WTF? I thought the Cold War was over

Russia really needs to get rid of that mentality. No wonder why the Eastern bloc and former Soviet republics are aligning with the United States.

I must admit you're right as long the world isn't mad enough to get into World War III.

If he did that he would be kick ass in everyone's opinion and would have made the US look like war mongering @ssholes but instead he completely does the most @ick move anyone could think of and decides to point nukes at denmark. WTF did denmark do except take a system designed to protect against missle strikes?

this isn't just denmark, this is me damnit! :cmad:

no, that's a fact.

The Cold War was a term made up by the media to describe the escalation in arms between America and Russia. I don't know how anyone can say it has these specific boundries. It seems to me like it's still happening so I'd say that while there is less danger it is still going on. Gorby and Bush Sr. declared it over but again it was a media invention without defined boundries.

It's an opinion, but since the term is made up, no one can offer more than their opinion of the matter.

The Cold War was a term made up by the media to describe the escalation in arms between America and Russia. I don't know how anyone can say it has these specific boundries. It seems to me like it's still happening so I'd say that while there is less danger it is still going on. Gorby and Bush Sr. declared it over but again it was a media invention without defined boundries.

It's an opinion, but since the term is made up, no one can offer more than their opinion of the matter.

I will repeat what I said before. The Cold War was a conflict between the communist world and the capitalist world, NOT ONLY BETWEEN US AND THE SOVIET UNION. That conflict is over, therefore there's no more Cold War. I'm not disscusing this, as I said, it's a fact.

I will repeat what I said before. The Cold War was a conflict between the communist world and the capitalist world, NOT ONLY BETWEEN US AND THE SOVIET UNION. That conflict is over, therefore there's no more Cold War. I'm not disscusing this, as I said, it's a fact.

Sure it is, it's a fact from a MADE UP TERM THAT HAS NO REAL MEANING OR DEFINITION except that given to it by journalists. How can you have any facts from a made up term?

Oh, and who's this US you're refering too fella?

Sure it is, it's a fact from a MADE UP TERM THAT HAS NO REAL MEANING OR DEFINITION except that given to it by journalists. How can you have any facts from a made up term?

Oh, and who's this US you're refering too fella?

yeah and "Great War" was a term made up by the media too. :huh: lol

yeah and "Great War" was a term made up by the media too. :huh: lol

Here's the thing, fella, the cold war wasn't an actual war see? It was a term for a passive agressive conflict between multiple nations. No shots fired no specific goals, the term cold war came about to describe a period of unrest (which doesn't seem to be gone now does it?), the great war (WW2) was an actual war that ended when one side surrendered. If you can't see the difference between a term made up to describe an actual war and a term made up to describe a feeling of unrest, then there's no point in me continuing.

I didn't just mean denmark I was just using them as an example. It's @ucked up all around.
i don't even know for sure denmark is in the list, but i know for a fact my country is, and it doesn't make me happy knowing i could be blast to bits at any second because some people are trigger happy

but i would like to end up captain atom because of something like this :D

That's official statement. But if we don't count it, Cold War still exists and nothing will stop it until both USA and Russia becomes real friends (sadly, we aren't seeing it right now) :(

If we didn't have a President that is a complete asshat and they didn't have a President that wants to revive the Soviet Union, it probably could have happened.

i don't even know for sure denmark is in the list, but i know for a fact my country is, and it doesn't make me happy knowing i could be blast to bits at any second because some people are trigger happy

but i would like to end up captain atom because of something like this :D

Check out the top things I learned from reading marvel comics on that board. According to those rules if you're point blank nuked you can't Not get superpowers from it. Of course if you do that means your family, friends and small dog will have to die to give your character purpose, but hey small price for laser beam vision right?

If we didn't have a President that is a complete asshat and they didn't have a President that wants to revive the Soviet Union, it probably could have happened.

People don't use the term "asshat" nearly enough anymore.

Here's the thing, fella, the cold war wasn't an actual war see? It was a term for a passive agressive conflict between multiple nations. No shots fired no specific goals, the term cold war came about to describe a period of unrest (which doesn't seem to be gone now does it?), the great war (WW2) was an actual war that ended when one side surrendered. If you can't see the difference between a term made up to describe an actual war and a term made up to describe a feeling of unrest, then there's no point in me continuing.

First of all, the "Great War" is the first world war not the second. Secondly, I just wanted to point out how stupid is your argument of "the media invented the term".

