8.02 - Plastique - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Mikelus

Intellectualis
Reaction score
UPDATED 7/9/08: Entertainment Weekly's Michael Ausiello has revealed that we may have a Chloe/Doomsday/Jimmy love triangle brewing. Also, regarding Lois and Clark at the Daily Planet: "There will be a lot more comedy this season, courtesy of those new adventures Lois and Clark will be embarking on."

UPDATED 7/7/08: Bette has a connection to Level 33.1 or something very much like it.
- Roles now being cast, in addition to the role of Bette, include the following: Security Agent, Young Cop, Medic, Tommy, Clerk, and two CSI's.

UPDATED 7/2/08: This episode will explore Clark's first day on his new job and his teaming with Lois.
- The character of paramedic Davis Bloom makes his first appearance in this episode, and he interacts primarily with Chloe.

"Plastique" does indeed feature Betty Sans Souci, also known as 'Plastique'. In this eps. she is a 15 yr old street kid and when she is slightly injured in an explosion, Chloe asks her to move in.

From an interview:

Slavkin reveals that the second episode of Season Eight is titled "Plastique," featuring a character from the Captain Atom comic book series. "She is somewhat of a human bomb, and we give a Smallville twist on her. It's not truly her origin story, but when she was young. She comes in as a teen runaway. We've cast a great actress for her, and the fans will love her," he says.

source: K-Site

Nice title, i wonder what it will be about. Would they use this plastique villain from dc comics or what about plasticman showing up.... Hopefully what ever it is cool.

why do I dread an episode about a kryptonitefreak plastic surgeon gone evil?

lol that did happen already lol back in season 4.

maybe Plasticman? Probably not, but it could be cool.

Yea top 3 theories for me is the plastique villain, plasticman, or its just a title and has nothing to do with choices 1 and 2.

Plasticman would be pretty awsome to see actually....but we just had stretchy Pete last season....so we'll see.

I don't see them doing krypto plastic sergeon again.

Well a plastique is another name for a plastic explosive, so I'm guessing it could have something to do with someone trying to blow something up.

Plastic Man would be awesome but they probably would use the title Plastic instead of Plastique...

Unless they're SV-izing Plastic Man into Plastique Man, a stretchy meteor freak who can also make himself explode at will. :X

Uh, guys, if this episode were to give us Plastic Man, wouldnt the title be "Plastic," not "Plastique?" :huh:

well titles could change before airings, it has happened before. But we dont have any spoilers yet for the episode so who know what it will be about, will it be about a bomb, dc villain plastique or maybe plasticman. It would be wicked sweet if it was plastique or plasticman but i wont hold my breath on that happening.

K-site
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]UPDATED 7/2/08: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This episode will explore Clark's first day on his new job and his teaming with Lois.
- The character of paramedic Davis Bloom makes his first appearance in this episode, and he interacts primarily with Chloe.
[/FONT]

Lois and Clark? Fantastic.
Maybe it ends up Davis and Chloe spending the majority of time together...

I wonder who is running DP?

You know, having Clark accept a job under a Lex Luthor owned DP doesn't really appeal to me. I mean I don't think Clark would want to get a job there to keep and eye on Tess.

But many months has passed, so maybe Ollie bought it.

Yea most think maybe clark does joib to keep his eyes on tess and luthorcorp business or that ollie bought the planet/or the board sold it to some onw *cough*perry white*cough*. As for chloe and doomsday/davis bloome who knows what is going to happen with them. I hope no bull relationship stuff. I was thinking maybe since we know he is now a metropolis paramedic maybe if chloe is in a 33.1 lab he could be working with them or he is there to or something. Not much is known at this time so all we have is speculation on what could be.

Well a plastique is another name for a plastic explosive, so I'm guessing it could have something to do with someone trying to blow something up.

Wasn't plastique in JLU with the suicide squad/task force x and she did exactly that?

UPDATED 7/3/08: Contrary to some reports that Chloe will be serving time for a while... in actuality, Chloe will no longer be incarcerated by the time this episode happens.
- Justin Hartley (Oliver) and Aaron Ashmore (Jimmy) do not appear in this episode.

Per secretagentman at TWoP:

"Plastique" does indeed feature Betty Sans Souci, also known as 'Plastique'. In this eps. she is a 15 yr old street kid and when she is slightly injured in an explosion, Chloe asks her to move in.

I wonder seeing as Clark is working at the Daily Planet now and its a busy place to work he'll have to have the secret identity like they've said he'll adapt in this season so that he can help people while still doing his job. Kind of like Lois and Clark.

Wonder how Clark gets a job at the Planet. If this is the last season, I hope we see Martha and Lex at some point again.

Wonder how Clark gets a job at the Planet. If this is the last season, I hope we see Martha and Lex at some point again.

Lois told him there was an opening at the end of arctic. A good word from her maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"