• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

WTF? I thought the Cold War was over

everyone has problems

it's just easier to point at those of others than tackling your own

So when you point out problems like those in America you're really just diverting attention from your own personal troubles?

Or maybe, just maybe, people can care about messed up situations in the world AND still care about troubles in their own backyard? BTW, there's nothing easy about the troubles in russia or anywhere else in the world.

Wait you live in Mexico and you're commenting on America's troubles? Besides the blatant contridiction in pointing out other's problems rather than dealing with your own, besides that, shut up hippie.

So maybe you should live by your own words.:huh:
meaning?

I know there are problems in my country, and lots of them, I see them every day

but you know what I do about them?

I became a teacher

Wait you live in Mexico and you're commenting on America's troubles? Besides the blatant contridiction in pointing out other's problems rather than dealing with your own, besides that, shut up hippie.
so, if I live in Mexico that means that I shouldn't comment on what I see other people are doing wrong?

so, if I live in Mexico that means that I shouldn't comment on what I see other people are doing wrong?

Maybe you shouldn't get on other people about doing the same thing.

So when you point out problems like those in America you're really just diverting attention from your own personal troubles?

Or maybe, just maybe, people can care about messed up situations in the world AND still care about troubles in their own backyard? BTW, there's nothing easy about the troubles in russia or anywhere else in the world.
nope, I just say that america should first solve their own problems and then, maybe then take a "world police" stance

it's just an observation

do I agree with Putin's actions? of course not, what he's doing is clearly stupid, but it's also a reaction to a previous action, put forth by... guess who?

red_dawn_mcdonalds.jpg

LMAO!

nope, I just say that america should first solve their own problems and then, maybe then take a "world police" stance

it's just an observation

do I agree with Putin's actions? of course not, what he's doing is clearly stupid, but it's also a reaction to a previous action, put forth by... guess who?

Mexico?

social studies, ethics, world and national history, geography, etc

You should teach mexico how to look down on others while disregarding their own poverty levels. You're excellent at that.

Not even then, let the job of "world police" to the United Nations.

LOL I'm not in school I don't need to "make a comeback". I'm just pointing out the fact that you're an idiot.

Saying that Plas can't make a comment because he's from a poorer country is just moronic and goes against what we as Americans stand for when we spout freedom of speech and equality.

LOL I'm not in school I don't need to "make a comeback". I'm just pointing out the fact that you're an idiot.

Saying that Plas can't make a comment because he's from a poorer country is just moronic and goes against what we as Americans stand for when we spout freedom of speech and equality.

Read it from the beginning. He commented that americans (I'm not an American I should point out, so I'm not defending America as much as pointing out something stupid) shouldn't comment on Russia until they fix they're own troubles. Then it was pointed out that he was mexican (making his comments about america exactely the act he just decried). So I said that since the Mexican poverty level is so much greater maybe he should take his own advice. I wasn't saying he can't make a comment, I was saying he shouldn't tell others they CAN't make a comment.

Idiot.

He said that in response to someone saying the same thing about Russia. You took it out of context

He said that in response to someone saying the same thing about Russia. You took it out of context

No he said americans shouldn't be bothering with russian problems cause they have so many of their own. I was saying everyone has a right to care about the problems of others while still caring about their own. Sure I was a bit sarcastic about it but it's not like I went in and started calling people idiots without actually grasping what was being said. That would be just stupid.

maybe If Mexico was a world super power with military bases all over the world and determined the economic and political policies of dozens of countries along with being the largest producer of waste and one of the biggest polluters in the world, we would be even more open to being criticized than we are right now.

I think both Plas and Me are fully aware of problems in our country, it's rather misguided to think that because of that we would be unable to comment on a country that has such a widespread impact wordlwide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"