COLD WAR= communism vs capitalism

WORLDWIDE COMMUNISM MOVEMENT IS DEAD (there are no more revolutions around the world supported by the Soviet Union and dictatorships to stop the rebels, supported by United Sates)

COLD WAR ENDED

First of all, the "Great War" is the first world war not the second. Secondly, I just wanted to point out how stupid is your argument of "the media invented the term".

COLD WAR= communism vs capitalism

WORLDWIDE COMMUNISM MOVEMENT IS DEAD (there are no more revolutions around the world supported by the Soviet Union and dictatorships to stop the rebels, supported by United Sates)

COLD WAR ENDED

My bad with the world wars.

But I don't see how my media invented the term argument doesn't add up. Two Americans Bernard Baruch and Walter Lippmann a politician and journalist invented the term as a way of rallying people behind an increase in military spending because of the threat the USSR posed. It was a term to sell the budget to the people and nations of NATO. This is what happened, it's not stupid it's the truth. Sorry guy. The USSR has changed but the same conflict still exists today.

The cold war was a little more than communism vs. capitalism but I understand simplifing it in this way makes it easier for you to grasp. The Cold war was actually an escalation of weaponary and military might with the absence of actual shots fired. It didn't have to involve new communist nations forming under revolutions, that was only one part of it. I would interpret this as meaning that as long as the escalation still exists than the conflict does as well. The USSR is no more but Putin was nice enough to decide the Russia basically owns all lands once owned by the USSR, he's kept also established back a base of power while cutting freedoms which any reporter I've ever read has described as being very similiar to what Communist Russia was. He's now redirecting missle targets with new technology onto NATO nations.

But yeah you're right, cause they're not communists then I'm sure this doesn't mean anything.

My bad with the world wars.

But I don't see how my media invented the term argument doesn't add up. Two Americans Bernard Baruch and Walter Lippmann a politician and journalist invented the term as a way of rallying people behind an increase in military spending because of the threat the USSR posed. It was a term to sell the budget to the people and nations of NATO. This is what happened, it's not stupid it's the truth. Sorry guy. The USSR has changed but the same conflict still exists today.

The cold war was a little more than communism vs. capitalism but I understand simplifing it in this way makes it easier for you to grasp. The Cold war was actually an escalation of weaponary and military might with the absence of actual shots fired. It didn't have to involve new communist nations forming under revolutions, that was only one part of it. I would interpret this as meaning that as long as the escalation still exists than the conflict does as well. The USSR is no more but Putin was nice enough to decide the Russia basically owns all lands once owned by the USSR, he's kept also established back a base of power while cutting freedoms which any reporter I've ever read has described as being very similiar to what Communist Russia was. He's now redirecting missle targets with new technology onto NATO nations.

But yeah you're right, cause they're not communists then I'm sure this doesn't mean anything.

that escalation was a consequence of the conflict between communism and capitalism. The escence of the Cold War is that conflict, not a weapons race.

and do you really think that nowadays there is a military escalation like in the Cold War? I don't think so...

that escalation was a consequence of the conflict between communism and capitalism. The escence of the Cold War is that conflict, not a weapons race.

and do you really think that nowadays there is a military escalation like in the Cold War? I don't think so...

What? Escalation means arms race. Besides, it still exists, even if not officially.

It's like Iran saying people will forget what Isreal means. The same here, but it's not said officially.

Also, what I think is Puting should relax and stop returning what happened more than 10 years ago. I hope he won't stay as the president of Russia next term, otherwise there will be no compromises. Also, I think Bush should leave both Russia and Chine and give me them a choice to develop themselves as countries with democratic politics, if he wants to balance everything.

Ugh. It's dirty politics. It feels like the late 20th century again.

Also, what I think is Puting should relax and stop returning what happened more than 10 years ago. I hope he won't stay as the president of Russia next term,
Putin is not having another term.

Also, I think Bush should leave both Russia and Chine and give me them a choice to develop themselves as countries with democratic politics, if he wants to balance everything.
Russia has been regressing back to the days of the Soviet Union thanks to Putin and China is not making any progress towards democracy even though they've embraced capitalism and aren't regressing like Russia.

Nobody guarenteed capitalism bringing democracy.

True. I was just pointing out that China is making some progress unlike Russia

well, at least in Russia there are elections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"