WTF? I thought the Cold War was over

the last one, at least, was fair and legitimate.

I seriously doubt there's ever been a government election in the history of the world that hasn't been manipulated in one form or another. But then I really haven't been to Russia in years so I don't know what changes they've made.

You're talking about Russia right? Because even though it was overall as a whole, legitimate. It wasn't fair because the other candidates did not have enough coverage and in some areas there was ballot stuffing in favor of Putin.

Here's the thing, fella, the cold war wasn't an actual war see? It was a term for a passive agressive conflict between multiple nations. No shots fired no specific goals...

I think that's debatable. Russians and Americans may not have been firing directly at each other, but they were both backing opposing sides in various conflicts throughout the Cold War. So they did kind of duke it out, that way. :yay:

Démon;11815730 said:
I think that's debatable. Russians and Americans may not have been firing directly at each other, but they were both backing opposing sides in various conflicts throughout the Cold War. So they did kind of duke it out, that way. :yay:

I completely agree. It wasn't bloodless. I guess what I was refering to, was that it wasn't a traditional war with one army against another. It was the ability to militarize of one nation versus another. There were plenty of test trials, we got involved with Israel after the seven days war because they were attacked by nations using Soviet weapons and tactics and we wanted to study that as a "test war". Lot's of violence was and is spurred by that even now, which is why I don't view this as over (even though the politicians told us it was, but to the people who believe that (Gonking) I have two words: Mission Accomplished!)

Putin is not having another term.

Russia has been regressing back to the days of the Soviet Union thanks to Putin and China is not making any progress towards democracy even though they've embraced capitalism and aren't regressing like Russia.

:huh: How can you be sure in this? I though he had not denied the possibility of him staying for one more term.

And still, Russia tries to get progress in it's way to democracy, which have never been easy to get to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"