Writer(s) and director.

Chad Stahelski?

A focus on the fight sequences and action would separate it from Reeves and previous Batman movies. Also, fits the possible inclusion of the League of Assassins.
It sounds like he’s earned his chance. :up:

Chad Stahelski?

A focus on the fight sequences and action would separate it from Reeves and previous Batman movies. Also, fits the possible inclusion of the League of Assassins.
If he didn't have a thousand projects in development alongside a possible John Wick 5 I'd say he might even be the likeliest one, although even then I wouldn't be surprised if he dropped all those in development projects for Batman.

I think Gunn will definitely look to meet w him for something at some point.

stahelski would be amazing, and would make it such a different beast from the reeves films

If Raimi hasn't even been vaguely contacted for it then it's kinda safe to assume he's probably not on Gunn's initial wishlist for this.

Really don't want Raimi anywhere near this. I love Spider-Man 2 as much as the next millennial but I don't connect with his style at all.

He's one of the bigger names that wouldn't completely blow my mind though.

Raimi is in the same boat as zemeckis and burton for me rn - someone who was once great but is a shadow of their former self. his last 3 big budget films were all ass, and i feel like this batman wouldn't be any different.
Also, Air was so good it just makes me bummed out that they couldn't get Affleck to work out. He knows how to make a crowd-pleasing movie.

If the Flash is really as good as everyone's saying then it makes sense, I just wish we got a new voice for this. Vaughn on Authority would be pretty whatever, but I guess I'd take it over Drew Goddard (i'm assuming he's the writer though)
Vaughn suuuucks but he has made good movies, so I'll give him a shot. I think he's a really bad fit for The Authority though and I anticipate it being utterly insufferable.

Vaughn suuuucks but he has made good movies, so I'll give him a shot. I think he's a really bad fit for The Authority though and I anticipate it being utterly insufferable.
yeah, if this is the kind of angsty vaughn that did authority it's gonna be awful lol. goddard just seems so incredibly boring that if it's between those two i guess i'd take the former
still wish those affleck rumors were true but it sounds like he's out of the IP game for good

yeah, if this is the kind of angsty vaughn that did authority it's gonna be awful lol. goddard just seems so incredibly boring that if it's between those two i guess i'd take the former
still wish those affleck rumors were true but it sounds like he's out of the IP game for good
Affleck's movies have only gotten more and more mediocre over time so I don't really think he's as much of a get as he would have been once upon a time. I like all his movies but he peaked early and has gone downhill movie by movie. He's a way better director than Vaughn or Goddard though.

If the Flash is really as good as everyone's saying then it makes sense, I just wish we got a new voice for this. Vaughn on Authority would be pretty whatever, but I guess I'd take it over Drew Goddard (i'm assuming he's the writer though)
I don't think there's absolutely anything about Muschietti's direction that'd be promising for a Batman movie. Drew Goddard is 10x the director that Muschietti is.
Also according to the same source, Jeremy Slater is the writer in The Authority. Not Goddard.

I don't think there's absolutely anything about Muschietti's direction that'd be promising for a Batman movie. Drew Goddard is 10x the director that Muschietti is.
Also according to the same source, Jeremy Slater is the writer in The Authority. Not Goddard.
Muschietti is an okay director. Goddard is terrible.

Muschietti is an okay director. Goddard is terrible.
How is he terrible? Bad Times at the El Royale was excellently shot and directed. You could criticize the script (which he also wrote, but I didn't mind) or maybe the way that the film was constructed with it being pretty non-linear and kinda meandering at times, but the way it was directed specifically with how Goddard used the camera is about a thousand times more creative than anything that Muschietti has ever done. The way he utilized his actors was also pretty interesting. And I don't think that any of his faults in that movie would translate into a Batman movie like this anyway; the virtues on how he handles casts, production design and cinematography would, however.

How is he terrible? Bad Times at the El Royale was excellently shot and directed. You could criticize the script (which he also wrote, but I didn't mind) or maybe the way that the film was constructed with it being pretty non-linear and kinda meandering at times, but the way it was directed specifically with how Goddard used the camera is about a thousand times more creative than anything that Muschietti has ever done. The way he utilized his actors was also pretty interesting. And I don't think that any of his faults in that movie would translate into a Batman movie like this anyway; the virtues on how he handles casts, production design and cinematography would, however.
el royale was like those deep fried bargain bin tarantino knock-offs from the 90's
jeremy slater on authority pretty much just kills my hype though

It's still too early to be entirely sure that Muschietti will be directing this until we get confirmation from the trades, but let the record show...

I'm standing pretty firm on my "The Brave & The Bold will be directed by Andy Muschietti" bet.

Could be wrong, sure, but considering how Muschietti's already basically making his audition reel for a Batman film with The Flash and the insider response to that film is apparently off the wall, I'd wager he gets entrusted with the keys to the other most important superhero in the DC roster aside from Superman, since Gunn is helming Superman: Legacy.

... That I absolutely called it.

el royale was like those deep fried bargain bin tarantino knock-offs from the 90's
jeremy slater on authority pretty much just kills my hype though
I have absolutely zero idea what's so "Tarantino" about El Royale aside from maybe the non-linear storytelling which Tarantino does not own.
It's likely Goddard might be writing Brave and the Bold, however, which I think is about the only thing that might save it.

