Justice League Zack Snyder Directing Justice League (The Snyder Cut Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
EnPzKL6WMAoGE-7

EnPzLFSXcAE-yEj

I loved how BvS UE really beefed up her role and made her integral in the plot.

I've always said that the TC of BvS feels more like a Batman movie, whereas the UE always felt way more like a Superman movie. And it's primarily because of Lois' beefed up role and the stronger emphasis on Luthor's machinations. It's just a shame that, whichever the cut, Supes himself still ends up feeling like a glorified MacGuffin.

I've always said that the TC of BvS feels more like a Batman movie, whereas the UE always felt way more like a Superman movie. And it's primarily because of Lois' beefed up role and the stronger emphasis on Luthor's machinations. It's just a shame that, whichever the cut, Supes himself still ends up feeling like a glorified MacGuffin.
The TC version was meant to feel that way because that's what the WB asked for.

The best thing about all of this is that these actors can now come back in the future in any movies if DC wants it. Deathstroke in a SS movie. WW in this. Flash in that, etc etc.

I think Affleck will die in Flash or he'll just be background Batman through dialogue or whatever. Say he disappeared or something, idk. He doesn't need to be present and Batman doesn't need to be relevant in every movie. Whether he's there or not doesn't matter in Black Adam.

If Batgirl happens, then you worry about it. Keaton doing Batgirl and/or Beyond would be huge.

Percentage wise, what are the chances of Leto’s Joker sporting dreads??

I'm skeptical about that tbh...

I dunno, we have to remember that a lot of celebs don’t even control their own social media accounts and if you’re not on social media I don’t think you would know about the Snyder Cut movement. I imagine too if an interviewer mentioned it and you weren’t very active on socials then it’d probably go in one ear and out the other.

Not trying to convince or chang minds but Clark/Superman's journey from MoS to BvS is brief and hurried. Clark is only Superman for 18 months in BvS and is still very "hopeful" and naive about the world and his "goodness" does not allow him to instantly recognise deceit, at least not yet IMO, and as a real Superman character he gives people chances at redemption. Superman to this point in BvS is still an outsider, an alien and is treading lightly trying to find his way and place in the world so the tender steps he takes may seem or feel like the proverbial macguffin to some because he is not yet the center of the world stage. He is hiding in the shadows, not unlike Batman, waiting to see how the world accepts him. In BvS he discovers that parts of humanity can still fear and hate him even for his good intentions and deeds. He is bewildered and torn and frankly disgusted by people like Lex who can be so evil and cause such pain.

So Macguffin, maybe to a point of driving the story but certainly not irrelevant to the story IMO. These films, both MoS and BvS are fish -out-of-water and aliens on Earth stories and do a good job IMO of illustrating the issues Perry White points out. Can you imagine how people would react if the knew there was a being like Superman walking amongst them...and then Zack shows us the two sides of this realization.

Just my opinion. Others will vary...

I think BvS UE feels more Clark/Superman centric for sure, not only do we get more of the plot involving Lois & Lex who are Superman world characters but we also get more time with Superman & especially Clark. Clark’s investigation into the Batman is probably my favourite aspect of the movie & the lack of that in the theatrical cut is what damages that version of it most imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"