10.9 - Patriot - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Tess will remain as Watchtower until Chloe comes back. Lois will always be doing her reporter thing.

Tess will remain as Watchtower until Chloe comes back. Lois will always be doing her reporter thing.

Which would be Collateral and Chloe will be in that and Beacon straight. It's possible that Watchtower may be destroyed by Clark Luthor and there may be no Watchtower afterwards. :super:

From what I heard of those stories it does seem to be where they probably basing things off. As for lois I seriously doubt she would be watchtower that is tess/chloe. Lois will probably just be helping via reporting/spying and all that. Plus didn't folks say in the comics lois been to jl bases and help them from time to time. So I don't see how that is a issue. As for ultraman episode I would think they wouldn't blow up the base. Why do that. Its a great set and has a need. Plus if it was to go up we would have hear some rumors awhile like we got with talon in ambush.

Last edited:
The concept has been explored both with Marvel and DC over the years. Here is an excerpt about DC Comics and the JSA:

LINK: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Registration_acts_(comics)

Wasn't the White Rage(Trouble in the Heatland, isssue 80-82) story in the JLA comic simmiler to what's going on in SV. I only have the issue with Superman holding the guard up in the air(issue #80). I can't really remember anything about the story, which is also why I can't remember the exact name of the story arc.

I liked the episode my self. This is also the first time that I liked the SV Aquaman. I actually really liked the Aquaman pilot and I wish it had been picked up. I think it shows how strong SV is when you consider AM didn't get picked up and Birds of Prey was cancelled.

Althought you have to admit that the way Oliver Queen did his press annoucement "I Am Green Arrow" was excatly like how Tony Stark did in the movie .

And the Registration sgining scene in this episode matched the same panel from Civil War after Peter Parker revealed to the world he was Spider-Man and Tony basically said the samething Slade said about this being the first Hero to come forward yadda yadda....

but JSA did it before Civil War so...:o

Serene said:
As long as they don't give her any more lines to read, I'm fine with her returning.
Haa! :woot:

I'm not one to usually criticise the acting, but she stood out to me as being absolutely dreadful.

I'm guessing she was cast for other assets that she possesses. :cwink:

On the other hand, I thought Ritchson did a wonderful job on this outing. He must be taking lessons in his spare time. Good on him!

I thought I missed something last night in that scene where Clark was in the cage and the base blew up. But I guess not. Something had to have been cut there and whoever's decision that was, was a bad one.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought that.

I watch the episodes from the iTunes downloads and I thought a part of the episode had been cut out, unintentionally. Like a glitch in the download.

Something was definitely wrong in that scene, but I will watch it again to be absolutely sure.

Last edited:
Well I made some comments about the cage thing last few pages. It works in my opinion from what we were told about things in episode.

Kryptonite cage wasjn't a problem for me whatsoever.

I think that SV is doing it's own version of The 80's Legends storyline/Final Crisis where Darkseid and his henchmen are manipiulating the people to hate and fear superheroes as well as using the Anti-Life equation to take over earth and he and his minions are on earth is disguises in order to manipulate the people

Your exactly right, the plot line from this season, is almost identical to Dc comics "Legends" crossover story from the 80s.

Single favorite line from this episode.

"To answer your question. I am Man, and Steel"

Loved Aquamans return. So glad he dropped all the brah talk. :woot:

It was a cool line. Alot of good ones in the episode.

Finally watched the ep last night, and I think it's my least favourite of the season. Mera was pretty, but also pretty dreadful, and despite his efforts, Ritchson's attempts at portraying a more grown-up and determined Aquaman fell flat. There were two major instances where it felt like key scenes or sequences were cut, the first being Aquaman's capture, the second being after the climactic base explosion.

I did, however, enjoy the last couple of dramatic dialogue scenes. It again goes to show the good that the Lois and Clark relationship does for this show. It's cool to see Lois officially inducted into the loop.

Lastly, that final bit with Slade and the massively excessive eyepatch? What a useless, laughable throwaway winky-wink for fans.

I still didn't have problem with episode as for ac capture and clark in cage as base going up. Sure it would have beem nice to see it. Maybe it vcould have been cut for time or another reason. Or there was no scene. In ac case slade told us what we needed to know. He came to the base to hpt speeding in like a missle and they caught him with there weakness weapon. Then same thing with clark in cage. I still say you can go the weakness metal lost power when base started to go and clark was able to get away unharmed.

Lastly, that final bit with Slade and the massively excessive eyepatch? What a useless, laughable throwaway winky-wink for fans.

I'm sure it gave a lot of fanboy hard ons.

I'm sure it gave a lot of fanboy hard ons.
I laughed hard...

Really, that was the nail on the coffin for this episode. The resolution we got concerning Slade and the holding facilities after the explosion was terrible enough, but then to get that little rushed, over-produced bit, with the glitching and the static? Man, oh man, just laughable.

I guess knowing from spoilers that Michael Hogan will be returning eases the ridiculousness of that ending, but it still doesn't excuse how terrible it was.

I suppose they were bound to have a hiccup on this run of the season at some point.

The only thing I don't get is that he was right in the middle of the explosion and the only thing injured was his eye? I suppose Clark saved him and shielded him but still....I would have rather seen Oliver strike Slade's eye with an arrow.

It's funny how a lot of people going in thought the biggest flaw of the episode would be Aquaman's appearance, yet it's getting more praise than everything else, including Tom's directing.

I actually forgot this was the episode he directed until i saw people mention it here, but that could explain why I felt like this episode was a little lacking in Clark's story, minus the whole reveal at the end about Darkseid i.e. the "darkness".

Aquaman's dialogue wasn't anything great but it sure beats the whole "bro" talk.

I completely agree with Zorex, the only saving grace for this episode was the final segment. Alan Ritchson just can't act, and neither can the woman portraying Mera, and the whole King of Atlantis stuff, works in the comics but comes off cheesy and silly in live action.

I disagree. Ritchson's acting was way better than before and the Atlantis stuff really worked imo. Aquaman being from Atlantis is no more "cheesy and silly" than Superman being an alien.

Granted, he was more subdued, and, as people have pointed out, much less bro-tastic in his speech, but IMO he was still just bad. The kind of acting style that thinks squinting and standing a certain way equates to nailing it.

The material regarding his "Orin" identity and leading his people wasn't silly, I don't think, but just too extraneous, too unexplored and underdeveloped. I understand throwing it in there for the fans, and to sort of explain how he'd come to know Mera, but otherwise I wish they'd avoided it.

I thought ala did pretty well as ac her. Mera actress was ok, she just didn't have much. So hard to judge her fairly for what she did as mera. I still thought it was a pretty good episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"