The Cabin in the Woods has the worst script of Joss Whedon's career co-written by Goddard himself and is one of the smuggest, faux intelligent attempts at horror satire I've ever seen. Nonsensical, vapid and unfunny in both its critique of the genre and as a film in and of itself.

Bad Times at the El Royale feels like it was written and directed by a sixteen year old at the height of their hardcore Tarantino fanboyism. It's just painfully valid, try hard lameness all around.

Goddard is not devoid of talent. He's done some okay scripts adapting other peoples work and his contributions on the writing staff of some of Whedon's shows have been solid but his work as a director is sub-standard at best.

Muschietti, on the other hand, has some a perfectly solid horror movie in Mama and a really quite good one in It: Chapter One. Now, neither movie is great but they're both perfectly good films and probably more importantly for TB&TB he gets great performances out of kids.

It: Chapter Two is basically unwatchable though. I will grant you that.

The Cabin in the Woods has the worst script of Joss Whedon's career co-written by Goddard himself and is one of the smuggest, faux intelligent attempts at horror satire I've ever seen. Nonsensical, vapid and unfunny in both its critique of the genre and as a film in and of itself.

Bad Times at the El Royale feels like it was written and directed by a sixteen year old at the height of their hardcore Tarantino fanboyism. It's just painfully valid, try hard lameness all around.

Goddard is not devoid of talent. He's done some okay scripts adapting other peoples work and his contributions on the writing staff of some of Whedon's shows have been solid but his work as a director is sub-standard at best.

Muschietti, on the other hand, has some a perfectly solid horror movie in Mama and a really quite good one in It: Chapter One. Now, neither movie is great but they're both perfectly good films and probably more importantly for TB&TB he gets great performances out of kids.

It: Chapter Two is basically unwatchable though. I will grant you that.
To me the thing that sours me /entirely/ on Muschietti is not even the IT films, but rather The Flash.
Yeah I know it hasn't come out yet, but even from the trailers alone you can tell his sensibillities for superhero films are absolutely abominal.
Not only does it look extremely ugly, but there are soooo many decisions that are absolutely baffling.

I don't think there's any way to defend how ugly both his Batfleck and his Keaton suit look, made even more unexplicable by the way that he had some pretty good reference points and he could've simply just used them.
Simple things like the Batcycle he designed for Affleck is awful too.
The Keaton reveal shot has been mocked for looking horrible and for good reason.
And there's also the strange way he decided to put 70 year old Keaton Batman borderline flying with CGI to take out thugs like an even more exaggerated version of the Arkham games Batman.

And there's The Flash suit itself which might be the ugliest superhero costume to ever have been put on-screen.

I've got no idea what Goddard would do with Batman, but I'm 99% sure that he'd do a way better job at handling all that stuff than Muschietti did. Even if he's writing this it's gonna be a shame to see how it all translates to probably the ****tiest of filters by Muschietti in his "trying to do a superhero movie" mode.
If the movie turns out fine it'll be because of a good script, not because of his directing.

To me the thing that sours me /entirely/ on Muschietti is not even the IT films, but rather The Flash.
Yeah I know it hasn't come out yet, but even from the trailers alone you can tell his sensibillities for superhero films are absolutely abominal.
Not only does it look extremely ugly, but there are soooo many decisions that are absolutely baffling.

I don't think there's any way to defend how ugly both his Batfleck and his Keaton suit look, made even more unexplicable by the way that he had some pretty good reference points and he could've simply just used them.
Simple things like the Batcycle he designed for Affleck is awful too.
The Keaton reveal shot has been mocked for looking horrible and for good reason.
And there's also the strange way he decided to put 70 year old Keaton Batman borderline flying with CGI to take out thugs like an even more exaggerated version of the Arkham games Batman.

And there's The Flash suit itself which might be the ugliest superhero costume to ever have been put on-screen.

I've got no idea what Goddard would do with Batman, but I'm 99% sure that he'd do a way better job at handling all that stuff than Muschietti did. Even if he's writing this it's gonna be a shame to see how it all translates to probably the ****tiest of filters by Muschietti in his "trying to do a superhero movie" mode.
If the movie turns out fine it'll be because of a good script, not because of his directing.
I think The Flash looks generically fine. I have no strong feelings on it one way or another. Some shots look pretty good (Supergirl looks amazing), others look weird and ugly (Keaton in overly bright lighting). I think it looks better than most of the MCU and worse than a lot of the non-Snyder DCEU. It's whatever.

I think The Flash looks generically fine. I have no strong feelings on it one way or another. Some shots look pretty good (Supergirl looks amazing), others look weird and ugly (Keaton in overly bright lighting). I think it looks better than most of the MCU and worse than a lot of the non-Snyder DCEU. It's whatever.
I mean... the fact that you singled out his Batman stuff as the stuff that looks weird and ugly is the primary reason I don't want him directing a Batman movie lmao Hell, I'd be fine with him directing Justice League or Supergirl or something, but 2 hours of weird and bad decisions regarding how to film Batman does not sound enticing at all. He just doesn't seem to understand the character cinematically in the slightest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"