10.8 - Abandoned - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Tom is supposed to direct one more before the end, right?

I think at CC he said he'd be directing two.

sure same thing happened last yr to i believe and he only ended up doing one. I just dont think he has the time with being an exec producer now, plus how ever much say he has with his production company on hellcats.

sure same thing happened last yr to i believe and he only ended up doing one. I just dont think he has the time with being an exec producer now, plus how ever much say he has with his production company on hellcats.

Yeah, but last year his first directing gig wasn't so early in the season.

I think they'll make sure he can do two this year.

Justin Hartley is supposed to direct this season too? I think the 20th episode?

Yup good luck to juston and good luck to tom if he does direct again. Still for me patroit wasn't that bad of a script. But we all have likes/dislikes. I am sure I love episodes u don't like and vis versa.

Yup good luck to juston and good luck to tom if he does direct again. Still for me patroit wasn't that bad of a script. But we all have likes/dislikes. I am sure I love episodes u don't like and vis versa.

Well, I'll explain my problems with it in my review once it's done. Got almost a first draft already so hopefully by Thursday, but we'll see.

It's so sad because this episode (Abandoned) was just so well written, it breaks my heart to see one so poorly written right after it.

I guess some 9th eps don't work out very well for you, Trip. :) I remember you didn't like Pandora very much, too.

I guess some 9th eps don't work out very well for you, Trip. :) I remember you didn't like Pandora very much, too.

True.

The 9th episode tends to stink, Abyss and Gemini being two exceptions. Although, I think I liked Lexmas more than a lot of people did.

(and Yes: I did look that up on my spreadsheet.... ;) :D )

Yeah, Abyss and Gemini were very good. Lexmas was ok, too. Though I enjoyed Patriot a lot. Can't wait for your review.

*sigh*

@alseptien also, what was the purpose of Lois being trapped in that blue tube/light thing at the fortress in Abandoned? I was confused lol
@Jennifer_Lynn89 Jor El was communicating with her... kind of like when Clark was given knowledge in season 5.

@alseptien Jor-el was communicating with Lois? About what?lol
@LovelyEricaD About the awesome holographic video... and how to make Clarkie some home cooked Kryptonian dishes : )

Yeah, Abyss and Gemini were very good. Lexmas was ok, too. Though I enjoyed Patriot a lot. Can't wait for your review.

I thought Abyss was pointless(honestly Chloe get her memories as well as Brainiac taken away only to get them both back within the following 2 episodes, it was like what was the point in the first place) as for Lexmas, I am not really a fan of AUs and I am not one who goes gaga over Lex episodes, but it was ok for what it was, nothing special though.

*sigh*

@alseptien also, what was the purpose of Lois being trapped in that blue tube/light thing at the fortress in Abandoned? I was confused lol
@Jennifer_Lynn89 Jor El was communicating with her... kind of like when Clark was given knowledge in season 5.

@alseptien Jor-el was communicating with Lois? About what?lol
@LovelyEricaD About the awesome holographic video... and how to make Clarkie some home cooked Kryptonian dishes : )

It was pretty obvious Lois was having a private chat with Mr. EL :whatever:
lol @ kryptonian dishes :woot:

I'm hating it more and more I see it. I think I'm going to put it down for a few days and come back to it again after the holiday is over.

I thought Abyss was pointless(honestly Chloe get her memories as well as Brainiac taken away only to get them both back within the following 2 episodes, it was like what was the point in the first place) as for Lexmas, I am not really a fan of AUs and I am not one who goes gaga over Lex episodes, but it was ok for what it was, nothing special though.

I liked Abyss a lot and Lexmas was an awesome episode. It showed Lex what he could have if he decided to walk away from his dark side. He chose to instead embrace it.

It showed us why Lex becomes the villain: he wants more from his life than he can earn being a good person.

I thought it was well-played by everyone.

As for Abyss, it was a beautifully executed episode and the concept behind it was IMO brilliant. It is probably one of the better episodes that season.

Added to that it was so beautifully filmed. It looked great, very striking visually and had probably some of Allison's acting that season.

For me, what's not to love?

I liked Abyss a lot and Lexmas was an awesome episode. It showed Lex what he could have if he decided to walk away from his dark side. He chose to instead embrace it.

It showed us why Lex becomes the villain: he wants more from his life than he can earn being a good person.

It's supposed to be an Xmas episode though, maybe it might be nice to make it you know a little cheerful. In typical Smallville fashion they find a depressing story for any season. As for Lex fighting over tough choices part of me just wished Evil Lex killed Good Lex in Onyx, would have saved alot of bad S5-7 Lex plots. I never was the fan of the show trying to create sympathetic villains as well(rule of thumb for super hero shows, the good guy looks better when the bad guy is badder, trying to make your bad guys sympathetic only makes Clark look bad(somewhat responsible) when the inevitable happens).

As for Abyss, it was a beautifully executed episode and the concept behind it was IMO brilliant. It is probably one of the better episodes that season.

Added to that it was so beautifully filmed. It looked great, very striking visually and had probably some of Allison's acting that season.

For me, what's not to love?

I guess for you, but for me it was a pointless episode about a character I can care less about(honestly if they are going to make a Chloe centric episode they should at least put a little effort into making a story that might be slightly interesting for people who aren't really into her character or have some b sideplots). As for the storyline it seemed to steal a little from a movie from a few years back

Last edited:
Well the show has had its up and downs. For me over the past few seasons there only been very little amounts of episodes I didn't like. But even with a bad episode for me there is always at least something good from it I do like.

No...

Just that she was around 5 years old looking when he droped her at Granny's.

Maybe she was "hidden" from Lillian and Lex for a few years and then he finally decided to get rid of her completely.

Yes but didn't GG say she had her for the first 5 years??

She meant for the first 5 years when Tess was in the orphanage and was trained to be a Female Fury. Then the Mersers adopted her.

Yea granny had her for a few yrs then lionel came back and and sent her to the mercers.

Lanefamily.jpg

Supergirl Annual 01 - Ella & Sam Lane with young Lois and little Lucy

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"