything in Snyder’s movies outside of MoS), I’m not hyped about him. He’s just Fine, the kind of director who will be making these movies and I’d take him over someone I think is actively bad like Goddard. He’s not an exciting choice but I don’t think this is a terribly exciting project when you get passed the novelty of it being based on Morrison’s Batman.
I will say this regarding Muschietti: The look going from IT to The Flash is so drastically different that I do have a glimmer of hope that maaaaybe if he gets a better cinematographer for this, visually it might not look as unappealing.
The costume department is doomed though, since he had a pretty good costume designer for The Flash and that obviously did him no favors.
And if he has a good script and a good cast and Gunn on his ear giving him a trillion notes, then maybe he could make something really enjoyable. So the movie is not even completely lost on that front.
It's just kind of a bummer they didn't get someone that could elevate the material though. Kosinski or Trachtenberg could've done some really cool stuff for this film.

I will say this regarding Muschietti: The look going from IT to The Flash is so drastically different that I do have a glimmer of hope that maaaaybe if he gets a better cinematographer for this, visually it might not look as unappealing.
The costume department is doomed though, since he had a pretty good costume designer for The Flash and that obviously did him no favors.
And if he has a good script and a good cast and Gunn on his ear, then maybe he could make something really enjoyable. So the movie is not even completely lost on that front.
It's just kind of a bummer they didn't get someone that could elevate the material though. Kosinski or Trachtenberg could've done some really cool stuff for this film.
Trachtenberg would have been one of my choices for this as well. Until we have an actual confirmation on Muschietti my guy for this is still Matt Ross or David Gordon Green.

Everything about it. The fact the source material is extremely bizarre, the fact that one of the protagonists could be an 8-10 year old child assasin with a ****ed up background, and the fact that they'd be invited to presumably embrace the most zany aspects of Batman. Frankly I'd be surprised if they didn't come running towards it, as much as I wouldn't want them to because there is one way this movie could be really annoying and it'd be with them directing.

I imagine Brave and the Bold is gonna be zany indeed. Are people forgetting the source material Gunn referenced? Batcow?

The Daniels were the first name I thought of, to blend that energy, zaniness, and heart (and violence) from Morison’s run.

If WB goes that far, there’s absolutely room for two Batman franchises. My worry is that they won’t go far enough (with the Muschietti rumour. But who knows, maybe the energy he brings t Flash is indeed mindblowing and fresh).

Well, someone popped the question to Mushietti. Could be nothing, maybe something, but who knows?

Definitely sounds like he could be in talks, but also that Gunn/Safran is waiting to see how the box office of The Flash goes.

Definitely sounds like he could be in talks, but also that Gunn/Safran is waiting to see how the box office of The Flash goes.
I mean, the suicide squad mega bombed so I think Gunn knows a lot of the dceu is ****ed from before a movie opens. I think it’s moreso the reviews they’re waiting for than box office

Given some of the, uh, moments involving Batman in The Flash which I won't mention here because I think that technically counts as leaking

This man should not be allowed to touch Batman with a 10 foot stick and my expectations on Brave and the Bold have immediately soured if he's doing it

After watching The Flash, I don't think he's a bad choice indeed... at least the movie will have heart and some great action sequences. Both Keaton and Affleck's scenes were great, peak Batman moments. But please, someone get this man a new costume designer ASAP :cmad: Keaton's is ok but Batfleck's new suit is horrendous even in the movie itself.

After watching The Flash, I don't think he's a bad choice indeed... at least the movie will have heart and some great action sequences. Both Keaton and Affleck's scenes were great, peak Batman moments. But please, someone get this man a new costume designer ASAP :cmad: Keaton's is ok but Batfleck's new suit is horrendous even in the movie itself.
The costume designer he had was fine; most of the most horrible suit ideas were his.

Given some of the, uh, moments involving Batman in The Flash which I won't mention here because I think that technically counts as leaking

This man should not be allowed to touch Batman with a 10 foot stick and my expectations on Brave and the Bold have immediately soured if he's doing it

What moments are these?

Never any doubt in my mind that this was his gig from day one. Further cements this movie as kind of a write off - The Flash's Batman stuff is okay, I guess, but nothing inspiring and held up exclusively by Keaton and Affleck's performances.

What moments are these?

The Lasso of Truth
moment is the big one for me.

It just displays such an obvious lack of actual understanding of the character. You can introduce that stuff and still do it well (weirdly enough I think a certain Batman movie last year did it perfectly), but to put it in as a throwaway joke, especially when it applies to who is meant to be a highly seasoned Batman who's been doing this for literal decades (who in terms of his comic counterpart, already does what's mentioned in that moment and then some) was just...

ugh.

Infamous You Tuber John Campea weighs in the on Andy Mushietti being name B&B Director.

The Lasso of Truth
moment is the big one for me.

It just displays such an obvious lack of actual understanding of the character. You can introduce that stuff and still do it well (weirdly enough I think a certain Batman movie last year did it perfectly), but to put it in as a throwaway joke, especially when it applies to who is meant to be a highly seasoned Batman who's been doing this for literal decades (who in terms of his comic counterpart, already does what's mentioned in that moment and then some) was just...

ugh.

Meh doesn’t bother me. I enjoy when Batman has a bit of fun poker at him in other character’s films.

Henry Braham shot Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 and Vol 3, and The Suicide Squad. He's undoubtedly a good cinematographer. A lot of great current cinematographers have films in their filmography that look like trash, because a cinematographer can do very little to overcome poor direction, terrible vfx and bad planning.

Case in point, Bill Pope did The Matrix, Spider-Man 2 and Scott Pilgrim, and yet he also did Ant Man and The Wasp Quantumania.

Last edited:
You gotta assume he doesn't want to come within a hundred feet of another DC movie after the evidently troubled production of Aquaman but James Wan really feels like he'd be the guy for this. He ticks all the boxes they presumably felt that Muschietti ticks except he's, you know, a very good director.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"