Writer(s) and director.

If he sticks around, I imagine it'd be for Supergirl or whatever future JL movie happens.

Hear me out...

edgarwright.jpg

Hear me out...

edgarwright.jpg

I mean, that would be a dream choice right there. I’m really hoping for a take on Bats that isn’t grimdark, and has a great mix of gravitas, action and quirky humor. So, yeah, perfecto. Do we get Simon Pegg as Commissioner Gordon?

He left Ant-Man because he didn't want to work within a shared universe. Would he be more willing to work within this framework?
The reason he left Ant-Man wasn't because of it being a shared universe. He was more than willing to make it part of a connected universe and was actually part of the initial team Feige had set up when planning out phase one, the movie just for several reasons couldn't get made until they were already at phase two, at which point it became impossible to fit his vision.

Some Rumors say that Ben Affleck will be the Director of this Movie

The problem is that for an adaptation of the Morrison Batman run in particular, the ideal filmmaker for the job would be a David Lynch-type who could seamlessly juggle a wild array of genres back and forth between mystery, Bondian adventure, absurdist humor, melodrama/soap opera and surreal horror. After all, the central thesis of Morrison's run on Batman was exploring the idea of all of the seventy-ish years' worth of Batman lore and comics being canon in some manner or another. So you'd need someone who could pull off something like Twin Peaks for that to be done properly.

Realistically speaking though, there aren't many of those sort of filmmakers out there and likely fewer still who'd be interested or willing to work on a project that's part of a larger cinematic universe where someone else has a more significant hold on creative input in order to abide by the confines of the rest of the cinematic universe.

So practically speaking, we're looking at someone who can at least sell something exciting and fantastical. So whether or not he'd be the best fit for the job, I do think Andy Muschietti is still a very likely candidate for the gig. Especially if The Flash makes insane bank at the box office this summer.

I still think that Affleck may have it in him to be a bit more versatile than people give him credit for, he just hasn't had a chance to show it yet. There's a reason that Matt described his Batman script as James Bond-ian, and Morrison's run is filled with Bond-ian elements. I also have no reason to think he'd balk at the idea of doing things like Man-Bat or a comic accurate Ra's al Ghul.

I still think that Affleck may have it in him to be a bit more versatile than people give him credit for, he just hasn't had a chance to show it yet. There's a reason that Matt described his Batman script as James Bond-ian, and Morrison's run is filled with Bond-ian elements. I also have no reason to think he'd balk at the idea of doing things like Man-Bat or a comic accurate Ra's al Ghul.

There's definitely Bondian elements in the Morrison run and I can see Affleck doing alright there, but frankly I think that's one of the easier parts to get right. I just don't buy him doing particularly well overall with the project and frankly the immediate reaction on social media to just the rumor of Affleck coming back to direct The Brave & The Bold makes me think it would do no one any favors for minimizing fandom competition between Reeves' Batman and the DCU Batman.

We've already got clout tweeters trying to push the idea of Affleck directing the film just so he can copy and paste old ideas from his version of The Batman, right down to trying to make Deathstroke the lead villain. Sure, maybe Affleck wouldn't do that himself, but I stand by my position that his mere presence on the project would incentivize fans to draw lines in the sand and compete between each other over which team is making the better Batman film.

I’m hoping more for a Mike Barr/Peter Tomasi inspiration rather than a Morrison inspired take. And I’d suggest Stephen Caple Jr to direct.

David Gordon Green would be a great fit, I know his Halloween movies are controversial at best but he's a quietly excellent filmmaker with an extremely diverse filmography who has almost all the attributes I'd look for here.
Halloween 2018 was a 10/10 for me and Ends was a 0/10. I don’t want to take that risk.

how about bradley cooper, he's good friends with gunn

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"