The Defenders Your favorite solo Defenders series?

XtremelyBaneful

xoxxxoooxo
Reaction score
Okay so now that we've had a season of each of the superheroes' shows, one of which had 2, which show has been your favorite?

I say Daredevil. Season 2 wasn't great but season 1 was a masterpiece.

Daredevil is in first with Jessica Jones incredibly close to it. Luke Cage was good until one character dies and the story kind of goes a little cheesy. Iron Fist was a big fail for me. It didn't really add anything for the Defenders too.

Daredevil is in first with Jessica Jones incredibly close to it. Luke Cage was good until one character dies and the story kind of goes a little cheesy. Iron Fist was a big fail for me. It didn't really add anything for the Defenders too.
you can say who died. this is my thread and I say spoilers are a go

Cottonmouth. He shouldn't have died till at least the last episode. Diamondback shouldnt have been brought in.

Cottonmouth. He shouldn't have died till at least the last episode. Diamondback shouldnt have been brought in.
yup. of all the criticisms of the show i've seen, this is 100% the most common

and I bet they're regretting it now that he just won an Oscar :D

Guess, I'll default to DD as well.

1) Daredevil season 1: episodes 3-7
2) Luke Cage season 1: episodes 1-8
3) Daredevil season 2: episodes 1-4
4) Iron Fist season 1: episodes 8-11
5) Jessica Jones season 1: TBD

This is extremely unfair with Daredevil in the mix :funny:

Daredevil S1. Easily.

Character-wise .... Luke Cage or maybe Danny Rand

Series-wise...

1. Daredevil S02 (best Punisher ever though Elektra is my least favourite MCU casting)
2. Jessica Jones (most interesting plot-wise but, like the Alias comic, the tone is less "Marvel-y")
3. Daredevil S01 (a great opener for the netlfix series' but would have like to see Elektra in this one)
4. Luke Cage (good mixture of 70s and contemporary feel but needs to smash more walls!)
5. Iron Fist (the Hand were messy and he was missing the costume)

:)

wow. only 7 people voted but i'm surprised everyone said daredevil

Jessica Jones S1 > Daredevil S1 > Daredevil S2 > Luke Cage S1 > Iron Fist S1

Daredevil S2 > Daredevil S1 > Jessica Jones S1 > Iron Fist S1 > Luke Cage S1

Daredevil S2 > Jessica Jones > Daredevil S1 >>>>> Iron Fist >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Luke Cage

Character-wise .... Luke Cage or maybe Danny Rand

Series-wise...

1. Daredevil S02 (best Punisher ever though Elektra is my least favourite MCU casting)
2. Jessica Jones (most interesting plot-wise but, like the Alias comic, the tone is less "Marvel-y")
3. Daredevil S01 (a great opener for the netlfix series' but would have like to see Elektra in this one)
4. Luke Cage (good mixture of 70s and contemporary feel but needs to smash more walls!)
5. Iron Fist (the Hand were messy and he was missing the costume)

:)

Why is Elektra your least favorite MCU casting?

1. Jessica Jones (one of the best comic book adaptations in any medium)
2. Daredevil S02 (the Punisher makes the season)
3. Luke Cage (though it weakens when Diamondback enters the picture)
4. Iron Fist (aside from Madame Gao, the Hand makes pretty lame villains; the Big Bads should have been just been Gao and Harold Meachum; Wai Ching Ho and David Wenham are fantastic; Ramon Rodriguez and the rest of the super ninjas, not so much

1. Daredevil (even if the S02 went messy by mixing the Punisher storyline with the Hand one)
2. Jessica Jones (very close)
3. Luke Cage
4. Iron Fist (not the catastrophe the critics are saying, but definitively the most flawed one and the weakest of the bunch.The fights are far for being on par with the Daredevil ones, which is a shame for a Martial arts serie, the writing of the characters are not that great and, like in DD season 2, the Hand ninjas are really lacking charisma)

The Hand in Iron Fist only made The Hand in DD season 2 seem like a threat. Hopefully it builds up a bit in this miniseries to feel like an actual threat.

As for mine, I thought I'd elaborate some more...
1. Daredevil (Season 1 and 2) Elektra's storyline ended kind of weakly but the first part of it was great. Same goes for the Punisher storyline. It started out REALLY well and then it ended rather weakly.
2. Jessica Jones - So close to taking the top spot but Elektra the reason why she didn't make it into the #1 spot. A great series with very little low points.
3. Luke Cage - It's almost impossible to compete with the top two spots but the 1st 8 episodes were very close to perfection. After the death of Cottonmouth, it fell apart and it sank the series a bit for me.

So much space between 3rd place and 4th...

4. Iron Fist - Dull lead, no real threat/enemy, bad acting and even worse fight scenes. It kind of was a dud. Hoping Finn Jones finds some charisma for The Defenders or else he's going to be quite the dead weight.

1. Daredevil S1
2. Daredevil S2
3. Jessica Jones
4. Iron Fist
5. Luke Cage

JJ and DD are basically tied for me. But I'll give it to JJ because I'm a big fan of the psychological stuff.

Jessica Jones and Daredevil are tied for me too. But i enjoy Jessica as a main character the most so i'd say JJ. Who the hell voted for Iron Fist? :huh:

For me, Daredevil seasons 1 and 2 are the absolute best Marvel has to offer and may be the most successful adaption of comic book material in terms of tone and character. I know Season 2 didn't wow everybody after those first 4 episodes, but I love the Elektra and Hand stuff as much or maybe even more than the Punisher stuff. Seeing Daredevil fight bunch of ninjas is something I never thought I'd see in live action (even animation). It's like watching a miracle every time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"