Justice League Zack Snyder Directing Justice League (The Snyder Cut Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt, a sequel would have to be downgraded in terms of production value no matter how you slice it. It wouldnt look or feel quite the same as the movie counterparts but if compromises are willing to be made, I dont think its impossible to have a Justice League show with maybe a $70-100 million dollar budget that still feels cinematic.

No doubt, a sequel would have to be downgraded in terms of production value no matter how you slice it. It wouldnt look or feel quite the same as the movie counterparts but if compromises are willing to be made, I dont think its impossible to have a Justice League show with maybe a $70-100 million dollar budget that still feels cinematic.
Mandalorian technology

Outside of Game of Thrones, The Mandalorian is easily one of the most cinematic, big budget shows out there and most of it was done with virtual technology which looked absolutely seamless IMO. I imagine that type of filming/production saves the studios a lot of money from always having to shoot on location, especially given the circumstances of what's going on right now.

Warner Bros already stated that they are also using the same technology with The Batman and if The Snyder Cut ends up being really successful once it drops on HBO Max than I don't see a problem with them putting more money towards another movie as long the reward is worth the risk.

The problem with that is the word compromise. Zack is doing the opposite of compromising for JL, I don’t see him reworking a sequel to fit HBO’s budget. If the entire cast (which grows bigger by the day and would become more expensive once roles are expanded) agree to return for 2-3 more seasons then sure. But Zack is trying to put all his eggs in one basket with the first one. He’s not going to minimize his vision for a season 2, just so they spread it out for a third season or more. “You have to shoot all of your bullets”.

I personally think this entire story can be told with 4 more episodes. But you need a Warner Brother theatrical budget to make it happen. Then you have to cut it down to 3 hours or less for the theatrical experience, and that’s a new compromise. So that’s off the table. Are they willing to create the most expensive “season two” in HBO history for something that may not turn heads? A season that for most of the run time features a dead Momoa/Gadot?

Are we sure this isn’t being turned into a 5 or 6 hour project in order to shoot every scary idea Zack ever had? Every major death or takeover. That way you don’t need sequels because we would have seen every futuristic twist on screen until the League defeats the villain (wiping out the Knightmare timeline for good). A sequel sounds illogical business wise, while an extended season 1 sounds illogical creatively. They’re in a pickle if you ask me. You want to shoot your bullets in a time like this, NOT leave a bunch of cliffhangers with new characters/additions.

I don’t know anything about this technology in terms of cost. I know it’s cheaper but how much cheaper for what Snyder needs to pull off? This may be the thing that saves it.
Something worth considering about the cost of getting this tech is that it's money that WB/HBO is going to be spending regardless of whether they use if for a potential JL follow up or not. It's an investment that could greatly cut down on the cost and production times for numerous projects.

ActualSoupyBug-size_restricted.gif
Oh, I see...

Guys, Snyder did a friggin' short film with better VFX than most Hollywood films with a goddamn iPhone. Are we really questioning that man's ability to make a sequel with a smaller budget?
Yeah, Snyder knows how to shoot on smaller budgets.

So, I'm finally caching up with The Boys (man, its so so good) and you know, I think with some adjustments, an ongoing Justice League show could work without it costing $500 million bajillion dollars. I think you could have a modestly budgeted show thats well shot, acted, directed and great special effects, but obviously it would have to focus a lot of character development to save on special effects which wouldnt be a bad thing. Idk, just sayin', I think it could work with a reasonable budget.

But the budget does show on The Boys through the lack of what they show. They do well with whatever budget they have, but there really aren't that many superpowered scenes. There were more in the 1st season that looked really cool, but they smartly space it all out. I'm not sure people would be okay with that with a JL show. Are you going to show Superman doing only 1 superpowered thing once an episode, Cyborg wearing a hoodie and sweats most episodes, and so on? The Boys is taking a more dramatic approach to this world where the powers are secondary so it works.

I'm only up to episode 5 of the boys. Man do the fight scenes suck, It's batman begins level cutting. Hope it improves.

Heh, an Entertainment tonight article popped up on the news feed on my phone saying, “Sofia Vergara Has Mini 'Modern Family' Reunion -- But Joe Manganiello Is Nearly Unrecognizable in the Pics.”

Manganiello sports a short, bleach blond mohawk as he stands beside his wife in photos of the group, which included Sarah Hyland and Julie Bowen. "Who’s the guy on the left????" one fan commented on Vergara's pic. Another follower asked, "What happened to Joe?? ."

Little do they know :funny::funny:

So do we know now whether these reshoots are actually for shooting part II of his original intended vision?

Cavill aint part of the new filming.

At this point, I have no expectations for Superman in Snyder's Cut. There isn't much to say about his role other than the fact that he'll have the black suit and be free of the mustache CGI cover-up.

Coddamn thats a stacked roster of villains. Which is the way it should be for a Justice League movie.

Btw this all I think lends credence to the notion I believe that Zack is hedging his bets with this and trying to put as much in this as possible. He doesnt know if hes gonna get another shot so he’s gonna insert as many toys in this as he can.

Coddamn thats a stacked roster of villains. Which is the way it should be for a Justice League movie.

Btw this all I think lends credence to the notion I believe that Zack is hedging his bets with this and trying to put as much in this as possible. He doesnt know if hes gonna get another shot so he’s gonna insert as many toys in this as he can.

To be honest, I'm surprised that Snyder never thought about bringing Russell back as Jor-el for his original script. Seeing him again would have been a nice way to refer back to MOS.

To be honest, I'm surprised that Snyder never thought about bringing Russell back as Jor-el for his original script. Seeing him again would have been a nice way to refer back to MOS.

Russell would have to get in shape for that.

We dont need to see Jor-El. What would be pretty cool is if we get some new voiceover from Russell Crowe and have him speak to Kal as he’a getting his new black suit and performs First Flight 2.0.

We dont need to see Jor-El. What would be pretty cool is if we get some new voiceover from Russell Crowe and have him speak to Kal as he’a getting his new black suit and performs First Flight 2.0.

Any chance to hear Henry speak more to someone is a plus for me.lol

It would be pretty sad though if Henry has fewer lines in this film when compared to Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier from CA:TWS and CA:CW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"