10.9 - Patriot - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Good episode, Aquaman was pretty awesome in this episode. I like it when someone stands up to Clark, it makes both of them look like better heroes. The last 2 scenes both seem pretty long and pretty awesome. Smallville doesn't usually end episodes like that but I enjoyed it. Lois proving to Mera that she is worth a heroes love being just a human was nice.

Last week we basically saw Darkseids team come together about their plans, this week we get Clarks team.

vlcsnap9647.png

vlcsnap11988.png

vlcsnap12036.png

vlcsnap12340.png

That's what I was looking for...*loosens belt*

That's what I was looking for...*loosens belt*

yeah she was beyond hot in that scene. i honestly thought for a minute lois and her were going to kiss or something. i have no idea why the writers thought she had to strip naked in front of her? hot scene non the less.

lois didn't even seem to bothered by her being naked or anything. i was expecting a totally different reaction to it.

Aquabro no more. Hail Aquaman, Lord of Atlantis and King of the Seas.

The last 10 minutes pretty much saved it for me. :super:

OK, I want to know how Clark escaped from the Kryptonite cage? Did the explosion destroy it and kill Clark too, but when the Kryptonite was gone, his body regenerated?

Overall it was a really good episode. I have another question though, and forgive me for not knowing the character's name, but the general who was talking to Clark at the end of the episode, what was the deal with the iron eye patch at the end? Is he supposed to be a character from the DC Universe? One of Darkseid's minions?

I mentioned this back a page. Plus said it on another board. Folks seem to forgot slade had a special transforming metal which as slade said could turn into x heroes weakness. So when the base started to go up the power to the cage made of the metal probably turned off and it was just regular metal bars. So then clark just got out of them and swim out. The general was slade wilson aka deathstroke. He is a dc comics villain.

OK, I want to know how Clark escaped from the Kryptonite cage? Did the explosion destroy it and kill Clark too, but when the Kryptonite was gone, his body regenerated?

Overall it was a really good episode. I have another question though, and forgive me for not knowing the character's name, but the general who was talking to Clark at the end of the episode, what was the deal with the iron eye patch at the end? Is he supposed to be a character from the DC Universe? One of Darkseid's minions?

Those were the same problems I had with the episode.

Slade is a character in the DCU and wears an eyepatch over his right eye. He's not one of Darkseid's minions and has nothing to do with Darkseid. This is SV's version of the story. :super:

Any episode that features Dolphins is awesome in my book. :up:

I would assume Clark had to get a new red jacket because I doubt that it was made from something that's indestructible.

Funny you mention if the explosion killed Clark, because Alan Ritchson tweeted that Clark dies in this episode, though it was clearly meant to be a joke and not a real spoiler. Still interesting that he would tweet something like that given the ambiguity of what happened in the explosion.

Elena Satine should be casted as Mary Jane Watson in the new movie because She is without a doubt she looks like MJ .
Mary%20Jane%20Watson.jpg

I said it a few times here but I think Elena Satine would make a perfect Mary Jane but could also be a good Lana Lang.

I wonder if Tom was making a video to attach to his application for a Cinemax director. lol

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind her formj in reboot for spidey, but they are skiping her for the first film. Which I think is good move. Play with gwen add all the drama there. Abd then slowly build to mj and pull off the famous intro for her for live action. They did it great in tssm toon.

Loved that Mera called him the future King of the Seven Seas, hope if we see him on the JLA ep he talks about Atlantis

I echo the comments of a couple other posters who were frustrated by the conclusion of the kryptonite cage scene. Yeah, Clark says that he's man AND steel, so you know he's going to survive the explosion. But all of a sudden he's back on the farm and bailing hay? It seemed like there was no finality to that scene, they just moved right on along.

And I'll add another beef I don't believe I've seen mentioned. In the AC/Mera/Oliver scene, Mera gets trapped in the cage, and Oliver just throws a piece of glass into the computer console and the cage bars raise and Mera is free? That felt like a total cop-out. Not too mention the water FX when Mera frees Oliver were sketchy at best.

And, yeah, how did they capture AC? He says they were tracking him (later in the episode), but when we see it Oliver just walks into a room and BAM! there's AC all strung up and stuff? I was like, When did this happen? Dude was just going to search the rigs and now he's captured? Felt forced and rushed.

But on the positive side, I definitely like the introduction of the Anti-Life Equation. I'm guessing that's the "darkness" that is infecting people like Slade. (Reminds me of the Dave Chappelle "Rick James" skit..."Darkness is spreading!") I wonder how it's being transmitted to people, if it's through electronic media or whatever. Definitely very interested in where this is leading.

And when Tess and Lois were talking in the elevator, and neither one knew that the other one knew Clark's secret, you just knew they were gonna find out that each other knew. That's Smallville. Set 'em up, and knock 'em down.

i guess you can either blame the director or the editor. one of them forgot to watch the episode when it was completed i guess. there were some strange things as you pointed out.

I didn't see this yet, but I saw a screencap of Mera and AC with the mushroom cloud explosion behind them: please tell me someone thoight of True Lies from that shot.

I wondered about this, too.
Perhaps it has to do with Kryptonite levels. I mean, Green K weakens (and kills) Clark over a period of time. but it doesn't strip him of his powers. Perhaps he wasn't weakened enough to be more than hurt from the explosion. And he knew he'd heal as soon as the Kryptonite was gone.

I thought I missed something last night in that scene where Clark was in the cage and the base blew up. But I guess not. Something had to have been cut there and whoever's decision that was, was a bad one.

Other than that, thought it was a solid episode. Alan Ritchson was light years better actign wise then he's been in the past.

I certainly second this. Though it might just have to do with better writing.
Though it makes sense for his character. He went from being an activist hippy who really had no problems in his life, to finding out he was royalty and had people to lead and responsibility and stuff. He literally -had- to grow up. I like it when they progress a character and it actually makes logical sense.

If they decided to do that Aquaman show and cast Ritchson, I would totally watch after this awesome performance.

This is the Aquaman we should have gotten from the start. He, Clark, and MM are three of the founders of the Justice League and I hope they're the ones coming up with the team name. :super:

Great episode! It got me super excited for the rest of the season, especially Icarus!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"