10.9 - Patriot - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

KBX

Sidekick
Reaction score
Written By: John Chisholm
Guest Stars: Alan Ritchson (AC Curry/Aquaman)
UPDATED 9/14/10: Title Revealed. Please do not re-post without a LINK to KryptonSite and acknowledging the source.
UPDATED 9/7/10: Entertainment Weekly's Ausiello has revealed that Aquaman will be returning in the ninth episode of Season 10.

http://www.kryptonsite.com/

Last edited:
I'm kinda hoping that AC returns AS the king of Atlantis and that his return has something to do with that, that something happened to Atlantis and he's being a Patriot of his city by doing something about it.

That would be great. It might be cool to see the other heroes move towards their respective destinies, just like Clark is.

Cool return, when was the last time AC showed up in Smallville?

Odyssey, the premiere of season 8.

Wet and ready bro.

If they can retcon Aquabro to be decent, I'm all for it.

He was one of the worst DC adaptions they've done, but most of the fault is on the actor.

If they can somehow transform Alan Ritchson into the badass king of Atlantis... it would be quite a feat.

Wet and ready bro.

If they can retcon Aquabro to be decent, I'm all for it.

He was one of the worst DC adaptions they've done, but most of the fault is on the actor.

If they can somehow transform Alan Ritchson into the badass king of Atlantis... it would be quite a feat.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. I've never understood why they made "Aqua" such a cheesy episode. A mix of bad acting/writing, I suppose. Here's to hoping he's a serious character this time around.

As far as behavior goes, Bart isn't much different than Arthur. Nobody complains about that, though.

I thin the dialogue was pretty corny for everyone, especially in "Justice".

I think that's because they're all based on comic book characters so it was spot on. :oldrazz:

Yeah, but Smallville dialogue can be super corny at times. :oldrazz:

I think it follows the case as when you write a paper really fast and think it sounds good at first, until you read it out loud. And of course, Smallville is notorious for that kind of dialogue.

I thin the dialogue was pretty corny for everyone, especially in "Justice".

AC looked like he was flirting with Vic when he said he likes swimming naked... it was creepy.

They probably should have gone with a more serious approach to the character like Timm and crew did.

The problem with Aquaman is he's already a joke in the media. Smallville didn't really redeem him, just added more punchlines to that joke.

AC looked like he was flirting with Vic when he said he likes swimming naked... it was creepy.

[YT]yHCAmtYAJGg[/YT]

Every time I see that scene I don't know what to make of it. It sounded like he was flirting in a joking way, but then the camera goes back on AC and he's just smirking like he enjoys it. :huh:

Yeah, that was the unsettling part.

Cyborg calling him "fish stick" didn't help either.

Agreed. But it didn't stop it to become the season's highest rated episode. Those were the days when the CW actually promoted Smallville.

I agree with you all. The AC/Cyborg scene was creepy.

If they can somehow transform Alan Ritchson into the badass king of Atlantis... it would be quite a feat.

I'm hoping that he's discovered his true lineage as The King of Atlantis which would explain his character development from the gay aquabro to the Badass King of Atlantis worthy of Mera's love .

I wouldn't mind seeing him reappear with his iconic costume
aquaman20920throne.jpg

Kind of off topic, but you guys reminded me with this King of Atlantis talk...

I want Ollie to grow his ****ing goatee. :cool::up:

@ Kal-El 8 - He won't.

@ Sawyer - He won't.

Kind of off topic, but you guys reminded me with this King of Atlantis talk...

I want Ollie to grow his ****ing goatee. :cool::up:

Hartley confirmed at SDCC that the Oliver in the SV universe will not have a goatee.

It's a different take on GA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"