10.6 - Harvest - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Just read your review trip. Good as always. I too thought like I said in past posts it was a pretty decent episode.

My review's up:

http://www.kryptonsite.com/harvestreview.htm

Liked it a lot more than I thought I would going in.

Awesome review trip you covered all the key point (The strengths and weaknesses of the episode) , How even this weird story still moved the key line stories forward (Lois & Clark), (Tess & Alexander). I also agree with your opinion regarding the sex scene how it wasn't the typical showcase eye candy for views but it was actually heartfelt and meaningful.:cwink:

Awesome review trip you covered all the key point (The strengths and weaknesses of the episode) , How even this weird story still moved the key line stories forward (Lois & Clark), (Tess & Alexander). I also agree with your opinion regarding the sex scene how it wasn't the typical showcase eye candy for views but it was actually heartfelt and meaningful.:cwink:

People are calling it a filler episode, it wasn't filler at all. I don't think any episode so far was. Each has advanced one of the storylines for the season at least to some extent.

For Clark and Lois, it deepened their love and trust of one another, which was expressed through that love scene.

I think Erica showed more in her "disguises" than in that one love scene.

Totally trip I don't feel any episodes have been fillers. Sure harvest/isis could be looked at it with the basic plots for the episodes. But you are right the story does advance in them.

I think Erica showed more in her "disguises" than in that one love scene.

Disguises?

:confused:

Not sure what you mean by that, but the love scene was only one way to show her love for Clark. I think her not tipping her hand, letting him tell her his secret when he was ready, was a huge thing that showed how much she loved him.

She recognized what a big impact that has on him, revealing himself. Clark was just stupid for kissing her in Salvation, but he thought he was going to have to leave earth and never come back, so that makes sense he did that.

Ever since, she's tried to protect him and run interference for him whenever possible, even before he told her his secret.

It's awesome.

And Clark being so adorably in love, the way Tom played the sex scene was so awesome.

Erica played Lois perfectly in that scene. They were terrific. It was a perfect love scene.

I think the only thing that scene was missing was a better look at Tom's bare chest.

;) :D

Last edited:
I really enjoyed this episode but was the sex at the end really necessary?

I really enjoyed this episode but was the sex at the end really necessary?

I think so.

It stemmed naturally from Clark's and Lois' growing love and trust for one another.

The sex scene also displayed in a visual way what the episode was about: love and trust.

Clark and Lois adore each other and seeing that play out fully, even in a sex scene that was very tastefully done and romantically staged (loved the candles), was awesome. I thought the scene was the perfect wrap up for the episode for both characters.

So, I don't think it was gratuitous at all.

i think it was.

Lois: "I have faith"
Clark: Amen

I believe the terms: "LORD/MESSIAH" and probably GOD if I'm not mistaken were brought up/mentioned in this episode. Seriously, was it really necessary for Clark and Lois to do the WILD MAMBO (fornicate)at the end?

They could have waited until this last episode or something?

LOIS: OH CLARK I almost died...
MAKE ME FEEL GOOD :D
MAKE ME FELL GOOD...
Clark: But your family is home...
LOIS: lets go to the barn...
Clark: Okay now I will SUPERNAIL YOU...

the end...

I think so.

It stemmed naturally from Clark's and Lois' growing love and trust for one another.

The sex scene also displayed in a visual way what the episode was about: love and trust.

Clark and Lois adore each other and seeing that play out fully, even in a sex scene that was very tastefully done and romantically staged (loved the candles), was awesome. I thought the scene was the perfect wrap up for the episode for both characters.

So, I don't think it was gratuitous at all.

I think there is ways they could imply they are having sex without actually showing it. I actually thought the post sex scene in Ambush was way better then the sex scene in Harvest

I think there is ways they could imply they are having sex without actually showing it. I actually thought the post sex scene in Ambush was way better then the sex scene in Harvest

You think that was showing sex?

That was nothing: it was just some skin and some kissing. It was about about the most mild of a sex scene as I think I've seen on TV.

And Dagoods: for me when someone loves someone else and they make love it isn't fornication.

That term implies sex being a tool for satisfying the base lust of the participants.

The sex in the scene wasn't like that at all. It was an expression of their love for each other, they were making love to each other, not just having sex.

You think that was showing sex?

That was nothing: it was just some skin and some kissing. It was about about the most mild of a sex scene as I think I've seen on TV.

And Dagoods: for me when someone loves someone else and they make love it isn't fornication.

That term implies sex being a tool for satisfying the base lust of the participants.

The sex in the scene wasn't like that at all. It was an expression of their love for each other, they were making love to each other, not just having sex.

that's not what the Holy Bible says ;)
I know it was an expression of their love, a very pure one mind you but it just felt out of place, IMHO.

Disguises?

:confused:

Not sure what you mean by that, but the love scene was only one way to show her love for Clark. I think her not tipping her hand, letting him tell her his secret when he was ready, was a huge thing that showed how much she loved him.

She recognized what a big impact that has on him, revealing himself. Clark was just stupid for kissing her in Salvation, but he thought he was going to have to leave earth and never come back, so that makes sense he did that.

Ever since, she's tried to protect him and run interference for him whenever possible, even before he told her his secret.

It's awesome.

And Clark being so adorably in love, the way Tom played the sex scene was so awesome.

Erica played Lois perfectly in that scene. They were terrific. It was a perfect love scene.

I think the only thing that scene was missing was a better look at Tom's bare chest.

;) :D

Disguises meaning the various costumes she puts on to get a story or whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"